Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Having dealt with lounge agents incorrectly applying policy when the QF lounges were new, I can totally understand being annoyed about incorrectly applied policy. I had to write in to oneworld, QF, and AA several times before the dragons were properly re-educated.

However, I have to say that based on the reading of the rules, transcon access indeed appears to be a class-of-service based exception only, sorry. But I can understand the confusion.

Given how complex AA's stupid lounge access rules are, I don't know why they can't program the computer to print which lounge you're eligible for on the boarding pass like AY, or print lounge invitations like CX...
serfty likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by serfty
Indeed the wording has changed (and that has prompted me to edit a wiki).

But that still does not alter the Class of Service based entry rules for those on "North American" itineraries - they need to be travelling First Class* to either LAX or MIA to access the Qantas First Lounge.

*Of course there's the distinction between First Class booked in F/A/P/Z and "First Class" booked in J/C/D/I/U - not sure how that pans out on two class MIA flights.
A slip of the keyboard_ "travelling First Class* to either JFK or MIA".
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by no2chem
Having dealt with lounge agents incorrectly applying policy when the QF lounges were new, I can totally understand being annoyed about incorrectly applied policy. I had to write in to oneworld, QF, and AA several times before the dragons were properly re-educated.

However, I have to say that based on the reading of the rules, transcon access indeed appears to be a class-of-service based exception only, sorry. But I can understand the confusion.

Given how complex AA's stupid lounge access rules are, I don't know why they can't program the computer to print which lounge you're eligible for on the boarding pass like AY, or print lounge invitations like CX...
If you print lounge invitations, there will be arguments at the
check-in desk ! They would rather have them done in the lounge far far
away from them
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by flyalways
If you print lounge invitations, there will be arguments at the
check-in desk ! They would rather have them done in the lounge far far
away from them
Much fewer arguments, because the computers will apply the rules correctly.
And if they don't much easier fix than retraining agents.

I've never had a problem with CX or AY sending me to the wrong lounge, really!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I fear any "clarification" of lounge rules would result in less generous lounge privileges.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs
I fear any "clarification" of lounge rules would result in less generous lounge privileges.
maybe. But you have no idea how frustrating QF lounges at LAX were earlier on.

For example: traveling transcon F - JFK then EZE next day, denied
Traveling aa as a non-aa ows/owe, denied
(this was 2 years ago)

id rather know for sure that i have access or not than argue with them...
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Totally fair criticism. I have never seen the Qantas lounge full, either, it has a LOT of seating.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by ralphs
Totally fair criticism. I have never seen the Qantas lounge full, either, it has a LOT of seating.
Over the past few months I have been in the F Lounge and it was full. Typically late at night.. They typically have an AA Flight to HKG , two CX Flights out, a Qantas flight and a BA I believe... During that late night span I think 6-7 flights..
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by get0ffdanutzz
Over the past few months I have been in the F Lounge and it was full. Typically late at night.. They typically have an AA Flight to HKG , two CX Flights out, a Qantas flight and a BA I believe... During that late night span I think 6-7 flights..
There's a couple more QF flights in there too. I'd say that the lounge can be full but not uncomfortably so. Once the T4 Flagship lounge opens, it may reduce numbers.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:02 pm

I'm flying LAX-JFK in F in a couple of weeks as an EXP. My mother in law will be flying LAX-ORD on AA the same day (no status).

Will I be able to guest her into the Qantas F lounge?

I'm not clear on the guest rules about whether she needs to be on my flight or any OW flight.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by dciolli
I'm flying LAX-JFK in F in a couple of weeks as an EXP. My mother in law will be flying LAX-ORD on AA the same day (no status).

Will I be able to guest her into the Qantas F lounge?

I'm not clear on the guest rules about whether she needs to be on my flight or any OW flight.
Technically your mother in law just has to be on any oneworld flight, but I have had an experience where the lounge attendant argued with me that my guest had to be on the same flight. She eventually let us both in just to get rid of us without admitting any error on her part. Very unpleasant.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by robinhood
Technically your mother in law just has to be on any oneworld flight, but I have had an experience where the lounge attendant argued with me that my guest had to be on the same flight. She eventually let us both in just to get rid of us without admitting any error on her part. Very unpleasant.
I concur the mother in law has access and I've had the same issue at LAX lounges as robinhood with them insisting it has to be the same flight. I asked the agent if she could please pull up the access rules for me so I am aware for the future (fully knowing I was correct and the agent was wrong). She read them out loud to me and suddenly realized she was actually incorrect, apologized and we were admitted. If you run in to issues, ask if the agent will pull up the access rules from the website.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by britz
I concur the mother in law has access and I've had the same issue at LAX lounges as robinhood with them insisting it has to be the same flight. I asked the agent if she could please pull up the access rules for me so I am aware for the future (fully knowing I was correct and the agent was wrong). She read them out loud to me and suddenly realized she was actually incorrect, apologized and we were admitted. If you run in to issues, ask if the agent will pull up the access rules from the website.
Thank you both!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by britz
does she need to leave the lounge with him ?? Just curious....
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Qantas have a rule the guest needs to be travelling for non oneworld admissions (e.g. EK or Jetstar travellers). Sadly a few agents confuse this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.