FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1676544-guide-lax-los-angeles-tbit-bradley-int-l-oneworld-lounges.html)

JDiver Apr 5, 2009 6:03 pm

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9..._B_LAXTBIT.png
[LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - "TBIT" Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge
(operated by Qantas)

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...oneworld1.jpeg

See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27013258 for more photos from Microwave. This one shows the path from TBIT Arrivals or drop off as you approach the southernmost (your right as you exit) door out of TBIT to enter TSA security checkpoint and airside connector to AA terminal 4 or loop back to TBIT oneworld lounges.
  • "The ... picture shows the perspective one would see immediately after turning right after baggage recheck (assuming you're clearing immigration and customs at TBIT) -or- the perspective one would see entering the terminal having been dropped off at TBIT at the arrivals level kerb and entering the building at the far end near the Shuttle Express stand and turning left."
  • "This picture thus faces roughly south:"

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...14020-pic1.jpg

Johnybegud May 27, 2012 2:24 am

ARCHIVE: Ticket status: On Request, Pending, Purchased, Ticketed issues

Hi, hope this is posted in the correct area.
I have, two days ago, tried to complete a complicated booking with AA - from Kuwait to UK, USA, Caribbean, USA, UK and back to Kuwait. All flights are showing on my itinerary but on an 'on request' basis. My credit card has not been charged.
Can anyone please advise what this means and how I can change to a confirmed basis and get tickets issued? I am guessing that three legs of the trip (operated by British Airways) may be the problem. Leaves me in a difficult situation though as I can't book hotels, shows etc until I have a confired flight!
Any advice / info you could give would be much appreciated.

-----

Moderator Note: Due to the number of questions we've had this year on this subject, I've gone ahead and merged all threads started on this topic from 2012. This may result in some interleaved posts.

~Microwave, AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator

Swanhunter May 27, 2012 2:38 am

Call AA. They need to ticket the booking.

obscure2k May 27, 2012 9:18 am

Welcome to Flyertalk, Johnybegud. Please follow this thread in the AA Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

clacko May 27, 2012 10:11 am

the confirm from the other carriers hasn't been received....

Often1 May 27, 2012 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Johnybegud (Post 18648482)
Hi, hope this is posted in the correct area.
I have, two days ago, tried to complete a complicated booking with AA - from Kuwait to UK, USA, Caribbean, USA, UK and back to Kuwait. All flights are showing on my itinerary but on an 'on request' basis. My credit card has not been charged.
Can anyone please advise what this means and how I can change to a confirmed basis and get tickets issued? I am guessing that three legs of the trip (operated by British Airways) may be the problem. Leaves me in a difficult situation though as I can't book hotels, shows etc until I have a confired flight!
Any advice / info you could give would be much appreciated.

Non-AA carriers have 72 hours to confirm. Non-USA air carriers often take every minute of that time. AA can't ticket until it receives confirmations. Calendar this for 73 hours and call AA at that time if the segments are not all cleared.

AA_EXP09 May 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Are any of the segments waitlisted (LL)?

Johnybegud May 28, 2012 1:53 am

American Airlines 'on request' - what is this?

Thanks everyone. 72 hrs not up yet (tomorrow) so will then check. None of the flights are wait listed.

miles4sheli Jul 5, 2012 8:26 am

Showing both "on hold" & "on request"

Hi,
I have a First MileSaaver Award from AMS-JFK award "On Hold" for a few days. This shows clearly when I click on my reservation details. However, if I click on My Reservations from the dropdown Reservations bar, the summary shows "On Request." I called AA about this and they said it is indeed "On Hold". After reading several Threads, I assume this is normal, I just want to make sure the first leg with BA is indeed "on hold." There shouldn't be any problems with this booking, correct?

dmdflyer Jul 5, 2012 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Johnybegud (Post 18648482)
My credit card has not been charged.
Can anyone please advise what this means and how I can change to a confirmed basis and get tickets issued?

"On request" means that your international credit card is undergoing verification.

AA_EXP09 Jul 5, 2012 10:23 pm

Status =HK
No ticket #

Stripe Jul 6, 2012 8:08 am

I had an "On Request" status on a reservation I recently purchased, and I couldn't view any of the segments. Called and found out BA wouldn't confirm one of the segments. Agent re-requested it and got it. He then needed to reassemble the ticketing info, get my CC again, redo seat assignments, etc. At that point I could see the segments and it was eventually ticketed just fine. Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't called.

Two days later the same thing showed up on the same reservation ("On Request" and no segments visible). This time it was due to an AA schedule change. Nothing significant. Just a few minutes on several flights. Agent applied the schedule change, segments now visible, and a new ticket issued shortly thereafter. He said if I hadn't called it would have stayed in that On Request status until 30 days prior to departure. At that point the schedule presumably would have settled and they would have reticketed it.

In both cases the reservation looked fine in the AA iPhone app. I had to view it on aa.com to see the problem.

Lesson learned: periodically check your reservations online and call right away if anything looks funny.

miles4sheli Jul 10, 2012 6:22 am

update - all is well

[QUOTE=miles4sheli;18874246]Hi,
I have a First MileSaaver Award from AMS-JFK award "On Hold" for a few days. This shows clearly when I click on my reservation details. However, if I click on My Reservations from the dropdown Reservations bar, the summary shows "On Request." QUOTE]

Just wanted to give an update on this for those who may be experiencing the same issue. After I made the purchase, my reservation itself went from "On Hold" to "On Request," but within an hour it went to "Ticketed". There were a couple of glitches when I went to purchase: 1) even though I had selected my seats when I held the reservation, it did not show up on the purchase page. The seats I held DID reappear on my reservation once I completed the purchase. 2) For whatever reason, the system wouldn't allow me to submit passport/contact info. This has happened in the past, and I'm usually able to do it in a few hours. 3) Once the purchase was complete, the screen didn't look 'normal' like it does when I purchase an all-AA ticket (1st leg from AMS-LHR is with BA) - there was no actual confirmation of my credit card receipt, mileage deduction, etc., except for a little message line about being sent a receipt in the future once my reservation from "Purchased" to "Ticketed."

In the end, it all worked out. While my ticket was On Hold, I did call AA & doublecheck. The agent told me "On Request" in my case was due to the BA first leg and that it would be fine. It was!

darrellba Aug 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Question from a newbie - "On Request" status

Hey everyone!

Not had a great deal of luck finding answers to my question so thought I would try asking here :)

Ok, I recently used some of my Aadvantage points to book a flight from LAX to HNL which is being operated by Hawaiian Airlines. I booked this flight about 3 days ago, and the flight is scheduled for 9th December 2012. A day or so after booking this flight I had not received any kind of email confirmation/ticket so decided to log into my account and take a look. Strangely, my account says that "You do not currently have any reservations". If I search using the record locator then I can bring up the flight itinerary, but its status says "On Request" and has done so for the last 3 days. If I use the record locator to search for the flight on Hawaiian Airlines site, it does bring up the details (passenger info, flight times/number etc) but says there are no tickets attached to this booking.

So, my obvious question is: is all OK with this booking? Should I be worried that the status still says "On Request" and not "Ticketed"? When should I expect the status to change and the tickets to be emailed to me? As part of the booking process I had to pay the fees (£3.20 - I'm in the UK), and that hasn't been taken from my account either.

Hope someone can help me with this!
Many thanks in advance! :)

worldtraveler19 Aug 20, 2012 12:49 pm

within 24-48 hrs it should be fine---- this is common when segments are operated by other partners---nothing to worry about...
then it will say ticketed