Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
YUL connection not relevant. If you were in A class (as an upgrade) LAX to JFK then access should have been granted.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
YUL connection not relevant. If you were in A class (as an upgrade) LAX to JFK then access should have been granted.

That's always been my understanding reading here. Is there any official documentation that clearly states this, to have in case I'm harassed again?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the oneworld rules themselves.

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

To paraphrase, no Class of service based access for solely "North American" itineraries unless flying between LAX &JFK, JFK & SFO or LAX & MIA.

The only unclear point is that AA's definition of "First" for most domestic flights books into "Business" fare buckets.

There is full clarity however with a booking in "A" class. That is most definitely First Class, both for AA and for QF (who run the lounge).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
Yes, the oneworld rules themselves.

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

To paraphrase, no Class of service based access for solely "North American" itineraries unless flying between LAX &JFK, JFK & SFO or LAX & MIA.

The only unclear point is that AA's definition of "First" for most domestic flights books into "Business" fare buckets.

There is full clarity however with a booking in "A" class. That is most definitely First Class, both for AA and for QF (who run the lounge).

Thanks, I see that now, had to look in the exclusions, closely, to see.

If I'm booking business class(discounted non-refundable) and upgrade using AA miles to first then I am in "A", correct?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I am not on this part of FT much. I have just realised my JFK-LAX tomorrow evening now lands at LAX 1am in T5 instead of T4. This means I now have to change terminals to get my 8.20am flight to HNL from T4 which isn't an issue - I have a lot of time.

I was planning to hang around airside at T4 until the lounge opened at 4.45am but I am seeing that all lounges in T4 are closed and there is just the one in T5 - would I be ok to hang around airside between 1am and 4.45am in T5, at 4.45am enter the lounge to have a shower and breakfast and then head to T4 at 7am to wait for my HNL flight? Or will I be refused because of different terminal, told to wait in T4 or will I have to go landside when I get off my JFK flight? I am OWS/BA Silver and arriving/departing flights all on AA
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by nh1980
Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I am not on this part of FT much. I have just realised my JFK-LAX tomorrow evening now lands at LAX 1am in T5 instead of T4. This means I now have to change terminals to get my 8.20am flight to HNL from T4 which isn't an issue - I have a lot of time.

I was planning to hang around airside at T4 until the lounge opened at 4.45am but I am seeing that all lounges in T4 are closed and there is just the one in T5 - would I be ok to hang around airside between 1am and 4.45am in T5, at 4.45am enter the lounge to have a shower and breakfast and then head to T4 at 7am to wait for my HNL flight? Or will I be refused because of different terminal, told to wait in T4 or will I have to go landside when I get off my JFK flight? I am OWS/BA Silver and arriving/departing flights all on AA
T4 and T5 are connected airside via a tunnel on the arrivals level. It takes me 3-5 to walk between to two. If one is a slow walker, it may take 6-10 minutes.

As reported in this thread, the AC in T4 reopened last week.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
T4 and T5 are connected airside via a tunnel on the arrivals level. It takes me 3-5 to walk between to two. If one is a slow walker, it may take 6-10 minutes.

As reported in this thread, the AC in T4 reopened last week.
Thanks for that and the link! Not the most positive of reviews. Perhaps I might try and get to TBIT and use the Qantas lounge - although my arriving transcon is in F, my onward to HNL is a 2-class so think I will get J lounge access only. Coming back from HNL next week and connecting again at LAX to JFK (in F), I will head straight for TBIT Qantas F
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Thanks for that and the link! Not the most positive of reviews. Perhaps I might try and get to TBIT and use the Qantas lounge - although my arriving transcon is in F, my onward to HNL is a 2-class so think I will get J lounge access only. Coming back from HNL next week and connecting again at LAX to JFK (in F), I will head straight for TBIT Qantas F
If you're connecting from JFK to LAX in F you'll have access to the F lounge
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
The TBIT OW/QF lounges are not 24 hour lounges and are closed by 0100 when you arrive... your HNL flight leaves around when they open.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The TBIT *O lounges open 6:30am on the dot.

If on schedule, the HNL flight is likely to commence boarding by 7:30am.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:14 am

Thanks all, if it really is just a straight 5 min walk between T4-TBIT both ways with no security checks then I might get 30-45mins there before heading back to T4 for a (scheduled) 7.30 boarding
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:42 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Thanks all, if it really is just a straight 5 min walk between T4-TBIT both ways with no security checks...
It is.

Take a look at this map:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
LAX-CTA-South-Tunnel-Map.pdf (892.2 KB, 552 views)
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:37 pm

Thanks for all help, it really was as simple as could be. Admirals opened at 4.45 sharp where I got a shower straightaway and then had a nice breakfast and champagne over in Qantas a little later.

The armchairs outside Gucci in TBIT are nice for relaxing on outside lounge hours btw!
serfty likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
In the Qantas First lounge enjoying dining at the moment. Very solid experience, especially now when it's dead in here.

Aside from the bar and dining, lounge isn't anything out of the ordinary beyond FL or the OW Business Lounge. Am I missing something or are dining and the bar the distinguishing factors?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are not missing anything - when the First lounge opened it was was not even the best lounge at LAX for aesthetics; TBIT and *O international Business lounge are better in that respect. It is only the F&B that set it apart, even that is being challenged.

I call it the TBIT First "Cafeteria".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.