Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 30, 18, 8:56 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: serfty
Wiki Link
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges
(oneworld Premium Lounge operated by Qantas) and Qantas First Lounge

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the new secure airside connector.
oneworld Los Angeles Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30 (but see linked page for changes)

AMENITIES:
  • WiFi
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista and coffee selections
  • Shower suites (16)
Notes: The stylish and spacious Business Class Lounge has a contemporary design reflecting Californian culture, combined with signature elements from each airline, built around a communal fireplace and central glass atrium providing natural light. In the lounge's dining area, customers can choose from menus, designed by renowned Qantas chef Neil Perry, based on signature Qantas Lounge favourites with influences of multicultural California, including Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and US West Coast street food. Californian food carts similar to the pop-up dining concept offer freshly prepared dishes. At the cocktail bar, customers can select signature cocktails or premium wines, or have the barista create the coffee of their choice. The lounge also offers an enhanced hot and cold buffet, faster WiFi, new workstations and sixteen shower suites with Aurora Spa amenities.

Qantas First Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30 (but see linked page for changes)

AMENITIES:
  • WiFi
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry restaurant (74 seats, a la carte dining)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista with coffee selections
  • Shower suites (7)
  • Business suites (2 - can be combined for conference room)
  • Shirt pressing (First)
Notes: The Qantas Los Angeles First Lounge defines a new standard of luxury and sophistication for First and eligible premium customers travelling through LAX. The spacious, light and open plan lounge is three times the size of the previous First Lounge. The lounge features a 74-seat a la carte restaurant, Californian Knoll furniture selected by Marc Newson, including 12 Eero Saarinen Womb Chairs with matching ottomans, 2 private work suites that can open into one larger private meeting room, state of the art wi-fi, wireless printing capabilities, TVs equipped with cable television and 7 dedicated shower suites, complete with Aurora Spa products. The a la carte Rockpool menu has been designed by Neil Perry, featuring signature dishes from the Qantas flagship Sydney and Melbourne lounges, as well as locally inspired LA cuisine. Menus will change seasonally, every 3 months. Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.
Access rules: (v. Mar 12, 2016)

Qantas First Lounge

Must be traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated flight ("qualifying flight") and be
  • departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours, or

• traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight (currently JFK-LAX or SFO and return, some LAX-MIA), or (2017 change) First LAX-MIA-LAX.

• a oneworld Emerald cardholder.
    • Exception: AA Executive Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Also note: ...customers travelling in First class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access. oneworld lounge access page - link
Originally Posted by Ready Reckoner
For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  • Non AAdvantage oneworld Emerald travelling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  • AAdvantage Executive Platinum travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • First Class passengers travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • Passengers in First Class on a flight longer than five hours connectingァ to/from a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • First Class passengers travelling on an American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York or Los Angeles & Miami.
* A "North American* Itinerary" is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
oneworld Los Angeles Lounge (business lounge operated by Qantas)

Note this is a oneworld lounge, not a Qantas Club. It is not part of any reciprocity agreement with Admirals Club.

Must be traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated flight ("qualifying flight") and be
  • departing in, or connecting from, first or business class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours, or

• traveling in first or business class on a three-class domestic flight (currently JFK-LAX or SFO and returns, and LAX-MIA - changed in 2017 to include MIA-LAX-MIA two class flights), or

• a oneworld Emerald or Sapphire cardholder.
    • Exception: AA Executive Platinum and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Originally Posted by Ready Reckoner
For access to the oneworld Business Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  • Non AAdvantage oneworld Sapphire or Emerald travelling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  • AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • First and Business Class passengers travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • Passengers in First or Business Class on a flight longer than five hours connectingァ to/from a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  • First Class and Business class passengers travelling on an American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York or Los Angeles & Miami.
* A "North American* Itinerary" is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
Link to walk through of new TBIT oneworld lounge operated by Qantas.

