Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
Just making sure I read the following few posts correctly. Are folks saying that the International First QF TBIT lounge doesn't allow you in after arriving on an International First AA metal flight (e.g., LHR, HKG) and connecting to an AA flight? I'm just confused because I was allowed in the QF First lounge after arriving on a flight from Sydney prior to the new AA FL opened. Did this change recently?
Just read through the Wiki's Ready Reckoner until you find a line that matches your itinerary. If no line matches then no access:
Originally Posted by Ready Reckoner
For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  • Non AAdvantage Emerald travelling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  • AAdvantage Executive Platinum travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • First Class passengers travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • Passengers in First on a flight longer than five hours connectingァ to/from a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • First Class passengers travelling on an American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York or Los Angeles & Miami.

* A "North American* Itinerary" is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
ァ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by jcatman
They just changed the menu... New starters. New salads...
Is the Thai salad still there? I hope so!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I was in the QF lounge last night and it was packed. Seemed to be quite a few families (Australian summer holidays?).
For the first time, staff were actually proactive in all areas. Normally they ignore the non good area and chat in the background to one another.

Usual salt & pepper squid with a different dish for the aioli and chili dips.
Pappardelle (pasta) was OK. Shockingly for me, the kale was the best part although the mascapone sauce may have been the deciding factor.
Desserts are usual were OK. Nothing to write home about.

Tried the new Flagship lounge in T4 and not that impressed. The JFK one is a lot better in my opinion.
It doesn't seem that well designed to be honest. Bit of a maze in there and having a hidden quiet area next to the Flagship dining bit seems weird (unless its for first class passengers after dining?).
Food wise, nothing special.
Pho station was OK - not a patch on the real Asian prepared dishes but different and the staff member seemed happy with it.
Lack of power points in the dining area.

Business lounge in the TBIT was its usual self. Not too full when I went and pleasant enough food offerings.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
The Wiki and Qantas website both show the QF F Lounge opens at 6:30am. Does anyone have experience with getting there right when they open? Has anyone seen it opened before 6:30am? We are flying LAX-MIA at 7:45am on Saturday and want to grab breakfast at the lounge before heading to our gate. Seems like it may be tight if we get in at 6:30am.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by dciolli
The Wiki and Qantas website both show the QF F Lounge opens at 6:30am. Does anyone have experience with getting there right when they open? Has anyone seen it opened before 6:30am? We are flying LAX-MIA at 7:45am on Saturday and want to grab breakfast at the lounge before heading to our gate. Seems like it may be tight if we get in at 6:30am.
If you got there right at 6:30am, you'd be finished with your meal by 7:00am, no problem. The service and food preparation are normally prompt and efficient.

Keep in mind that American begins boarding planes early now, so if access to overhead bin space is crucial, you need to be at the gate early. Lots of Y customers actively use F bins early in the boarding process with no intervention by flight attendants.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dciolli
They open pretty much promptly at 6:30 AM sharp.. But the issue I see is that according to your profile you are an AA EXP, and unless you have a qualifying Int'l (or 3 class transcon,) flight on the same day, you're not entitled to access on a LAX-MIA only flight. If your partner is a non-AA OWE, then you're good to go again.
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Last March when disembarking from BNE at 6:05am, no Checked luggage, using the TBIT transit security and connector, I had to wait 15 minutes outside the door until it opened at 0630am sharp.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
They open pretty much promptly at 6:30 AM sharp.. But the issue I see is that according to your profile you are an AA EXP, and unless you have a qualifying Int'l (or 3 class transcon,) flight on the same day, you're not entitled to access on a LAX-MIA only flight. If your partner is a non-AA OWE, then you're good to go again.
Thanks everyone for your feedback! Our full itinerary on Saturday is LAX-MIA-EZE, so we should be able to get in as an EXP.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If you are in J in LAX-MIA, you still have access to the One World business lounge in TBIT, even though there are no 3 class planes on the route. Clearly stated in the one world lounge access page for entry based on cabin.

Also confirmed personally on 2/22
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:51 am

LAX QF F-lounge access for OWE on AA/American Eagle

I will be flying from LAX to SFO with a AA ticket. OWE should have access on OW flights. But is the following considered a OW flight in that regard?

American AA 6016
Plane and crew by Compass Airlines as American Eagle
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:44 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Through which airline do you hold status?

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...unge/global/en

Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#~

# A oneworld marketed flight refers to a flight with a oneworld flight number, eg QF1 or AA222. A oneworld operated flight refers to the actual aircraft or 'metal' on which you fly, eg Finnair aircraft.

~ AAdvantage Executive Platinum and Platinum members regardless of Emerald or Sapphire status are not eligible for lounge access when travelling on American Airlines operated flights solely within the United States or between the United States and the Caribbean, Canada, or Mexico (except Mexico City).
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:51 am

Ah yes, should have mentioned that it痴 neither AA nor QF (not trying to keep it a secret, it痴 QR, but shouldn't really matter).
So is American Eagle OW metal? I know that OW membership doesn't extend to subsidiary airlines, but I thought it痴 different for those subsidiaries that don稚 operate a business on their own.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, that's fine for entry to either the AA Club or Qantas lounge, it is effectively a oneworld service. Many of AA's shorter flights are contracted to various companies, but it's nearly invisible. It can be confusing but the best way I can think of to describe this is that if you can't get a ticket on this flight with Compass directly via (e.g.) their website or other sales channel, then it is essentially an AA flight with leased in equipment and crew. Onboard, on the ground, in the lounge there is very little difference from a service fully operated by AA. There is no material difference between AA, AA Eagle and the many companies that operate for them domestically, at least to the average passenger. One thing to note, however, is that the Qantas lounge may be some distance from the gate of the departing flight, particularly if it's at the remote terminal. The small AA club in the Regional Terminal may be a better option in that once you finally get there you may be able to relax. If it's Terminal 5 then this argument is weaker but there is an AA club there too.

Since this is a rules based enquiry particular to the AA Eagle operation (and specifically LAX) I'm moving this thread over to the good people of the AA forum who will perhaps also share their thoughts.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Seems like you should have access to the QF lounge. That being said, while the lounge is convenient for international flights, its not particularly convenient for the remote terminal used by American Eagle. Not sure if you're arriving or departing but the QF Lounge is in Tom Bradley International Terminal, aka TBIT. To from the QF Lounge to the remote terminal, you'll take the walkway to terminal 4, go halfway down terminal 4, take the escalator down, and get the shuttle bus to the remote terminal. Normally, that's a 20 minute process.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
You'll be leaving from the Eagle's Nest (remote terminal). If you have the time, get to LAX early, walk over to the Qantas lounge (about ten minutes) and enjoy a great meal and attentive service. Then, schlepp back over to Terminal 4 and catch the shuttle to the remote terminal. You should be stepping onto that shuttle 45 minutes before your scheduled departure time; 60 minutes before if overhead bin space is important.

The AC lounge at the Eagle's Nest is convenient, but I've found it difficult to truly "relax" in there.
E55 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.