Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:04 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
anyone with recent experience of using the oneworld lounge at TBIT when departing from T4 as an emerald on AA to SFO.

The posts here would suggest that is has been possible, but they are from a few months ago.

Got a 4 hour layover and that seems to long to sit in the flagship lounge for, so fancy a walk around. And have never been to the oneworld lounge.

BTW just was looking for opening times and the oneworld website says the first lounge is a Qantas lounge and the oneworld lounge is the business lounge. Be fun trying to get in!
I wouldn't do it. I had a flight out of TBIT on CX 3 weeks ago. This is a morning flight that departs at 9:40. There were only two other flights; An AA flight to Orlando and QF to JFK. The line started to form at the top of the escalator. The person who checks the boarding pass a the bottom of the escalator had to stop people from going up. This was at 7:30 in the morning.

You'll be spending close to half your time queuing between TBIT and T4.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by JDiver
So does the wiki.
and it is very helpful indeed! Thanks for all the info you share. ^
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by gemini573
I wouldn't do it. I had a flight out of TBIT on CX 3 weeks ago. This is a morning flight that departs at 9:40. There were only two other flights; An AA flight to Orlando and QF to JFK. The line started to form at the top of the escalator. The person who checks the boarding pass a the bottom of the escalator had to stop people from going up. This was at 7:30 in the morning.

You'll be spending close to half your time queuing between TBIT and T4.
thanks for info. that doesn't sound like fun. I have been in TBIT quite a few times but just landside at the bar/restaurant at the top, up one level - used to fly out with VS some years back from another terminal - cant remember now which one they used but there was nothing there apart from a burger king and a pizza place, hence why I used to hang out at TBIT.

Anyway, I seem to recall that the lines to security and airside are easy to see. So if its still the same, Ill make a decision as to whether I should bother or not. Like I say I got 4 and half hours to kill and even for me that's too much booze time in the flagship lounge.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:43 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
thanks for info. that doesn't sound like fun. I have been in TBIT quite a few times but just landside at the bar/restaurant at the top, up one level - used to fly out with VS some years back from another terminal - cant remember now which one they used but there was nothing there apart from a burger king and a pizza place, hence why I used to hang out at TBIT.

Anyway, I seem to recall that the lines to security and airside are easy to see. So if its still the same, Ill make a decision as to whether I should bother or not. Like I say I got 4 and half hours to kill and even for me that's too much booze time in the flagship lounge.
It's changed. Where the bars and restaurants were at, that's now where you go through security. That entire level is devoted for screening and they still can't get it right.

I'll agree with you on the 4 hours in one lounge. The most I could spend is two. I don't care how nice the lounge is. The novelty wears off.

There was one person who posted they had 18 hours to kill and wanted to visit all 6 lounges in HKG. If you have that much time to kill, get a room.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:53 am

It's changed. Where the bars and restaurants were at, that's now where you go through security. That entire level is devoted for screening and they still can't get it right.

I'll agree with you on the 4 hours in one lounge. The most I could spend is two. I don't care how nice the lounge is. The novelty wears off.

There was one person who posted they had 18 hours to kill and wanted to visit all 6 lounges in HKG. If you have that much time to kill, get a room.
that is a big change! I think I went to TBIT around 4-5 years ago or so and had a Guinness up there.. Very nice, but v expensive!

Anyways, least I not the only one who likes airports and lounges, but 18 hours!!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
(the wiki) and it is very helpful indeed! Thanks for all the info you share. ^
I'm not the best informed in this forum; I'll let others rightfully take the credit for that. But I think I'm fairly decent at consolidating and compiling information it for various wikis to make it more easily reachable to members, so I do that. More of a curator and facilitator than boffin; and another moderator, aBroadAbroad, has taught me a lot about wiki use and layout. I hope.

And I'm just one member of the seven AA fora mods; we're all trying to make the AA - US to "new AA" transition as painless as it can be. (I hope we can all seven celebrate that at our annual moderator training at the end of October. )

But any member with knowledge to share can edit the wikis and add if they're signed in and have a minimum of 90 days on FlyerTalk and 90 posts. @:-)
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!