Each of the three alliances was given lounge space at the new TBIT, the square footage determined by how large each alliance is at LAX. As oneworld is the largest alliance at LAX, it was given the largest lounge space. Then each alliance chose one airline to operate the lounge - Qantas for oneworld, Air New Zealand for Star and Korean Air for SkyTeam.

Emirates was also given their own lounge space and there will be a third-party lounge for non-affiliated carriers...
Link to review, with photos, on BoardingArea.

See this blog for many photos.

You can now travel between AA Terminal 4 and Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) via the new secure airside connector, and between the American Airlines and the legacy US Airways / Alaska terminals without leaving Security via airside connection or shuttle service T-4 <-> T-6. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes between 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., with stops at Terminal 6 (Gate 65A) and Terminal 4 (down escalator by Gate 44) - or take a 10-minute walk via the connecting tunnel. Yet another shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, see to here)

• For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.

• For the Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Cub, see here.
Finally, a new Admirals Club has opened in Terminal 5 in the previous Delta Airlines lounge.

Older posts regarding the old lounge closure and discussing the new oneworld lounge prior to opening are located in this archived thread ARCHIVE: new Qantas operated oneworld lounge at LAX TBIT; old lounge closed.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 30, 15, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum - 1MM
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post

You can indeed access the TBIT airside; they won't let you into the oneworld Lounge (operated by Qantas) because you're apparently not departing the TBIT itself on a oneworld flight.
Why would they not let me enter the TBIT lounge if I am:
  • Traveling in business on an international AA flight
  • AA Platinum member

According to the OneWorld website http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access, I should have access. On what terms would they deny me entry?

And most importantly... is the OneWorld TBIT lounge worth it, instead of the Terminal 4 lounge?

Also, I do not see if the thread was moved...
Old Apr 30, 15, 4:15 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by mrtrickdk View Post
  • AA Platinum member

According to the OneWorld website http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access, I should have access. On what terms would they deny me entry?

And most importantly... is the OneWorld TBIT lounge worth it, instead of the Terminal 4 lounge?

No lounge at LAX is worth giving up 2 hours in Venice or Santa Monica
Old Apr 30, 15, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by morrisunc View Post
No lounge at LAX is worth giving up 2 hours in Venice or Santa Monica
Or in n out or Manhattan Beach. Lounge vs a beer at 3rd st. Promenade. Decisions.
Old Apr 30, 15, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum - 1MM
Originally Posted by hiima View Post
Or in n out or Manhattan Beach. Lounge vs a beer at 3rd st. Promenade. Decisions.
Yes, I am leaning towards the Venice option as well.
However, if weather/time doesn't work out. Then does anyone have any experience with entering the Oneworld lounge at TBIT with a business class boarding pass (and AA platinum level) for a long-haul AA flight out of T4? Everything indicates that I should have access, but does anyone have actual prior experience?
Old Apr 30, 15, 9:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by mrtrickdk View Post
  • AA Platinum member

The easiest term used to deny people is (link) (you have to read the entire terms and conditions and not cherry pick those terms favorable to you particular situation ):

• Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.
Members have reported, several times, this particular exclusion reason used at TBIT for passengers not departing on a qualifying airline from TBIT. Fortunately, in the TBIT thread, newer reports indicate the agents have backed off; that's very good, more consistent with the other onewotl access rules. Fortunately, I'm in error and behind the times - I've been gone a month and noticed as I was doing thread maintenance for the Dashboard integration and preparing to merge threads.

Looking forward to comparing the TBIT oneworld FIrst lounge against the Flagship Lounge soon. Please post your feedback if you get a chance.

We sometimes announce a thread will be merged and not do so for a bit; this allows more visibility and more importantly a member is advised this will happen.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 30, 15 at 9:55 pm
Old May 1, 15, 1:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 5.7MM, Hilton Diamond

Looking forward to comparing the TBIT oneworld FIrst lounge against the Flagship Lounge soon. Please post your feedback if you
I flew CX881 business class on 4/30/2015 and used the Qantas FC lounge pre-departure. From a food perspective it is a notch or more above AA Flagship lounge in T4. Here you have table side service by a group of very nice staffers in white coat who take drink orders, followed by a la carte dining and dessert. I am no wine or drink connoisseur but my cabernet tastes good. Did not closely check the bar but it appears well stocked with name brands.
Other then the food and food service, I did not see anything that would make the Qantas FC lounge greater/nicer than the AA Flagship lounge.
Just my own opinions.

