Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by bworrell
Has anyone been successful using the lounge upon arrival? I was turned down today (not surprised) on arrival. I just wanted to go to the lounge, plug in, and get a bit of work done before heading out. Just curious.

I ended up using my priority pass to go to the Korean lounge (which isn't my favorite).
Arrival from where? What is your status?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Arrival from where? What is your status?
I didn't want to confuse things with that, as I was flatly told that "we are not an arrival lounge". However, I was on a domestic AA ticket as a foreign oneworld sapphire.

I've used it on AA domestic connections without a problem (well except the TBIT lounge isn't open all the time).
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by bworrell
... However, I was on a domestic AA ticket as a foreign oneworld sapphire. ...
If you had arrived on a oneworld marketed and operated flight of over 5 hours duration and were departing on a oneworld operated and marketed flight then you should have access.

Presumably your "domestic AA ticket" was an AA marketed and AA operated flight.

What was your inbound flight number and from where did it come?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Where exactly are the "food carts" in the OW J lounge? I have been there a number of times and never seen them - just the buffet table
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Where exactly are the "food carts" in the OW J lounge? I have been there a number of times and never seen them - just the buffet table
I'm pretty sure that's the food carts.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
LoungeBuddy says the oneworld J Lounge offers shoeshine and clothes press. Is that accurate?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone have experience accessing the Qantas First lounge as AA EXP/OWE with a domestic red-eye to next morning international connecting flight? I have a red-eye LAX-DFW tonight and international segment out of DFW in the morning. Never have a problem accessing the AA First lounge on itineraries like this but since that's a mess right now thought the Qantas lounge might be worth a try. I suspect they will be a bit more strict about the before 6 AM policy though.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by britz
Anyone have experience accessing the Qantas First lounge as AA EXP/OWE with a domestic red-eye to next morning international connecting flight? I have a red-eye LAX-DFW tonight and international segment out of DFW in the morning. Never have a problem accessing the AA First lounge on itineraries like this but since that's a mess right now thought the Qantas lounge might be worth a try. I suspect they will be a bit more strict about the before 6 AM policy though.
Well if anyone was wondering - it wasn't a problem whatsoever. Not even questioned! Qantas first lounge is delightful so I'm glad
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by britz
Well if anyone was wondering - it wasn't a problem whatsoever. Not even questioned! Qantas first lounge is delightful so I'm glad
It seems that the lounge is correctly educated about the "6AM policy" not applying to status-based access now, haven't had issues.

I would say though, that unfortunately the showers appear to be in significant disrepair now. Last few times I was in there the handles appeared to be broken...
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AA
Exclamation LAX Qantas First Class Lounge Access

Originally Posted by JDiver
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Unfortunately, you, as an Admitals Club member departing on an AA domestic flight, should not have been granted access to this lounge - under oneworld or Admirals Club or Qantas rules.

(oneworld Emeralds or Sapphires other than AA would, however, have access if departing on a one world international or domestic flight.)

I spend hours on the phone and at the lounge Qantas and American Airline try to clarify these rules. There is a lot of confusion going on and AA has advised the First Class Qantas Lounge to not admit anybody that is not on an international flight regardless of class of AA level.

However, based on the OneWorld rules (see attached) if you hold a first class ticket and you fly JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) you are eligible for lounge access.

Thanks
Ralph

oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers
Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
  • Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.
  • First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
  • Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
    • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
    • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
    • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
The following exceptions apply:
  1. First and Business Class customers who do not hold Emerald or Sapphire tier status are not eligible to access American Airlines lounges when travelling on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean; customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
  2. Guests are not permitted at Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha or Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by Ralle
I spend hours on the phone and at the lounge Qantas and American Airline try to clarify these rules. There is a lot of confusion going on and AA has advised the First Class Qantas Lounge to not admit anybody that is not on an international flight regardless of class of AA level.
What are you saying?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Well I tried to get to the oW lounge with a 2:25 connection.

AA72 arrived a bit early at the gate but it took 10 minutes before we started deplaning.

Then it took forever for baggage, 30-40 minutes after arriving at baggage claim before the carousel even started turning.

By the time I got out of there, it was almost 7 AM or about an hour after AA72 touched down.

I wasn't even sure where I was but figured out it was level 1 or ground level of TBIT so I took an elevator up to level 3. By the time I got to where they check your boarding passes before the escalators, it was 7 AM and my connecting flight to SJC was scheduled to board at 7:52. The person advised me I wouldn't make it to Terminal 6 gate 60A.

I went up anyways and saw about 10-15 people in queue at security. I turned around because I realized if I had to go to security again at T6, it would be cutting it too close.

So I walked to T6, which was a good hike. Long queue at security. Just had enough time to get a coffee at Alaska Boardroom with my PP pass (Chase Sapphire Reserve card).

I guess if I didn't have to go through security twice, I might have been able to sit for 20 minutes at the oW lounge.

Oh well, I used up most of my AA miles on this trip and since AA award availability has become poor in the last couple of months, I likely won't try to accumulate miles (churn Citi cards).
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Ralle

However, based on the OneWorld rules (see attached) if you hold a first class ticket and you fly JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) you are eligible for lounge access.

Thanks
Ralph
For what it's worth, I had a nice breakfast at the Qantas lounge on a domestic LAX-MIA F ticket last month. No international connections, no hassle.

Originally Posted by wco81
Well I tried to get to the oW lounge with a 2:25 connection.

AA72 arrived a bit early at the gate but it took 10 minutes before we started deplaning.

Then it took forever for baggage, 30-40 minutes after arriving at baggage claim before the carousel even started turning.

By the time I got out of there, it was almost 7 AM or about an hour after AA72 touched down.

I wasn't even sure where I was but figured out it was level 1 or ground level of TBIT so I took an elevator up to level 3. By the time I got to where they check your boarding passes before the escalators, it was 7 AM and my connecting flight to SJC was scheduled to board at 7:52. The person advised me I wouldn't make it to Terminal 6 gate 60A.

I went up anyways and saw about 10-15 people in queue at security. I turned around because I realized if I had to go to security again at T6, it would be cutting it too close.

So I walked to T6, which was a good hike. Long queue at security. Just had enough time to get a coffee at Alaska Boardroom with my PP pass (Chase Sapphire Reserve card).

I guess if I didn't have to go through security twice, I might have been able to sit for 20 minutes at the oW lounge.

Oh well, I used up most of my AA miles on this trip and since AA award availability has become poor in the last couple of months, I likely won't try to accumulate miles (churn Citi cards).
I'm struggling to figure out what this post has to do with the OW lounge
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You would not have had to go through security again. You wasted a lot of time. Go through security at TBIT, take the bridge to T4 and walk to T6. All behind security.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I wasn't even sure where I was but figured out it was level 1 or ground level of TBIT so I took an elevator up to level 3. By the time I got to where they check your boarding passes before the escalators, it was 7 AM and my connecting flight to SJC was scheduled to board at 7:52....
That was your mistake - you were on the arrivals (lower) level.

As you had been advised (although it can be hard to think after a transpacific flight), upon entering landside after bag drop, you simply needed to turn right immediately,stay inside and head down the hall way to the TBIT transit security - it would have taken 5 minutes at most - you would have come out adjacent to the Qantas first lounge entry.

Originally Posted by ralphs
I'm struggling to figure out what this post has to do with the OW lounge
The OP was hoping to use one of the TBIT lounges but as above went the wrong way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.