Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
No problem yesterday on a ATL-LAX-SFO as OW EMERALD (BA). Didn't receive the warmest welcome but no questions asked.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Wife and I flying on paid business on a 3-class plane from LAX-MIA yesterday and denied access to oneworld Business lounge (I'm AA Platinum). We weren't traveling international but I thought there was an exception for transcon flights?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tonys1234
Wife and I flying on paid business on a 3-class plane from LAX-MIA yesterday and denied access to oneworld Business lounge (I'm AA Platinum). We weren't traveling international but I thought there was an exception for transcon flights?
There is. It's quite clear on the oneworld website, too: "customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access."

The various lounge managers and premium services staff at LAX really need to just have a meeting and get all this straight...
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by jamespvg
There is. It's quite clear on the oneworld website, too: "customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access."

The various lounge managers and premium services staff at LAX really need to just have a meeting and get all this straight...
I agree! It was early in the AM and I wasn't prepared to argue (and frankly am irritated that you have to). Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
I am planning on a mileage run from LAX to SYD. I am EXPlat. I will have about 6 hours layover before my flight out of Terminal 4. Am I correct in my understanding that I will have access to Qantas First Class lounge (TBIT). Thank you.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by naswi
I am planning on a mileage run from LAX to SYD. I am EXPlat. I will have about 6 hours layover before my flight out of Terminal 4. Am I correct in my understanding that I will have access to Qantas First Class lounge (TBIT). Thank you.
Yes. If you have your physical EXP card, bring it with you for back-up. If you encounter a problem at the desk, show them the OW Emerald logo on it.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jamespvg

Sometimes, don't you just wish AA had someone on site to go over and grab those lounge managers by the shirt collar and shove the rules in their face and force them to actually follow the rules?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Pardon my ignorance, but what is so special about the Qantas F lounge at TBIT? I've been there once, flying CX in F to HKG and I found the lounge to be quite underwhelming. It honestly felt like an Admirals Club with slightly better furniture and a sit down restaurant inside it. I found the shower suites to be a bit lacking in their decor compared to the Admirals Club in T4. I had a bite at the restaurant, and while the food was nice, it's nothing that I haven't had before.

The furniture looked nice, but really, a comfy chair is a comfy chair, and I found it to be similar in feel to the Admirals Club. I ended up going to the OneWorld J lounge afterwards to take a look around before proceeding to my flight. I found the buffet spread at the J lounge to be a bit more user friendly. Overall, I felt underwhelmed by these lounges. Yes, they're noticeably better than the Admirals Club, but not really that different from the Admirals Club save for the food.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Pardon my ignorance, but what is so special about the Qantas F lounge at TBIT? I've been there once, flying CX in F to HKG and I found the lounge to be quite underwhelming. It honestly felt like an Admirals Club with slightly better furniture and a sit down restaurant inside it. I found the shower suites to be a bit lacking in their decor compared to the Admirals Club in T4. I had a bite at the restaurant, and while the food was nice, it's nothing that I haven't had before.

The furniture looked nice, but really, a comfy chair is a comfy chair, and I found it to be similar in feel to the Admirals Club. I ended up going to the OneWorld J lounge afterwards to take a look around before proceeding to my flight. I found the buffet spread at the J lounge to be a bit more user friendly. Overall, I felt underwhelmed by these lounges. Yes, they're noticeably better than the Admirals Club, but not really that different from the Admirals Club save for the food.
You might have gone to the old OW lounge, not the new Qantas first lounge. The old OW lounge was dated. The new Qantas lounge is heavenly.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
You might have gone to the old OW lounge, not the new Qantas first lounge. The old OW lounge was dated. The new Qantas lounge is heavenly.
The showers are still a bit dated. I was there a month ago and needed a shower, definitely not on par with like HKG F lounges or JL F lounges. The food is delicious, booze is great. But the bathrooms need some work.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012

But given the choice is an Admirals Club or the OW F/J lounges, the latter is a no-brainer. There's nothing special, but worth the extra trek especially after the T4-TBIT connector.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mmjaysee
I'm sure it was the new one. I flew in late Jan 2016. The whole TBIT experience I found to be a bit grating, the security checkpoint opening 15 minutes late, to no pre check, to the Qantas F lounge opening 10 minutes late. I really wish the T-4 connector was open back then, could've pre-checked out of T-4, spent some time at AA's FL before trecking over to the TBIT OW F/J lounges once they were open to be closer to my flight.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Was *very* pleasantly surprised today to be redirected to the F lounge when flying from LAX-SFO as a AirBerlin Gold (OWS) member.. because my boarding pass said that I was traveling in FIRST class. Didn't even enter the AirBerlin number when I was admitted (I have my AA number on my BP)...

Calimari, steak, and cheese plates all excellent, as was the service.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
I will be flying on AA LAX-DFW F, overnight connection, then DFW-HKG J on the same ticket. OWE.

Will I have issues accessing Quantas F lounge? Thank you
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tonykline1947
I will be flying on AA LAX-DFW F, overnight connection, then DFW-HKG J on the same ticket. OWE.
Will I have issues accessing Quantas F lounge? Thank you
There is no Quantas lounge at LAX.

But there is a Qantas lounge which you should be able to access as an AA EXP, assuming that it is open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.