Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
In the Qantas First lounge enjoying dining at the moment. Very solid experience, especially now when it's dead in here.

Aside from the bar and dining, lounge isn't anything out of the ordinary beyond FL or the OW Business Lounge. Am I missing something or are dining and the bar the distinguishing factors?
It comes down to "compared to what". At 1:00 pm Saturday, the Qantas lounge was heaven. Quiet, serene and fantastic service. No wait for a shower. In the restaurant, the service is prompt and professional. This visit, I tried the mushroom salad with fried shallots over romaine leaves.....instant favorite before the salt & pepper squid. Both servers provided seamless service, even when one took a break. Upon leaving, the server called me by name and said "hope to see you soon".

When you have access to this lounge, you don't care about the drama occurring over at T4.
Zacnlinc, phxbarcelona and dciolli like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jcatman
It comes down to "compared to what". At 1:00 pm Saturday, the Qantas lounge was heaven. Quiet, serene and fantastic service. No wait for a shower. In the restaurant, the service is prompt and professional. This visit, I tried the mushroom salad with fried shallots over romaine leaves.....instant favorite before the salt & pepper squid. Both servers provided seamless service, even when one took a break. Upon leaving, the server called me by name and said "hope to see you soon".

When you have access to this lounge, you don't care about the drama occurring over at T4.

Love this lounge so much. Just booked flight PHX to SIN and made sure one leg routed back through LAX so I could visit this lounge. I am not sure if my 3.5 hour layover is long enough! Having been twice in the old days when an ExPlat/OE in J on LAX-MIA could get access, I was hooked from the first time I came by. On my last two transcons, I was not able to get in since they now limit to F for the JFK/MIA flights. Can't wait to return.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:35 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jcatman
I
Heading there tomorrow on the way to PEK (and then onto the hinterlands...). Coming in at Eagles Nest and have about 1:50 between flights, So, this won;t be spacious time-wise, but certainly doable.

Cheers.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
The bartenders at QF F have always been great too. Miss JD who left earlier in the year but Joey is great and always good to chat with.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I visited a second time on my way back and the service was consistently good again, it's a much welcome change of environment to the ancient looking T4. Next time flying transcon F however, I will have to try the (by then open) T4 AA Flagship Dining service which I thought was excellent at JFK. If in business/J as a OW Emerald however, I would choose Qantas TBIT over the main Flagship lounge area, that's assuming the new LAX one gets anywhere near as crowded as that in JFK.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:19 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
I've heard rumors that the TBIT OW lounges deny access to you if you've visited the another lounge at the airport with your boarding pass-is this true?
Case in point: I'm travelling LAX-HKG next month in J on CX. I'm traveling with four other companions (all seated in J) who don't have status on AA or any other OW carrier. Would we be allowed to visit the Flagship lounge in T4 and then visit the OW J lounge in TBIT?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by CLT
I've heard rumors that the TBIT OW lounges deny access to you if you've visited the another lounge at the airport with your boarding pass-is this true?
Case in point: I'm travelling LAX-HKG next month in J on CX. I'm traveling with four other companions (all seated in J) who don't have status on AA or any other OW carrier. Would we be allowed to visit the Flagship lounge in T4 and then visit the OW J lounge in TBIT?
Not that I know of. I've done AC or FL to QF F and v.v. many times with no problem. I have no idea how they'd know you visited an AA lounge given the OW lounges are QF managed

I think I've heard once or twice in the past that issue being between J and F OW lounges in TBIT (both operated by Qantas) but this is NOT policy. This might be a consideration for others to weigh in on (I've only ever gone to QF F and usuaully hit up the FL or previous IFC after QF) but there's no way you're going to have trouble going to both the FL and one of the OW lounges on the same trip
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:51 pm

Traveling HKG-LAX in CX F connecting to LAX-SLC in AS F. What is the best lounge at LAX to get a shower and get some food? I also have Priority Pass.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by michael_v
Traveling HKG-LAX in CX F connecting to LAX-SLC in AS F. What is the best lounge at LAX to get a shower and get some food? I also have Priority Pass.
Travelling AS out of LAX, you won't have access to any *O lounge at TBIT.

If you had been flying AA to SLC then you could have used the Qantas First Lounge because of your inbound First class flight on CX.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Travelling AS out of LAX, you won't have access to any *O lounge at TBIT.

If you had been flying AA to SLC then you could have used the Qantas First Lounge because of your inbound First class flight on CX.
Thanks. So what is the best lounge for me at LAX then?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
You can go to the Korean Air Lounge for a shower, some Ramen and finger sandwiches.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Get the shower in the KE lounge, head over to T6 and use the AS lounge after that (you'll have full access to the AS lounge because you're in paid or award F, assuming this is paid or award CX F).

I specifically did NOT take CX/AS, instead taking AA/AA on a recent AS award because this let me into LAX Flagship F dining...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:48 pm

Thanks guys!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:38 pm

Thanks guys!
I would at least TRY to get AA T4 FL access, as some have reported leniency upon OW premium arrivals. Showers and decent food.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by pmblinn
I would at least TRY to get AA T4 FL access, as some have reported leniency upon OW premium arrivals. Showers and decent food.
Since CX is on Amadeus and AA is on Sabre, will AA T4 FL even see my AS flight if I hand them over the arriving CX flight boarding pass?

The bad part is that AS is also on Sabre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.