Can we hold off on the judgment and just stick to facts in this thread? Some people outside of Flyertalk would call a lot of people crazy for flying so much but that's not particularly helpful or friendly.

On point: I am flying AA to South America from t4, tried to get into the OW F dba QF F lounge and agent denied me saying I needed to be "connecting internationally" (some AA intl->domestic flights fly from TBIT??) or on a OW flight departing TBIT.

I pressed and asked her to verify with a supervisor and she let me in. Not the greatest way to get in and doesn't help with clarity at all.

I know some OW lounges, e.g. the BA lounge at IAH routinely deny AA fliers because they are departing from a different terminal. And IAH is even worse because there is no other lounge for AA or OW, aside from a contract lounge QR uses for their J pax.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
And a quick update: the lounge dragons change shifts often and the Qantas team that mans the front desk for the evening big influx of Aussie departures confirmed that as long as you fly AA internationally you should have NO problem access the QF/OW TBIT lounge. If you are on a solely AA domestic itinerary you are "strongly encouraged" to use the Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge. Since I was flying to Brazil, they said I was welcome and mentioned the airside bus for Aa/QF departures.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
And a quick update: the lounge dragons change shifts often and the Qantas team that mans the front desk for the evening big influx of Aussie departures confirmed that as long as you fly AA internationally you should have NO problem access the QF/OW TBIT lounge. If you are on a solely AA domestic itinerary you are "strongly encouraged" to use the Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge. Since I was flying to Brazil, they said I was welcome and mentioned the airside bus for Aa/QF departures.
thanks for sharing - looks like I may have a little issue then getting in. I shall be prepared with an extra big smile. Maybe I take them some chocolates!

Ill be there in the morning, so hopefully not too busy with BA and Qantas peeps.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:32 am
formerly gemini573

thanks for sharing - looks like I may have a little issue then getting in. I shall be prepared with an extra big smile. Maybe I take them some chocolates!

Ill be there in the morning, so hopefully not too busy with BA and Qantas peeps.
If it's early morning, you only have to be concerned about QF and CX. Not crowded at that time.

Around 10 or so, that's when you have 2 JL flights, LA, and another CX flight. Shouldn't be too bad.

Evening is where it gets crowded. This is when it's BA/QF/CX show. Most of the flights on A388 and 77W.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:55 pm

I have a 9.40am departure. What is the quality and choice of the breakfast like? Western? Asian? International? Traveling in F.

I'm wondering whether to hit the lounge early, or partake at the hotel.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
From my experience the lounge is still pretty crowded between 8pm-12am due to the 4 QF departures, the 2 CX departures, and i think theres a LAN departure in there somewhere?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Lounge Access TBIT AA domestic departures

Upcoming MIA-LAX-MIA itinerary, return flight is on the 777. Seems at least a couple MIA flights each day are departing from TBIT. Is it possible to access the oneworld joint BA/CX/JL/QF lounge at TBIT? I'd be eligible based on class of service and also holding an AC membership. Seem to recall some rigorous pax made the trek to TBIT for T4 departures and the OW lounge dragons initially were admitting AA pax but it seems they have gotten the memo that status based access on domestic flights isn't permitted.

Anyone have experience here?

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 4:19 pm

Bigger thread here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html but I think the view is that if your flight is not from TBIT then you're "encouraged" to use the lounges in T4

I'm going to try this next week as I'm transiting T4 but have a few hours to kill and my nephew is going through TBIT so I want to guest him into the TBIT lounge before heading back to T4 - will report back on my success (I'm a BA Gold / OW Emerald if that makes a difference)

Hope it works though as IMO the F lounge in TBIT is one of the best in North America
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AyeCaramba
Bigger thread here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html but I think the view is that if your flight is not from TBIT then you're "encouraged" to use the lounges in T4

I'm going to try this next week as I'm transiting T4 but have a few hours to kill and my nephew is going through TBIT so I want to guest him into the TBIT lounge before heading back to T4 - will report back on my success (I'm a BA Gold / OW Emerald if that makes a difference)

Hope it works though as IMO the F lounge in TBIT is one of the best in North America
Thanks, but I am asking in the event my flight departing LAX for MIA does depart TBIT. It's not worth the time and effort going through screening twice just for $7 of free breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.