Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BCN / Barcelona El Prat Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounge Access (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2015, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Barcelona El Prat International Airport
Sala Joan Miró

Terminal 1 (non-Schengen)

Link to BCN airport information on aa.com
Link to BCN airport website

LOCATION: Terminal 1, non-Schengen departures after security, turn left towards Gates D (even if you are departing from Gates E; they are connected airside). Clear Passport Control then proceed thru the store. Take the first set of stairs or elevator in front of McDonalds down and turn left to enter the VIP lounge. SEE NOTES.

HOURS: Normally 06:00 - 23:30; please see here for current information, hours.

AMENITIES:
  • WiFi (first 15 minutes free)
  • Beverages and snacks
  • Television
  • Showers 10 euro

NOTES: This lounge is located in the non-Schengen area. Wi-Fi is only free for the first 15 minutes; phone, fax and shower towel hire incur fees.[/quote]

Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible (departing to intercontinental, non-Schengen, country) customers when travelling on: American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian

Accepts Priority Pass, Diners, Airport Angel

Older thread about BCN lounge access here.
Print Wikipost

BCN / Barcelona El Prat Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounge Access (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
In this lounge now, showers are 10 Euro. Lounge was fine, not too crowded on Tuesday at 2:30pm. They don't have real food but some pastries and ham and snacks. They do have ice cream which is a plus. WiFi is the airport WiFi.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:21 pm

Might be a dumb question - I land in BCN at 7am on an AA flight, leave at 8:30pm (to Paris) - I plan to hang out in the city during the day - will this lounge (or another) store my carryon for me during the day? Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:58 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timarland
Might be a dumb question - I land in BCN at 7am on an AA flight, leave at 8:30pm (to Paris) - I plan to hang out in the city during the day - will this lounge (or another) store my carryon for me during the day? Thanks!
Nope. But you can use the left luggage facility.
https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide....a-airport.html
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
Nope. But you can use the left luggage facility.
https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide....a-airport.html
Sweet! Reserved! Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
I've used the Joan Miro lounge several times over the past 5 years, always in the AM before departing on AA to JFK or MIA. It's never been particularly crowded. Mrs.BG3 and I have a continental breakfast in the lounge rather than the hotel, and it's ok (in spite of the Nespresso coffee). Never tried the showers.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold
DH and I flew BCN-JFK on 10AM AA flight this week. We figured we would be able to use the Joan Miro lounge.
When we checked our bags the AA agent directed us to Pau Casals lounge in T1, after directing us to a Fast Track security line that had zero people waiting.
We saw many other folks who were on our US-bound flight in Pau Casals.

Anyway--it was a very nice lounge. Spacious, clean, very nice selection of food and beverages.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I’m in the Joan Miró lounge now. It’s actually really nice. Very spacious, they have tons of beverages to choose from. Very good food selection of breads, pastries, meats and cheeses, yogurt. Wine, champagne, self serve liquors and beers.

There is a hot food area as well with limited selections, but as soon as they put it out people are swarming to scoop it up.

Overall, I am really impressed. The previous reviews make this place sound like a total dump.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I’m in the Joan Miró lounge now. It’s actually really nice. Very spacious, they have tons of beverages to choose from. Very good food selection of breads, pastries, meats and cheeses, yogurt. Wine, champagne, self serve liquors and beers.

There is a hot food area as well with limited selections, but as soon as they put it out people are swarming to scoop it up.

Overall, I am really impressed. The previous reviews make this place sound like a total dump.
Agreed, I had no issues with this lounge last summer. Is it like The Pier or The Wing in HKG.....absolutely not, but totally acceptable. Not that it matters now but that AB lounge in DUS....yuck.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 2:40 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Can anyone confirm that the Juan Miro lounge is open to AA business class passengers? We have a flight to MIA tomorrow and cannot find any info on the AA site about a lounge at BCN. Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2023, 3:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dlaue
Can anyone confirm that the Juan Miro lounge is open to AA business class passengers? We have a flight to MIA tomorrow and cannot find any info on the AA site about a lounge at BCN. Thanks
From the oneworld website.

Open 6:00 am to 9:00 pm daily.

James
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by dlaue
I was allowed in two weeks ago with the same flight, so you should be good to go.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 11:14 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I think I know the answer already, but is there an arrivals lounge for AA/OW business class passengers at BCN?
Old Apr 14, 2023, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
I think I know the answer already, but is there an arrivals lounge for AA/OW business class passengers at BCN?
There is no arrivals lounge at BCN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.