Last edited by JDiver; May 1, 15 at 9:06 am Reason: Close quote
Old May 1, 15, 5:28 pm

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC

You can indeed access the TBIT airside; they won't let you into the oneworld Lounge (operated by Qantas) because you're apparently not departing the TBIT itself on a oneworld flight.
Flying in to LAX from LAS and departing on BA from TBIT, can I get from T4 to TBIT airside without having to go through the TSA screening?

Thanks
Old May 1, 15, 6:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Noctilux View Post
Flying in to LAX from LAS and departing on BA from TBIT, can I get from T4 to TBIT airside without having to go through the TSA screening?

Thanks
I don't think that's possible yet unless you're departing TBIT on Qantas, in which case there's an airside shuttle bus. In the future (when we refer to LAX and future, think of the meaning of the word "maana" is Spanish - some day) there will be a way; they've announced that.
Old May 1, 15, 6:51 pm

Thanks
Not until early next year http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...ns-thread.html

But T4 to TBIT is an easy change - it's not well signposted but once you come out of the baggage hall in T4 turn left and walk for about 250 yds. The next major building you come to is TBIT and you need to go up one level to get to departures

I do this route fairly regularly and it can take anything from 10 - 30 mins from leaving T4 to being airside in TBIT as the security can be a bit of a zoo depending on the number of people going through TBIT
Old May 2, 15, 3:27 am

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC
I don't think that's possible yet unless you're departing TBIT on Qantas, in which case there's an airside shuttle bus. In the future (when we refer to LAX and future, think of the meaning of the word "maana" is Spanish - some day) there will be a way; they've announced that.
So, like "maana" but without the air of certainty that word implies; isn't the Californian usage Real Soon Now?

Thanks

Last edited by Noctilux; May 2, 15 at 3:29 am Reason: Idiocy
Old May 2, 15, 7:14 am
Original Poster

So, like "maana" but without the air of certainty that word implies; isn't the Californian usage Real Soon Now?

Thanks
Yes. Very similar to South Africa's "just now". "LAX" and "construction delays" fit nicely together in a sentence. Though I'm hoping... and looking forward to the improvement when it does come. The original "satellite" design isolated airlines from each other, this will finally bring some unison to the airport.
Old May 2, 15, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
"LAX" and "construction delays" fit nicely together in a sentence.
You've got that right.
Old Aug 18, 15, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold CCR / GGL6 months till Lifetime Gold
anyone with recent experience of using the oneworld lounge at TBIT when departing from T4 as an emerald on AA to SFO.

The posts here would suggest that is has been possible, but they are from a few months ago.

Got a 4 hour layover and that seems to long to sit in the flagship lounge for, so fancy a walk around. And have never been to the oneworld lounge.

BTW just was looking for opening times and the oneworld website says the first lounge is a Qantas lounge and the oneworld lounge is the business lounge. Be fun trying to get in!

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Aug 18, 15 at 9:44 am
Old Aug 18, 15, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
It's not worth the trouble going all the way to TBIT just for some food imo. But to each their own. Personally the less encounters i have with TSA the better, nevermind TBIT doesn't even have a precheck lane.
Old Aug 18, 15, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo View Post
anyone with recent experience of using the oneworld lounge at TBIT when departing from T4 as an emerald on AA to SFO.

The posts here would suggest that is has been possible, but they are from a few months ago.

Got a 4 hour layover and that seems to long to sit in the flagship lounge for, so fancy a walk around. And have never been to the oneworld lounge.

BTW just was looking for opening times and the oneworld website says the first lounge is a Qantas lounge and the oneworld lounge is the business lounge. Be fun trying to get in!
So does the wiki.

Search this Thread