Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I note the rules posted in the Wiki, but aren't those rules really only applicable to AA elites, so AA ExPlat and AA Plat rather than Emerald and Sapphire

Other OW elites have slightly more generous access, as they do to all AAdmirals Clubs as well
(eg. on purely AA domestic itins of under 5hrs)

Also the location part only seems to describe access to the Business Lounge, the First Lounge is more easily access by the elevators to the left once you cross the bridge in the lightwell.
And now directly available via the T4-TBIT connector, with the Business Lounge a bit further ahead.

Last edited by moa999; Feb 26, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
TCON F in 3Class

I've read that the Wiki says that TCON F in a 3 class AA Flight has access to the TBIT OneWorld First Class Lounge in TBIT. However, theory and practice don't always seem to be one and the same. Has anyone recently tried to access the QF F Lounge in TBIT with a TCON F flight?

I'm scheduled for a LAX-JFK later this March and wondering if

1) It's worth the hike to TBIT to check out the QF F Lounge or it the AA Flagship good enough

2) The receptionists there still have their own rules rather than follow the official OW rules

Any firsthand insight is appreciated!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by ArrVea
I've read that the Wiki says that TCON F in a 3 class AA Flight has access to the TBIT OneWorld First Class Lounge in TBIT. However, theory and practice don't always seem to be one and the same. Has anyone recently tried to access the QF F Lounge in TBIT with a TCON F flight?

1) It's worth the hike to TBIT to check out the QF F Lounge or it the AA Flagship good enough

2) The receptionists there still have their own rules rather than follow the official OW rules

Didn't try per se, but did step in to ask when I was there on Thursday (wasn't flying). Agent confirmed that EXPs on transcon flights would be admitted.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)

Should be fine. Access is also now permitted for flights over 5 hours as well (aka LAX-BOS), which is perhaps in response to the expansion of JetBlue Mint service out of BOS.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
I was allowed access on AA plat going LAX-MIA. I had my AB sapphire card out, but she said not necessary. The connector is perfect and spits you out right by the lounge! this is amazing, but i can only imagine it getting really crowded it this is a widespread policy.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:36 am

Is there anyway to connect from inbound AA flight (presumably T4) to outbound domestic UA flight (T7/8) without exiting security?

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Ross0
Is there anyway to connect from inbound AA flight (presumably T4) to outbound domestic UA flight (T7/8) without exiting security?

Thanks!
Yes, at LAX all the Terminals from TBIT to T7/T8 are now connected airside.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Ross0
Originally Posted by wrp96
Yes, at LAX all the Terminals from TBIT to T7/T8 are now connected airside.
To clarify, you'll want to go downstairs near the middle of T4 and you'll find a loooong hallway leading east toward T5/6/7. It'll be a bit of a trek, but you won't have to reclear security.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And you have to walk anyway, so might as well go downstairs, walking outside is more crowded with people and their stuff.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

The food looked better at the QF F lounge, although we had eaten so only had some Jamon Serrano, which was pretty good. Drinks are below FL quality level and not self-serve. Service was glacially slow on this visit.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by brp
Drinks are below FL quality level and not self-serve.
When I was there last year I found the wines there much better than the plonk I usually find at the FL. Were you referring to just the booze selection?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by brp
Service was glacially slow on this visit.
Are there crowds now? I was (selfishly) hoping that this wouldn't open before my first-ever international flight in not-economy, CX F, due to worries about the lounge being overwhelmed.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:41 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Microwave
When I was there last year I found the wines there much better than the plonk I usually find at the FL. Were you referring to just the booze selection?
Yes, I was referring to booze. Rarely have I found a wine in any lounge that I would prefer over the booze selections. Having easy access at home to California (and, particularly, Santa Cruz Mountains) wines has made me somewhat snobby about that. So, in lounges I will focus on bubbly (yes, it is wine, but not a red ) and booze.

Originally Posted by ralphs
Are there crowds now? I was (selfishly) hoping that this wouldn't open before my first-ever international flight in not-economy, CX F, due to worries about the lounge being overwhelmed.
It was not very crowded when we were there maybe 3 weeks back. Still very slow.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Yes, I was referring to booze. Rarely have I found a wine in any lounge that I would prefer over the booze selections. Having easy access at home to California (and, particularly, Santa Cruz Mountains) wines has made me somewhat snobby about that. So, in lounges I will focus on bubbly (yes, it is wine, but not a red ) and booze.
Fair play to that! I tend to like a good whisky, but I've got the same problem with those as you've got for red wines.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:50 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Microwave
Fair play to that! I tend to like a good whisky, but I've got the same problem with those as you've got for red wines.
Two times ago, the FL had an Auchentoshan. I didn't get to try it as I was having cognac (notably missing from QF F), but it is a well-regarded brand. I am also a very big whisky fan and agree wholeheartedly that the good ones come from your side of the pond. BA F lounges in LHR are particularly notable for those choices.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.