Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile. LATAM VIP Lounge (Admirals Club CLOSED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA passengers departing from Santiago who enjoy the usual lounge access privileges are currently directed to the Salones VIP Pacific Club

Terminal 2 International Departures, Level 3 at the end of Pier C, After Security

Opening hours:
Daily 06:00 to 22:00
Print Wikipost

Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile. LATAM VIP Lounge (Admirals Club CLOSED)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA General
I have the Citi/ Advantage Executive Card that includes AC membership. They used to let me in at SCL. Would I be allowed in with family?

Last edited by rhuerta36; Jun 2, 2019 at 9:40 pm Reason: RH
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Deleted for providing contradictory info.

Last edited by zpaul; Jun 5, 2019 at 8:05 am
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by zpaul
No, I'm sorry to say. The only reciprocal international lounge access you have with an Admirals Club membership is with Qantas Club. The LATAM Sala VIP is a partner lounge so access is via class of service or elite membership level only, per oneworld lounge access rules. There are Priority Pass lounges at SCL if you have a membership with them directly or via another credit card.

You can always try, though. When consolidating lounges they usually get pretty strict regarding access, since there is strain placed on capacity already.

EDIT: I note that you're Platinum with AA. That will get you access as OW Sapphire.
Your post appears to be directly contradicted by the other information in this thread, including the sticky post at the top. Admirals Club members should have access because the Admiral's Club is now closed. It looks like AA has contracted with LATAM to provide access to its Admiral's Club members, including those who are members by virtue of the Citi Executive Card.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Your post appears to be directly contradicted by the other information in this thread, including the sticky post at the top. Admirals Club members should have access because the Admiral's Club is now closed. It looks like AA has contracted with LATAM to provide access to its Admiral's Club members, including those who are members by virtue of the Citi Executive Card.
Interesting. I saw someone turned away when I was there two weeks ago, but that could be due to the learning curve. I'll delete my post - sorry for the confusion.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:46 am

Does anyone know if One World Emerald status still gets you access to this lounge or have they cut all One World ties?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: AA PLT
LATAM isn't leaving OW until October.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jrb CO
Does anyone know if One World Emerald status still gets you access to this lounge or have they cut all One World ties?
AA has a service desk within the LATAM lounge.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone been to SCL recently? What is the current lounge situation? LATAM is out and the AAdmirals club is closed. It seems like AA is sending passengers to the Andes lounge? But then I've also seen that Andes is currently closed for renovations.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
Anyone been to SCL recently? What is the current lounge situation? LATAM is out and the AAdmirals club is closed. It seems like AA is sending passengers to the Andes lounge? But then I've also seen that Andes is currently closed for renovations.
Pacific club in the int'l terminal (Andes is closed). If you have Priority Pass and don't mind a little more walking, go to the Skyteam lounge instead. When I was there last week, there was no line, only half the seats were taken, they now have alcohol including several red/white options and self-pour liquor (I think a lot of their poor reviews were bc they didn't have a liquor license until a couple months ago), and decent food.

The Pacific Club is much smaller, worse food & drink IMO, and way more crowded that time of the evening. When I walked by on the way to the gate, there was probably a dozen or so people in line, and it looked like a slower "one out, one in" capacity situation rather than just being slow to check people in.
ghsbass0406 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
AA uses the Pacific Club. It's small and often has a line for entry (presumably paid passes), but J passengers can skip the line.
ghsbass0406 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Pacific club in the int'l terminal (Andes is closed). If you have Priority Pass and don't mind a little more walking, go to the Skyteam lounge instead. When I was there last week, there was no line, (...)
Were you flying on an AA ticket? The Priority Pass site says that you have to be flying on Skyteam to access the Skyteam lounge (which seems to defeat the point of PP, but I'm not surprised as worthless as it has turned out to be).

Is this not enforced?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
Were you flying on an AA ticket? The Priority Pass site says that you have to be flying on Skyteam to access the Skyteam lounge (which seems to defeat the point of PP, but I'm not surprised as worthless as it has turned out to be).

Is this not enforced?
That must be new - I don't recall seeing that when I went before and I'm usually pretty good about a quick read of the lounge T&Cs so I'm not disappointed upon arrival. I was flying on AA, ticketed by AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.