Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Unless there is a good reason to book a code share, then I would always recommend booking on the operating carrier...
I remember once trying to go one further and book a flight where the operating carrier, the marketing carrier and the ticket issuing carrier were all different, simply because this is all aa.com offered me. (If I recall, it was a CX flight number on JL metal and I was booking on aa.com because it was one segment of a predominantly AA trip.) However, although aa.com showed it as the only option it kept falling over when trying to book on-line. When I called they were able to book the same flight at the same fare but with an AA flight number that hadn't appeared in the on-line search.

I'm not sure if trying to book something like this is always doomed to failure or if this was a one-off, but I remember thinking at the time that I was tempting fate with such a convoluted combination.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:52 am

Received an email from AA Web services overnight to say that an issue has been encountered with my reservation and to call at my earliest convenience. Will be calling after work tonight. Hope its something easily sorted.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Is it possible that the name you entered into the reservation is different than the name on say your AA account? My corporate travel desk occasionally adds my suffix at the end of my last name ("III"). By doing so, my reservation does not pop up automatically, and once in a while I have to call the EXP desk to fix the record.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC
"On request" status

Hello all, I just thought I would share a recent experience regarding the "on request status that AA.com gives you between physically inputting your credit card details and the "purchased" stage.

Last week I was buying my usual (RNO-DFW/IAH) flights that I take once a month, but after about a week and not receiving the ticketed email I called AA. They couldn't tell me why it hadn't gone through but also said the couldn't manually push it through which I have read they can/may be able to do on Flyertalk. So... I cancelled it and went to AA.com to rebook.

Booked onto the same flights, slightly higher fare, but only a matter of a few dollars so I was not overly concerned. Again two days later status still "on request". A quick call to AA confirmed that there may be a problem with my credit card. Spoke to my credit card company who advised there were no problems.

Spoke to AA after giving it another day and they "found" the problem. I was using my UK based credit card through the AA.com (USA) web page... They had to cancel my booking as "it would never go through" but they rebooked it over the phone and re charged my card etc. It appears as if their system has been updated (in the last year or so) and that, in their opinion, you need to use the AA.com website of the country of credit card used.

I have, atleast 10 times, used the AA.com webpage/UK credit card succcessfully within the past 7 months with no problems, so not sure why it occurred now. Just a word of warning/advice to those you may face the same issue!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:15 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yeah, we know. Currently active

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...st-status.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ed-cathay.html

(Search term {"request"})

Cheers.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:34 am

^Thanks for the tip, but no, all the name information is correct. I used a UK credit card to pay the fee charge via the UK site so I cant see it being anything to do with my payment either. Looking forward to finding out what's going on!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:32 pm

So I called AA and apparently the miles I used to pay for the flight didn't cover the fees as well and so that's what the issue was (despite providing my card details for the fee payment). Strange how 3 previous calls to them didn't come up with anything like that as a problem! So now I've been given 24-48 hours to receive the confirmation and tickets. The status still says "On Request" at the moment but hopefully it will change to "Purchased" and then "Ticketed" very soon.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Don't rely on the status. Instead, make sure you receive a ticket number.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:47 am

Another "on request" question

I have award travel on hold, including segments on IB. My "view reservations" list on aa.com shows the trip as "on request." Clicking through, it says, "on hold." Phone agent says she doesn't see any problems and hold is confirmed.

I won't be able to ticket until later today or tomorrow. I usually wait until the last day of a hold to ticket, but in light of recent reports of problems, I intend to ticket sooner.

Should I relax or should I try another phone agent?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:58 am

I would relax. I've found that the 'view reservations' page can often be out of date (e.g. showing ticketed when the reservation page shows cancelled, showing on hold when the reservation page shows ticketed, etc).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
2nd vote for relax. I have put on hold domestic, international on AA, and international on AA and partners, and have yet to experience a problem.

Good luck.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:51 am

How long should I give it before worrying?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:56 am

Until you try to purchase and something goes wrong

Last edited by rearview; Sep 5, 2012 at 7:57 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
IB has 72 hours excluding weekends/holidays from the time you purchase to confirm a booking through another carrier, in this case AA. That is the IATA convention. Some carriers take the entire time because they want to see if the seat will sell.

The sooner you confirm your "purchase" the sooner you will have certainty.

This is common and not a worry. The hold up is the hold.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:37 am

The first two responses suggest relaxing. The last two seem to suggest ticketing as soon as possible.

I usually wait until the end of the hold period to ticket, but if I'm likely to have a problem, I'd ticket sooner.

What's the best course of action?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.