Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 12, 22, 4:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: J.Edward
Wiki Link
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 29, 22, 10:11 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
deleted

Last edited by work2fly; Aug 29, 22 at 11:56 am
Old Aug 30, 22, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
I think that the issue here is that "access on arrival" is not a oneworld policy but an AA policy which only applies to their own lounges. Qantas could of course accept to allow arriving passengers if they wish but they don't have to.

Also OWS and OWE status themselves don't come with any perk of lounge access upon arrival as an alliance-wide benefit.

Of course, if the OP was transferring, that is a different story.
OW rules are pretty specific. One needs to be on a qualifying outbound OW flight (could be due to qualifying OW long haul flight, then connecting to another OW flight, or having the required OW status for access minus the AA/AS limitation flying domestic US flights).

Technically it is correct the QF could expand their access allowance, but they would have no incentive to do so if there is no OW partner airline willing to pay for it and the cost incurred offering "free" F&B.
Old Aug 30, 22, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
OW rules are pretty specific. One needs to be on a qualifying outbound OW flight (could be due to qualifying OW long haul flight, then connecting to another OW flight, or having the required OW status for access minus the AA/AS limitation flying domestic US flights).

Technically it is correct the QF could expand their access allowance, but they would have no incentive to do so if there is no OW partner airline willing to pay for it and the cost incurred offering "free" F&B.
Agree with respect to the rules on needing a connecting flight if trying to access on arrival. My situation was along the lines of Tcon F not qualifying as a segment to grant access in general (departing or connecting). All in all, no big deal and I moved to the J lounge.

The one positive was that the agent said that if I had non-AA / AS OWE or had an international segment, I would be good to go. Pre-COVID, I watched this same person deny folks entry on the basis of being an otherwise qualifying OWE or coming off an international flight. I almost met the same fate, but politely pointed out that per the OW lounge finder page, I qualified for access.
serfty and teemuflyer like this.
Old Sep 12, 22, 1:06 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
I posted the following in HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2020-)
Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
Greetings all.

Not sure where to ask this but if I book a revenue F ticket from JFK → LAX on AA and then an onward flight to LAS (be it on AA in the same PNR, or on AA in a separate PNR, or a non-OW carrier), does the paid F sector on the three class tcon count as “””international’’’ for lounge access?

While I believe I’d have access to the FFL in LAX and JFK - as well as FFD in JFK and LAX, if LAX FFD were open - I’m trying to ascertain if I’ll be able to use the QF F lounge in LAX.

Thanks.
But thanks to this helpful thread I believe I can now answer my own question: YES, an inbound pax on a 3 cabin flight in paid F (JFK → LAX in my case) WOULD be able to access the QF F lounge at LAX, assuming the QF F lounge is open per the wiki.

> > > > > > > > > > >
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 12, 22, 4:12 pm

Programs: CX MPO GO (=SPH), IHG Spire Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by ryanbriar View Post
Update from earlier today -

Decided to give my inbound BOS-LAX F boarding pass a go at the QF F lounge. The person working the desk denied me on the basis of being on a domestic-only itinerary. I said yep understand the rules, however pre COVID / last week per his colleague, using a full Tcon F boarding pass was sufficient. He said yes that was true pre-COVID, however the rules have changed. I asked if he could scan the pass to see what the computer would say, but refused to do that. Oh well.

Went to the J lounge using my RAM sapphire status, where the agents didn稚 believe that this was a real airline / had to call their manager to check that domestic-only itineraries could gain access.

Very curious to hear of anyone has actually had success.
Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
I posted the following in HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2020-)
But thanks to this helpful thread I believe I can now answer my own question: YES, an inbound pax on a 3 cabin flight in paid F (JFK → LAX in my case) WOULD be able to access the QF F lounge at LAX, assuming the QF F lounge is open per the wiki.

> > > > > > > > > > >

Access rules:
or
or
Data point above indicates otherwise.

Also access on arrival is an AA special thing. For the QF F and oneworld J lounges, I believe the LAX-LAS flight must be on AA or AS if you want to at least have a shot.
Old Sep 12, 22, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by ernestnywang View Post
Data point above indicates otherwise.

