Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:25 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I purchase CX tickets often through AA and when you ticket them they show purchased or on request. Both of these statements make me a little crazy. You shouldn't have to watch things this carefully. Two weeks ago I bought a ticket that showed purchased in my reservations but on request when I pulled up that reservation. I watched it every day for 5 days until I saw it ticketed. This ticket is for end of November so I wasn't that worried but it should not be up to the passenger to follow up like this. At some point it is a contract and the airline as a party to the contract should take responsibility.

Those who say " but you don't have a ticket number" are correct but they are a tiny percentage of the traveling public.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:22 pm
Suspended

And the world should be perfect, too. But crap happens. Better to protect yourself than fight a frustrating and losing battle after things go wrong.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:48 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
If you're EXP, call and book to get near-immediate ticketing.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by abk

Those who say " but you don't have a ticket number" are correct but they are a tiny percentage of the traveling public.
I would also suggest that it is a small number of people that would go to aa.com to book a cathay pacific flight rather than go to cathay pacific's website where the issue would not occur
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would also suggest that it is a small number of people that would go to aa.com to book a cathay pacific flight rather than go to cathay pacific's website where the issue would not occur
Some people go to the AA website to be able to book the codeshare for 100% EQMs and RDMs.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:55 am

Thanks for all the responses. I guess the only thing I can really do now is leave it til the end of the week and if nothing has changed then I'll have to give them another call. I know the flight isn't until December but its still making me anxious! I've booked a fair few flights this year and had etickets and confirmation emails practically instantaneously. I'm assuming nothing is wrong at the Hawaiian Airlines end as the booking does show up there (still without the ticket numbers obviously), so hopefully its just a case of AA being slow with their ticketing process.
Even so, I won't be able to rest until I've got some confirmation! Anything else you guys think I should do?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Some people go to the AA website to be able to book the codeshare for 100% EQMs and RDMs.
... of course, but these are not usually uninformed and inexperienced travellers.

This is one of those areas where a good travel agent would take care of this stuff for you, but it seems these days nobody wants to pay for that sort of service.

If you don't want to pay for the complex stuff to be done for you then it is a good idea to learn where the pit-falls are to be found rather than looking for someone else to blame when it all goes wrong ...
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:28 am
Suspended

A reservation is not a ticket. HA will not let you board without the ticket, regardless of whether you have a reservation. The ticket is how HA gets paid.

Not sure why you're content with waiting until the end of the week to contact AA. I wouldn't. If there's a problem with getting your itinerary ticketed, every day that passes potentially reduces your options to book an alternative.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:24 am

^I was just going along with what britenbsas suggested a couple of posts up. He said he had a similar situation with AA not ticketing for a few days after booking. I have called them and they said they'll push it through for ticketing (but even that was a couple of days ago now)
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by Mark_T
This is one of those areas where a good travel agent would take care of this stuff for you, but it seems these days nobody wants to pay for that sort of service.
I wouldn't be so sure. I've only had two ticketing screw-ups in the last few years and both involved a corporate travel agency. In the first case they just didn't bother to pay AA for a TATL ticket and I had to pay at check-in. In the other they for no reason canceled a PEK->PVG codeshare that was the first segment of a return leg, and I didn't find out until a few hours before the flight when I called AA to request an upgrade on the TPAC segment.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dmsdfw
I wouldn't be so sure. I've only had two ticketing screw-ups in the last few years and both involved a corporate travel agency.
I did say 'a good travel agent'
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
No one should relax until they've actually received a ticket number. "On request" means less than nothing.
Since it sounds like OP followed up with AA several times, this particular tactic to blame the victim doesn't seem to apply, so I'm not sure why you brought it up.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by carlosdca
The OP's post didn't suggest to me that he was trying to book AA but that he was trying to book CX which , I would suggest, would be much better served on cx's site
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by jordyn
Since it sounds like OP followed up with AA several times, this particular tactic to blame the victim doesn't seem to apply...
I didn't read it as "blame the victim". Seemed more like good advice...!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by wolf539
I didn't read it as "blame the victim". Seemed more like good advice...!
So, "Dear OP, here's some advice: do what you already did?"

Sure, it's reasonable to follow up on these things, but AA's got to bear some responsibility for not only silently failing to book the ticket, but then telling them that everything was okay when, in reality, it was not at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.