Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile. LATAM VIP Lounge (Admirals Club CLOSED)

Old May 9, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA passengers departing from Santiago who enjoy the usual lounge access privileges are currently directed to the Salones VIP Pacific Club

Terminal 2 International Departures, Level 3 at the end of Pier C, After Security

Opening hours:
Daily 06:00 to 22:00
Print Wikipost

Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile. LATAM VIP Lounge (Admirals Club CLOSED)

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile. LATAM VIP Lounge (Admirals Club CLOSED)

="1"%Aeropuerto Internacional Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez de Santiago de Chile Admirals Club

="4"%SCL Int’l. Building Admirals Club CLOSED 1 May 2019.

LATAM departs oneworld 1 May 2020.

AA agents will be available in the LATAM VIP Lounge.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 1, 2020 at 12:10 am Reason: update
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:46 pm

I am in LATAM VIP lounge now. While it is very reasonable in size and got a lot of amenities, it’s rather weak in hot food selection (I managed to find an oven with quiche and baked rice after two hours of searching, and was even more amazed as they have got three different kinds of cheese and cold cut, six different cakes, good collection of ice cream but... no hot food???) The wine collection is wide, including

Preferential check in

Private toilets

No hot food?

Good wine collection

Really good

Really great

real coffee.

Photo copier

Sleep area

Entertainment area

Huge shower room
Maipu selections. However they’re not top grade so I went back to my favourite bailey’s on rock. If you want to use the shower you will really need to be early to the lounge as over ten passgers waiting for maybe one or two slots. There is a sleeping area with four beds, no rooms though in a Bangkok massage shop setting; an entertainment room with kids yelling to a big TV screen; and a good photocopying machine that does the job if you want to take a copy of LATAM’s thermal paper boarding pass.

Overall reminded me the MH lounge, huge lounge but with limited budget for decor. Yes, I am spoiled with some of the top OW lounges such as the two CX Fs in Hong Kong, QR Al Safwa, and BA Concorde room.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
@HypnoticSpecter: Despite any limitations of the LATAM lounge, readers should be aware that it is a far better atmosphere than the AA lounge.
zpaul likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT
As an aside: is the priority LATAM check-in + direct lounge access only for LA-operated flights, or can AA customers who wish to use the lounge access it via this channel as well?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by linglingfool
As an aside: is the priority LATAM check-in + direct lounge access only for LA-operated flights, or can AA customers who wish to use the lounge access it via this channel as well?
It is a OneWorld lounge and can be accessed by OneWorld pax, including AA, under OneWorld rules.

It's a nice lounge but seems to me to have gone downhill a bit over the past couple of years in terms of food offerings.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
It is a OneWorld lounge and can be accessed by OneWorld pax, including AA, under OneWorld rules.

It's a nice lounge but seems to me to have gone downhill a bit over the past couple of years in terms of food offerings.
Sorry, to clarify: I was asking about the dedicated check-in channel that funnels pax directly into the lounge, not about actually accessing the lounge once airside.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Sorry, to clarify: I was asking about the dedicated check-in channel that funnels pax directly into the lounge, not about actually accessing the lounge once airside.
The lounge is airside. Seems to me that there is security checkpoint on the second level near the checkin desk. Not sure how you access it though. SCL is very efficient at checkin so doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:24 am
QG

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
I think the dedicated check in upstairs may only be for LATAM flights - I usually check in with Qantas downstairs in the main hall and use the priority security line upstairs with direct access to the lounge.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
You can use the immigration counter at the second floor after the LATAM priority check in just before the lounge, this is not restricted for use by LATAM elites/business passengers, just go straight when you get to LATAM preferred check in area; AA check in is downstairs though.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Visited the LATAM lounge at SCL today for the first time. It's a nice space with lots of seats, power sockets and views but food and drink is a bit disappointing. Champagne no longer available, only a Chilean sparkling now.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

AA has stated they will shutter the SCL Admirals Club as of May 1, 2019. Departing oneworld Emerald or Sapphire members, those departing in AA Business Class and Admirals Club members May access the LATAM VIP Lounge in the International Building, after security, 4th floor, near Gates 14/15 (opened 28 March 2015).

Access: Business Class, First Class, Sapphire Tier or Emerald Tier departing on any oneworld airline; departing Admirals Club members.
Zacnlinc and zpaul like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
AA has stated they will shutter the SCL Admirals Club as of May 1, 2019. Departing oneworld Emerald or Sapphire members, those departing in AA Business Class and Admirals Club members May access the LATAM VIP Lounge in the International Building, after security, 4th floor, near Gates 14/15 (opened 28 March 2015).

Access: Business Class, First Class, Sapphire Tier or Emerald Tier departing on any oneworld airline; departing Admirals Club members.
I’ve heard conflicting reports on whether CK agents will be stationed at the new lounge and offer walk to gate and preboard as previously.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
The official communication email that was sent to me yesterday says AA agents will be at the LATAM lounge to assist, but not sure if some of these are CK agents or not.
JDiver likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver

That's going to put quite a strain on the LATAM Sala VIP.
JDiver likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:21 am
Original Poster

The Wikipost at the top of the page has been edited. Posts regarding the SCLMInternational Terminal Admirals Club have been archived to ARCHIVE: Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile Admirals Club & LATAM VIP Lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.