Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum - 1MM+
Originally Posted by JDiver

You can indeed access the TBIT airside; they won't let you into the oneworld Lounge (operated by Qantas) because you're apparently not departing the TBIT itself on a oneworld flight.
Why would they not let me enter the TBIT lounge if I am:
  • Traveling in business on an international AA flight
  • AA Platinum member

According to the OneWorld website http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access, I should have access. On what terms would they deny me entry?

And most importantly... is the OneWorld TBIT lounge worth it, instead of the Terminal 4 lounge?

Also, I do not see if the thread was moved...
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by mrtrickdk
  • AA Platinum member

According to the OneWorld website http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access, I should have access. On what terms would they deny me entry?

And most importantly... is the OneWorld TBIT lounge worth it, instead of the Terminal 4 lounge?

No lounge at LAX is worth giving up 2 hours in Venice or Santa Monica
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by morrisunc
No lounge at LAX is worth giving up 2 hours in Venice or Santa Monica
Or in n out or Manhattan Beach. Lounge vs a beer at 3rd st. Promenade. Decisions.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum - 1MM+
Originally Posted by hiima
Or in n out or Manhattan Beach. Lounge vs a beer at 3rd st. Promenade. Decisions.
Yes, I am leaning towards the Venice option as well.
However, if weather/time doesn't work out. Then does anyone have any experience with entering the Oneworld lounge at TBIT with a business class boarding pass (and AA platinum level) for a long-haul AA flight out of T4? Everything indicates that I should have access, but does anyone have actual prior experience?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by mrtrickdk
  • AA Platinum member

The easiest term used to deny people is (link) (you have to read the entire terms and conditions and not cherry pick those terms favorable to you particular situation ):

• Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.
Members have reported, several times, this particular exclusion reason used at TBIT for passengers not departing on a qualifying airline from TBIT. Fortunately, in the TBIT thread, newer reports indicate the agents have backed off; that's very good, more consistent with the other onewotl access rules. Fortunately, I'm in error and behind the times - I've been gone a month and noticed as I was doing thread maintenance for the Dashboard integration and preparing to merge threads.

Looking forward to comparing the TBIT oneworld FIrst lounge against the Flagship Lounge soon. Please post your feedback if you get a chance.

We sometimes announce a thread will be merged and not do so for a bit; this allows more visibility and more importantly a member is advised this will happen.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 30, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Old May 1, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond

Looking forward to comparing the TBIT oneworld FIrst lounge against the Flagship Lounge soon. Please post your feedback if you
I flew CX881 business class on 4/30/2015 and used the Qantas FC lounge pre-departure. From a food perspective it is a notch or more above AA Flagship lounge in T4. Here you have table side service by a group of very nice staffers in white coat who take drink orders, followed by a la carte dining and dessert. I am no wine or drink connoisseur but my cabernet tastes good. Did not closely check the bar but it appears well stocked with name brands.
Other then the food and food service, I did not see anything that would make the Qantas FC lounge greater/nicer than the AA Flagship lounge.
Just my own opinions.

Last edited by JDiver; May 1, 2015 at 9:06 am Reason: Close quote
Old May 1, 2015, 5:28 pm

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC

You can indeed access the TBIT airside; they won't let you into the oneworld Lounge (operated by Qantas) because you're apparently not departing the TBIT itself on a oneworld flight.
Flying in to LAX from LAS and departing on BA from TBIT, can I get from T4 to TBIT airside without having to go through the TSA screening?

Thanks
Old May 1, 2015, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Noctilux
Flying in to LAX from LAS and departing on BA from TBIT, can I get from T4 to TBIT airside without having to go through the TSA screening?

Thanks
I don't think that's possible yet unless you're departing TBIT on Qantas, in which case there's an airside shuttle bus. In the future (when we refer to LAX and future, think of the meaning of the word "maana" is Spanish - some day) there will be a way; they've announced that.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:51 pm

Thanks
Not until early next year http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...ns-thread.html

But T4 to TBIT is an easy change - it's not well signposted but once you come out of the baggage hall in T4 turn left and walk for about 250 yds. The next major building you come to is TBIT and you need to go up one level to get to departures

I do this route fairly regularly and it can take anything from 10 - 30 mins from leaving T4 to being airside in TBIT as the security can be a bit of a zoo depending on the number of people going through TBIT
Old May 2, 2015, 3:27 am

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC
I don't think that's possible yet unless you're departing TBIT on Qantas, in which case there's an airside shuttle bus. In the future (when we refer to LAX and future, think of the meaning of the word "maana" is Spanish - some day) there will be a way; they've announced that.
So, like "maana" but without the air of certainty that word implies; isn't the Californian usage Real Soon Now?

Thanks

Last edited by Noctilux; May 2, 2015 at 3:29 am Reason: Idiocy
Old May 2, 2015, 7:14 am
Original Poster

So, like "maana" but without the air of certainty that word implies; isn't the Californian usage Real Soon Now?

Thanks
Yes. Very similar to South Africa's "just now". "LAX" and "construction delays" fit nicely together in a sentence. Though I'm hoping... and looking forward to the improvement when it does come. The original "satellite" design isolated airlines from each other, this will finally bring some unison to the airport.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
"LAX" and "construction delays" fit nicely together in a sentence.
You've got that right.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
anyone with recent experience of using the oneworld lounge at TBIT when departing from T4 as an emerald on AA to SFO.

The posts here would suggest that is has been possible, but they are from a few months ago.

Got a 4 hour layover and that seems to long to sit in the flagship lounge for, so fancy a walk around. And have never been to the oneworld lounge.

BTW just was looking for opening times and the oneworld website says the first lounge is a Qantas lounge and the oneworld lounge is the business lounge. Be fun trying to get in!

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Aug 18, 2015 at 9:44 am
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
It's not worth the trouble going all the way to TBIT just for some food imo. But to each their own. Personally the less encounters i have with TSA the better, nevermind TBIT doesn't even have a precheck lane.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
anyone with recent experience of using the oneworld lounge at TBIT when departing from T4 as an emerald on AA to SFO.

The posts here would suggest that is has been possible, but they are from a few months ago.

Got a 4 hour layover and that seems to long to sit in the flagship lounge for, so fancy a walk around. And have never been to the oneworld lounge.

BTW just was looking for opening times and the oneworld website says the first lounge is a Qantas lounge and the oneworld lounge is the business lounge. Be fun trying to get in!
So does the wiki.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.