Also access on arrival is an AA special thing. For the QF F and oneworld J lounges, I believe the LAX-LAS flight must be on AA or AS if you want to at least have a shot.
Yes, I can confirm that you need to have an onward OW ticket.

I壇 like to hear if others have had positive experiences obtaining access.

For my two attempts:
  • Round #1 required an onward OW BP given that rule (totally makes sense and rules are rules). That said, I was told that if I did have the onward BP, I壇 be good to go (I.e., the help desk post)
  • Round #2 I was swiftly denied because the Tcon F routes (in either direction) are no longer eligible post COVID. Wasn't worth arguing. Directly contracts the help desk post. Like I noted in my original post, this individual had a habit of making up rules pre-COVID (e.g. EXP with a legitimate international segment didn稚 qualify for access).
Old Sep 12, 22, 7:32 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Originally Posted by ernestnywang View Post
For the QF F and oneworld J lounges, I believe the LAX-LAS flight must be on AA or AS if you want to at least have a shot.
Yes, I can confirm that you need to have an onward OW ticket.
Good to go there; have an onwards AS LAX → LAS flight, albeit on a separate PNR.
Round #2 I was swiftly denied because the Tcon F routes (in either direction) are no longer eligible post COVID...I壇 like to hear if others have had positive experiences obtaining access.
If true, this would be disappointing.

I guess the crux of the matter is does AA/QF treat three-class Tcon's a defecto international flights for purposes of QF F lounge access.
ernestnywang and ryanbriar like this.
Old Sep 13, 22, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
[QUOTE=J.Edward;34594882]Good to go there; have an onwards AS LAX → LAS flight, albeit on a separate PNR.
If true, this would be disappointing.

I guess the crux of the matter is does AA/QF treat three-class Tcon's a defecto international flights for purposes of QF F lounge access.[/QUOTE]

It's simply a question if AA is willing to pay for the access per earlier arraignments..If not, no access.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 27, 22, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
I知 confused. I haven稚 traveled much since Covid but did take the 787 (American Air) from LAX to MIA To Barbados in business and was denied access to the one world lounge at LAX. Before Covid, if you were on the LAX to MIA flight on a 787/777 you were granted access.

now I am taking a 787 from LAX to ORD to FCO, again in business. Will I, again, be denied access to the one world lounge? I just don稚 understand the new rules.

I知 sure my departure gate will be in TBIT, but I値l have to check in at terminal 4 and take the pathway to the gate

thanks
Old Sep 27, 22, 2:03 pm

Programs: CX MPO GO (=SPH), IHG Spire Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by slhansen219 View Post
now I am taking a 787 from LAX to ORD to FCO, again in business. Will I, again, be denied access to the one world lounge? I just don稚 understand the new rules.
This is intercontinental, so you have access for sure. Whether the receptionist will make up non-existent rule - I don't know.
Old Sep 27, 22, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
No problem if same day connection to Europe.
Old Sep 27, 22, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
It's simply a question if AA is willing to pay for the access per earlier arraignments..If not, no access.
I would concur.

Would assume then the question I should ask is:

Will AA treat three-class Tcon's a defecto international flights [and remit payment to QF] for purposes of QF F lounge access on arrival from paid F in a trascon [and will the QF agent be aware of such an arrangement, assuming AA has made the arrangement to pay for access]?
Old Sep 27, 22, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
For lax-Mia, AA is completely Irregular as to whether it will offer 3 class service on any given day.

I can稚 figure it out and I知 a regular on the route Can稚 expect QF lounge to figure it out.

Last edited by beachfan; Sep 28, 22 at 7:16 am
Old Sep 27, 22, 7:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
For lax-Mia, AA is completely Irregular as to whether it will offer 3 class service on any given day.

I can稚 figure it out and I知 a regular on the you池e. Can稚 expect QF lounge to figure it out.
If you are on the 3 class, your BP would say "Flagship First" or "Flagship Business"... if on a 321 then just "FIRST".
Old Sep 28, 22, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by jtav559 View Post
If you are on the 3 class, your BP would say "Flagship First" or "Flagship Business"... if on a 321 then just "FIRST".
that isn稚 the point. It痴 an on again, off again thing. Until AA started screwing around with not having 77Ws on the route, there were few issues.

Search this Thread