Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Qantas First is still closed.
Also a reminder that the OW Lounge closes at 8:45pm, thus if you are booked at the 11:55pm'ish MIA flight, the OW Lounge wouldn't work; but for the 10pm'ish flight, it might be a decent option if admitted.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:57 am

This gets even more confusing when a flight is connecting in MIA and then onto SDQ... with the Caribbean exception now being ignored for FL lounges (but not in OW lounges)... unsure if my J class ticket (with oneworld Sapphire) will get me into OW Lounge at Bradley. I will circle back!
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:52 am

Flew LAX-MIA-BOG in J on AA in January. Had my AS 75K on my BP, they said I would not get access to the One World Lounge. They then asked if I had status with BA/Qantas and those only, which I do with BA, and they let me in.

Originally Posted by joco77103
This gets even more confusing when a flight is connecting in MIA and then onto SDQ... with the Caribbean exception now being ignored for FL lounges (but not in OW lounges)... unsure if my J class ticket (with oneworld Sapphire) will get me into OW Lounge at Bradley. I will circle back!
The FL is now open and you will have access based on LAX-MIA in J.
road2elysium likes this.

Last edited by hsumh316; Feb 10, 2022 at 11:58 am
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Pre-pandemic, AA 3-class transcon J and F pax could get into respective OneWorld lounges. I haven't tried since OW reopened but I don't see why it would be any different. Some people were denied entry incorrectly by poorly trained lounge employee but the entry rules were clearly stated - if you can get in AA lounge based on class of service (e.g. transcon 3-class J), you can get in OW lounge. Membership/elite status entry is different... those follow OW rules so AA elite (and now AS elite) on domestic flights are not allowed entry based on status.

BTW, I was back in Flagship lounge yesterday for the first time since it reopened... was nearly empty when I was there (7AM).
road2elysium likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:15 am

Anybody entered into OW J lounge recently on a MEX itinerary? I致e noticed the MEX exception copy on the OW Lounge site is much more confusing now. Here are the exceptions:

AA exception drop down:
American Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on domestic U.S. flights (some exceptions apply). For more information, visit American Airlines' website.
AS exception drop down:
Alaska Airlines guests travelling in First Class (excluding guests who were upgraded) are eligible for access to the Alaska Lounge. First Class guests are not eligible for access to oneworld member airline lounges when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.

Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K members are not eligible for access to oneworld member airline lounges when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit Alaska Airlines' website.
I知 looking to fly MEX-LAX on AA and connect to an AS flight, all in Y, as an AA EXP. AA痴 copy a couple years back allowed Qantas F access on a MEX-LAX-___ itinerary but now the AA exception isn稚 so clear and it linking to the Admirals club page on AA.com is confusing because it痴 not clear there either.

Am I allowed entry to Qantas F [once it reopens] these days?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by 747kona
I知 looking to fly MEX-LAX on AA and connect to an AS flight, all in Y, as an AA EXP. AA痴 copy a couple years back allowed Qantas F access on a MEX-LAX-___ itinerary but now the AA exception isn稚 so clear and it linking to the Admirals club page on AA.com is confusing because it痴 not clear there either.

Am I allowed entry to Qantas F [once it reopens] these days?
The oneworld page still lists the MEX exception for AA/AS elites. But AA did remove the MEX exception though for Flagship Lounge access a while back, along with Central America and northern South America.

So, technically speaking by the way the rules are written right now, as an EXP flying MEX-LAX-XXX you could access the QF F Lounge at LAX, but not the AA Flagship Lounge. Go figure.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: PSA, Air Cal, Tarom Glam Miles (pre-devaluation)
The wiki says the OneWorld lounge at TBIT is closed.

But posts seem to indicate it’s back open?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by renila
The wiki says the OneWorld lounge at TBIT is closed.

But posts seem to indicate it痴 back open?
My understanding is that it's open. I tried to use it in the early afternoon a few days ago but it was closed. I went to the AA Flagship Lounge instead, and an agent there told me she didn't think they opened until 3:00 PM.
renila likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Per the QF site the OW J lounge is currently open from 2 pm to 8:45 pm.

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...iness%20Lounge
renila likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:04 pm

Any recent data points on QF F lounge at LAX?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by 747kona
Any recent data points on QF F lounge at LAX?
It's closed.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:21 pm

Pure speculation but I'm guessing the Qantas LAX F lounge will open around March 27 when Qantas resumes F on the LAX/SYD route. I flew LAX to SYD last week and walked by about 9 PM and the furniture was uncovered (new lounge chairs installed by the windows); lights were on; TV monitors with flight info were on, bar was fully stocked. No sign of employees tho...previously the Lounge was dark and furniture covered in plastic so they're clearly getting ready.
renila and teemuflyer like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I'm there April 5th and was told that it , Qantas F, should be open by then at long last.

End March I seem to recall, so any day maybe.
renila likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Hi all - is LAX Flagship open again?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Seat 1K
Hi all - is LAX Flagship open again?
The Flagship Lounge, yes. Flagship First Dining, no. It's in Terminal 4, though, not TBIT.
Seat 1K likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.