Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
1. Yes (T4 A/C and TBIT oneworld Business lounge) - assuming you are inbound on CX/AA.

2. Yes, depending on time of day.

3. Yes, but in reality one of the lounges Mentioned in 1. .

Assuming you have a single booking, you do immigration processing, customs then bag drop. Turn right on reaching the arrivals hall (don't go outside) and head along to the end for the 'transit' security. When you come out at the connector, turn right for the *O lounge at TBIT or left for the A/C at T4.

Once showered etc., you can then head landside.

On return go back though through security, pick a lounge and wait for you flight.

Only caveat is that there may be an issue with your BP scanning twice - if that happens, just tell them what you have done and you should be fine.

Last edited by serfty; Jul 26, 2017 at 3:40 pm
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Booked in J lax-Mia, explat, denied access to Qantas first lounge.

The link above does not provide the policy allowing access, as it refers to AA lounges for the exception on lax-JFK, sfo-jfk, lax -Mia and vice versa. They even called over an AA rep, who confirmed what the lounge agent was saying, that the exception was a class of service exception and hence only access to business class. Anyone have anything in writing supportin Firstclass lounge access for Exec plat at this f lounge?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Booked in J lax-Mia, explat, denied access to Qantas first lounge.
As you should have been. Why would think that a domestic transcon J ticket would get you access?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Got denied access to Qantas First lounge (and business lounge).
I am AA EXP, on international itinerary, HKG-LAX landed 10.30pm, while connecting LAX-JFK is the following day. Agent stated that the flights should be same day (PST time).
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by zip10001
I am AA EXP, on international itinerary, HKG-LAX landed 10.30pm, while connecting LAX-JFK is the following day. Agent stated that the flights should be same day (PST time).
Before 6am the next day should also be eligible.
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by zip10001
The devil is in the details. If your departure was scheduled before 0600 / 6 am the next day, they should have granted access. If your next day departure was after 6 am, under oneworld rules they were properly denying you access.

"First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa)." Link
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Anyone have anything in writing supportin Firstclass lounge access for Exec plat at this f lounge?
Wiki says:

Qantas First Lounge

Must be traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated flight ("qualifying flight") and be
departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours, or

traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight (currently LAX-JFK and some LAX-MIA), or

a oneworld Emerald cardholder.
Exception: AA Executive Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
oneworld Los Angeles Lounge (business lounge operated by Qantas)

Note this is a oneworld lounge, not a Qantas Club. It is not part of any reciprocity agreement with Admirals Club.

Must be traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated flight ("qualifying flight") and be
departing in, or connecting from, first or business class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours, or

traveling in first or business class on a three-class domestic flight (currently LAX-JFK and LAX-MIA), or

a oneworld Emerald or Sapphire cardholder.
Exception: AA Executive Platinum and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
I guess you're referring to this?

Also note: ...customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
You do have lounge access... to the J lounge since you're in J. ExPlat doesn't matter, it's explicitly called out as irrelevant in the wiki. The wiki completely supports what those agents were telling you.

Perhaps that bit you pointed out should be moved out of the F section so it doesn't cause confusion (or edited to make it clear that access to QF LAX lounges for AA 3-class transcons is based on class of service- F lounge for F, J lounge for J)...
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
While I was granted lounge access to Qantas business, the linked policy does not support that, only American lounges.

So I am still looking for some written policy that allows it, even in business lounge.

Your suggested Wiki clarification would be useful.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFO777
As you should have been. Why would think that a domestic transcon J ticket would get you access?
In the past I have been admitted to the Qantas F lounge while booked on a 3 class transcon flying in J while being an Emerald via AA Exp. However, the last 2 times I have tried to enter under these circumstances, I have been told "class of travel" on the transcon drives admission rules and therefore I was directed to the OneWorld J Lounge. If I was in F on the transcon, I would have been able to enter.

I think what has confused people is that AA EXP flying international in any class would have access to Qantas F lounge as an Emerald. The language of about transcons in some wikis has been unclear at times and people like me wanted to believe that these same factors would apply to transcons. They clearly do not.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
While I was granted lounge access to Qantas business, the linked policy does not support that, only American lounges.

So I am still looking for some written policy that allows it, even in business lounge.

Your suggested Wiki clarification would be useful.
Were you traveling in business on a three-class LAX-MIA or a two-class LAX-MIA?

I was admitted just a few days ago traveling business on a three-class LAX-MIA
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ralphs

Presumably to the oneworld Business lounge.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First Lounge access Rules

A ready reckoner has been posted on the Qantas forum. I'll repeat it here:

For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  • Non AAdvantage oneworld Emerald travelling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  • AAdvantage Executive Platinum travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • First Class passengers travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • Passengers in First Class on a flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • First Class passengers^ travelling on an American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York or Los Angeles & Miami.
* A "North American* Itinerary" is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
^ Regarding AAdvantage EXP: This is a "Class of Service" based access, so status should not be relevant. Rules indicate NO ACCESS unless in First on 3 class transcon, but there had been some contradictory experiences about this. Early on EXP based access had sometimes been granted; not so these days. Presumably this related to confusion about the rules on behalf of the agents.

Last edited by serfty; Oct 11, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs

3 class.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
A ready reckoner has been posted on the Qantas forum. I'll repeat it here:
I question whether it is still true for 2 class lax-Mia, which they will all be soon.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I question whether it is still true for 2 class lax-Mia, which they will all be soon.
I think it is up to AA. They pay QF for the access for all AA FF or cabin of service pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.