Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Clarification?

Originally Posted by DMPHL
LAX-MIA I get...I'm talking about being denied access for LAX-JFK.
multiple posts on this are confusing. Regardless of OWE status is access to the QF first lounge currently allowed for AA F on 3 class LAX-JFK?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels

multiple posts on this are confusing. Regardless of OWE status is access to the QF first lounge currently allowed for AA F on 3 class LAX-JFK?
Yes ... it is a class of service based access, status is irrelevant.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by serfty
Yes ... it is a class of service based access, status is irrelevant.
Thats what I mean, are passengers in F on the AA LAX-JFK currently being allows Qantas First lounge access?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels

Thats what I mean, are passengers in F on the AA LAX-JFK currently being allows Qantas First lounge access?
Going by some recent posts, sometimes not; I guess due to "capacity" (reading between the lines).

I would suggest that outside the hours of 7pm-10pm there would be no "capacity" issue.

FWIW, my procedure these days is to shower and eat in the QF cafeteria then proceed to FL to await my flight, even if on QF.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
QF lounge when flying JAL LAX-NRT

Flying in J on JAL. I'm Exec Plat One world Sapphire. Does anyone know if I can go into the Quantas FC lounge at TBIT?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tomj888
Flying in J on JAL. I'm Exec Plat One world Sapphire. Does anyone know if I can go into the Quantas FC lounge at TBIT?
Quantas Lounge, no.

On the other hand, you should be able to get into the Qantas Lounge... at least in theory although YMMV apparently based on the lounge dragon, time of day and occupancy.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
A little confused. Are you an AA EXP (thus a OW Emerald, not Sapphire)? If so, yes, you will be able to access the Qantas F Lounge at TBIT prior to your JAL flight, regardless of your class of service on that flight.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:45 pm

Yes, I"m sorry, my bad. I am Emerald. For some reason, I thought Sapphire trumped Emerald.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
If you're an American Airlines Executive Platinum, you're OneWorld Emerald, not Sapphire.

The website states that the QANTAS first class lounge is for those flying First Class or are Emeralds. So, in theory you should be able to access on the basis of status
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:51 pm

Yes, I"m sorry, my bad. I am Emerald. For some reason, I thought Sapphire trumped Emerald.
Only in the case of Bombay Sapphire.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be clear, an AAdvantage Executive Platinum flying internationally to Japan on a oneworld airline (JL) has access rights to the Qantas first lounge at TBIT (capacity permitting) before the flight. They also have access to the AA Flagship Lounge at T4 as well as the Admirals Clubs in T4, T5 & Eagles Nest.

This is oneworld Emerald status based access (and the AAdvantage "International" journey caveat).

Last edited by serfty; Jul 16, 2018 at 3:19 pm
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:39 pm

Can anyone tell me their impression of the Flagship lounge in T4 vs Quantas FC lounge in TBIT? Which would you go to?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:58 pm

Can anyone tell me their impression of the Flagship lounge in T4 vs Quantas FC lounge in TBIT? Which would you go to?
QF fc lounge. The restaurant is incredible. Some of the best food you'll eat in an airport. Flagship lounge is decent, but not nearly as nice.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I go to TBIT for shower/food then T4 for self pour drinks ...
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by serfty
I go to TBIT for shower/food then T4 for self pour drinks ...
You like the QF showers? I have found them pretty underwhelming and always preferred the AA showers. I havent used the new setup at the Flagship lounge though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.