Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Well, it's all moot now. It just now got ticket. I have not only a PNR, but ticket numbers for each ticket. Both start "001". I'm all set.

(it's fun to see the taxes MUCH higher than the base fare).
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:37 am

Should the Moderator Guidepost at the top of this thread be updated to include

"Ticket Pending (previously Purchased) - The itinerary has been purchased and is awaiting ticketing, which usually requires no more than 1-2 hours. The Print button will print the Reservation Details webpage. (Prior to 2012, the Print button opened a popup window with a formatted summary of reservation details.)"

If not, should http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...purchased.html be updated?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:24 am

I found this thread useful over the last few days and perhaps my experience may be helpful or give some reassurance to others stuck in limbo known as 'on request'.

I booked some flights for my family three days ago at the start of the AA summer sale. I booked a multi city transatlantic booking with three fights in each segment with some codeshare flights with BA. I got a really good price and was pleased with the itinerary.

After booking and supplying card details, I did not receive a confirmation email. I used the booking reference number and found that my flights were 'on request' there was no movement on this status despite calling AA twice, both times I was assured there was no problem and I would be ticketed soon.

Because I got the flights for a good price, approx 25% cheaper than at any time in the previous 8 weeks, I feared there may have been an issue with the code share partner over the price and ultimately the booking would not be honoured, however today, 72 hours after I made the booking, I finally got ticketed. I just wish AA could have provided a better update on the ticketing process, rather than the customer having to search around the internet trying to discover what was going on.

Anyway, it was a learning experience and as they say 'every day is a school day'
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have any idea at what point one should contact AA to jog things along? I have ticket 'On Request' with Qantas but booked via AA.com as an award fare. It was placed 'On Request' a week ago now and there has been no progress. The flight isn't until April. How long should I wait before contacting AA?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:33 am
Suspended

You should have already called AA to check on it.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Austinrunner! I called them just now and after 20 minutes on hold the flight is now ticketed .
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: UA PremExec
JAL Award "On Request"

Do most of my flying on Star Alliance, so a little new to this forum. In any case, I booked an award flight through AA with the miles I had -- JAL F ORD-NRT for March 2014. This was yesterday morning. The reservation still indicates "On Request."

This normal? Any reason to be concerned?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:47 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UAkls

This normal?
Apparently.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(Search term {"On Request"}) for the thread on the identical, very common topic.

Cheers.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to the AA forum. Because of the very high volume - 300 to 600 browsing at any moment - we tend to follow the TOS a bit more religiously about making it easier for members to search and find specific topics, as opposed to having many threads for people to try to figure out how to find information.

Some good tools: some key threads (such as this one) have a wikipost with the basic information; the FAQ "sticky" (includes links to internal and external resource pages), our FlyerGuide AA Wiki, and of course Search - an excellent guide to using it can be found here.

Originally Posted by UAkls
Do most of my flying on Star Alliance, so a little new to this forum. In any case, I booked an award flight through AA with the miles I had -- JAL F ORD-NRT for March 2014. This was yesterday morning. The reservation still indicates "On Request."

This normal? Any reason to be concerned?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.6 MM
I had a problem same route/class this month. I would call tomorrow and check based on my experience!
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver
Unhappy Ticket 'on request' needs verification

My fiance and I booked our flights for our honeymoon last night on AA travelling ABZ - LCY - LGW - CUN - CUN - MMH - LAS - LHR - LHR - ABZ. The mikles came out of my account but my ticket was 'on reuqest' - the miles didn't come out of his account but his ticket was also 'on request'.

I called American twice today (Gold Desk) to be told by both attendants that everything was fine with the reservation. I then called again (I am nervous and I am out of the country for 3 months next week so want to get this sorted before I leave) to be told they had no CC info. I then called the UK number and gave them my card info for both myself and my fiance's flights.

They ticketed me instantly but told me that my fiance's reservation needed verification and that this would be ticketed in about 10 minutes. An hour went past and this didnt happen so I called again to be now told that it was in a queue and would be ticketed once verification had gone through. The attendant could not tell me what the verification process entailed, why his reservation had to be verified and mine didn't and why mine could happen instantly and his couldn't. She was very condensending (first time I've had an agent at AA like this) and she didn't listen to me at all when I was asking if she could let me know how long the queue was and an estimated time for this to happen.

Any ideas whats going on and when an approx time. The flights across to MMH are Busness/First and going home are Economy. I know that the CUN flight was with BA if that helps anything but I have no idea why mine can go straight through and his can't when we both fly with them all the time I have another 4 trips before the year is out and we both go away together with them in 3 weeks.

Any help most appreciated!
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
You're smart to make sure the status goes to Ticketed, but I think you're jumping the gun with less than a day gone by. I've had issues getting past "on request" for international flights due to needing more passenger info, upgrade requests they need a CC # for, or info for an infant-on-lap. But I doubt you have any of those issues, so you should be fine. If not, just call AA via Skype or email your question if this drags out past a few days.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. If any of your segments are on other carriers, those carriers have up to 72 hours to confirm that they will actually sell the space. To do that faster requires AA to message/call the liaison at the other carrier to get immediate confirmation.

2. Complex itineraries also go to a rate desk (so-called). These are employees specifically trained in applying fare rules across carriers. Someone needs to actually scan the itinerary to make certain that it works. If it's AA only, this is less rigorous because if these is an error, AA can always just waive whatever requirement needs waiving. But, if there are segments on other carriers, those carriers don't need to waive anything and have no particular reason to help another carrier's customer.

You are doing the right thing. Make sure that you have an actual e-ticket confirmation showing e-ticket numbers (not simply a PNR) which covers every segment of the itinerary. If there are other carriers, obtain the other carrier's PNR from AA and then see that you show as confirmed on those segments with the other carrier. If you are, you have done all you can. If you are not, go back to AA and get it fixed, with a 3-way call if need be.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver
Thanks for replying guys.

Our worry is that we think there might only be on seat left for the award on the CUN flight and we have both booked and paid. I'm worried that I'm ticketed and they are going to come back say we can't ticket as there isn't another award seat. Even though it let us book it and there are payable seats left in business. Is that something that could happen?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A partner booking really isn't that speculative. If the 'rate desk' finds that your award meets routing (and the other award) rules, it will be ticketed. If a rule has been violated (say, you're trying to use a partner carrier of a partner carrier), it's my experience AA will call quickly to discuss alternatives.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.