Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Bacon Better at AA FL vs QF F Lounge

In case someone else is a bacon snob.. AA bacon way more thick cut and cooked more consistently.

Tried them back to back (no pun intended) about 15 minutes apart.

Otherwise QF F Lounge still rules in my book.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by michael_v
Since CX is on Amadeus and AA is on Sabre, will AA T4 FL even see my AS flight if I hand them over the arriving CX flight boarding pass?

The bad part is that AS is also on Sabre.
If they can't see an onward OW flight, they'll ask for your onward BP
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Has anyone tried accessing Qantas business lounge with an LAX – MIA ticket in the last few weeks? I’m wondering if they have changed their access rules now that the three class planes are not on that route.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by beachfan
Has anyone tried accessing Qantas business lounge with an LAX – MIA ticket in the last few weeks? I’m wondering if they have changed their access rules now that the three class planes are not on that route.
Ditto with Flagship First check in.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
I heard that has recently gone away. Which is why you should look into getting Gold status with British Airways. It's "relatively" painless, and once attained, you don't have to worry about access to any Oneworld Lounge.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Since CX is on Amadeus and AA is on Sabre, will AA T4 FL even see my AS flight if I hand them over the arriving CX flight boarding pass?

The bad part is that AS is also on Sabre.
What I meant was, there was some chatter about folks being granted access to the FL as a quasi-arrivals lounge (i.e. no onward itinerary).
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The arrivals access pertains to PAX on AA's Flagship routes and is relevant at LAX to AA's lounges at T4 and T5, not TBIT.

That is, it's an AA benefit, not *O.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by serfty
The arrivals access pertains to PAX on AA's Flagship routes and is relevant at LAX to AA's lounges at T4 and T5, not TBIT.

That is, it's an AA benefit, not *O.
Thanks for clarification.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
In case someone else is a bacon snob.. AA bacon way more thick cut and cooked more consistently.

Tried them back to back (no pun intended) about 15 minutes apart.

Otherwise QF F Lounge still rules in my book.
Waiting for a salad comparison review soon since I want to eat healthy!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
I realize this is subjective but wondering what others opinions on the nicest shower rooms at LAX currently are QF J and F vs newly opened
FL?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I realize this is subjective but wondering what others opinions on the nicest shower rooms at LAX currently are QF J and F vs newly opened
FL?
I personally do not like the QF F showers - while the soft amenities are nice; the rooms are sterile / hospital like - often smell heavily of cleaning solution, sometimes not perfectly cleaned, etc. Though there's usually not a wait. Never been in the QF J lounge. The new FL showers are really nice, and I find that AA has some of the nicer shower lounges in OW outside CX lounges in HKG. the CO Bigelow amenities are nice as well.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by lds89
I personally do not like the QF F showers - while the soft amenities are nice; the rooms are sterile / hospital like - often smell heavily of cleaning solution, sometimes not perfectly cleaned, etc. Though there's usually not a wait. Never been in the QF J lounge. The new FL showers are really nice, and I find that AA has some of the nicer shower lounges in OW outside CX lounges in HKG. the CO Bigelow amenities are nice as well.
Great, Ill head over to AA and check them out, thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:02 pm

Just making sure I read the following few posts correctly. Are folks saying that the International First QF TBIT lounge doesn't allow you in after arriving on an International First AA metal flight (e.g., LHR, HKG) and connecting to an AA flight? I'm just confused because I was allowed in the QF First lounge after arriving on a flight from Sydney prior to the new AA FL opened. Did this change recently?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
Just making sure I read the following few posts correctly. Are folks saying that the International First QF TBIT lounge doesn't allow you in after arriving on an International First AA metal flight (e.g., LHR, HKG) and connecting to an AA flight? I'm just confused because I was allowed in the QF First lounge after arriving on a flight from Sydney prior to the new AA FL opened. Did this change recently?
Given the scenario you just described, you'll receive access to the Qantas F lounge at TBIT.

They just changed the menu. All new wines. New starters. New salads. Lots of old favorites. Fantastic service.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
No, those access policies are the same. The question is whether non-AA OWEs and AA JFK-LAX Flagship First passengers have access to the QF F lounge on arrival, without a connecting flight (or non-AA OWS and AA JFK-LAX Flagship Business passengers for the QF J lounge). The answer to that question is NO.

The question arose because AA LAX-JFK Flagship F and J passengers, who have access to both their respective QF lounges at LAX upon departure and to the AA Flagship Lounge, are allowed access to AA's Flagship Lounge in LAX on arrival from JFK, and to JFK's FL on arrival from LAX or SFO. Access on arrival to these lounges on these routes is a benefit that AA grants to F an J passengers on those particular flights and is not a OW benefit (a OWE/OWS traveling those transcon routes in Y would not have access on arrival).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.