Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Nehawk
Anyone heard an update on the progress of the First Class lounge at LAX? This is the latest I could find from ausbt.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-readi...t-class-lounge
Same site (ABT) now reports F lounge will open on December 18: http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-readi...t-class-lounge.

I'm flying QF in a few days. I assume there is no F lounge in TBIT, and I should hang out at the AA FL?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Exciting news! Will report back after my visit on the 23rd.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
From Twitter:

LAX Airport @flyLAXairport · 8h 8 hours ago
Congratulations! RT @SpeedBirdHD: @QantasUSA First Lounge opens today at @flyLAXairport!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by tom911
From Twitter:
Good stuff! Coming through in two weeks:

Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I take it emeralds can use the new Qantas F lounge if flying out of TBIT?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I take it emeralds can use the new Qantas F lounge if flying out of TBIT?
Sure can (if ticketed on a *O operated and *O marketed flight).

Better than a picture; here's a walk through: Los Angeles International First Lounge Walkthrough | Qantas
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
I'm OWE and on AA136 (LAX-LHR) in January, departing from T4. Is accessing TBIT and the QF lounge impossible?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:12 am

How Can I Make Sure My Tickets Remain Valid?

I bought tickets from AA on flights operated by US Airways. I was using paper vouchers for most of the price and paying by credit card for the rest. US Airways initially cancelled my reservation because of a mistake by the AA reservation agent (she forgot to note in the record that I was using paper vouchers). When I called AA back, they were able to get me back on the same flights at about the same cost, though it was complicated because they had to do a fare override.

AA then charged my credit card for the full price of the tickets, rather than taking into account the value of the paper vouchers I had submitted. When I called about that, they said they would refund to my credit card the value of the paper vouchers. This should have been simple, but for some reason it was not. They could not manage to do the refund. It required me to call about a dozen times, speak with four reservations supervisors, contact Customer Relations, and when all else failed, file a DOT complaint. Eventually, they gave me the refund but for unexplained reasons two-thirds of it was in the form of new paper vouchers! After another three or four more calls and an email to a senior person at AA, I finally got them to give me the correct refund to my credit card. It has been a nightmare.

But here's my question. I am nervous that with all of this activity, and refunds, etc., that somehow my reservation/tickets will be impacted (cancelled). I am paranoid that I will get to the airport and they will say "sorry you got a refund and your tickets are not valid." Of course, that is not the case. I got a refund only of the amount I overpaid for the tickets. But there has been such massive confusion around this that I am concerned.

When I look on AA's website, and put in the record locator, it says "Ticketed" and lists ticket numbers. When I look on US Air's website, and put in the US Air record locator, it lists ticket numbers and says "Active." So it all looks OK. Should I just assume it is all OK? Or is there some other way I should check to make sure? Should I call the airline? If I check in on line 24 hours in advance and I get boarding passes, then I can assume it is all OK?

Any advice for a nervous guy who is hoping that his family Christmas vacation does not get screwed up by an airline error?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
It's easy to check. Make sure you have the ticket number (starts 001) and go to www.refunds.aa.com. Use the Request A Refund section and put in the ticket number and last name (don't include the - and just put in 001xxxxxxxxx). This WONT start the refund.

If your ticket is fine you will get a banner message like " Due to the status of your itinerary we are unable to complete your refund request. Your itinerary needs to be cancelled prior to requesting a refund. Please click here to cancel your reservation and return here to submit your request. You may also contact AA Reservations at 1-800-433-7300 or your Travel Agency to cancel". Then down under Passenger Itinerary it should say Status is Ineligable. If it says these things you are fine. If not, then you will want to contact AA to check what is going on. Those two updates mean you ticket is fully functional.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not impossible; since May, if you have a boarding pass for a flight departing LAX that day you can access the airside area of any terminal there.

Whether they would let you in is another matter - there have been reports of such access being denied to the business lounge in the last few months but that may have been due to severe overcrowding pending the opening of the First area.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Great, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This is the archived thread on this topic. For the current thread, please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ed-issues.html

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 30, 2015 at 7:17 pm
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
new Qantas lounge at LAX TBIT 17 Jun 2014 (closing oneworld)

One major design flaw IMO (in First lounge) a shocking lack of power points. A few scattered around on some pillars and walls, but nothing like what you see in many other lounges where there's one per seat petty much.

If I wanted to easily charge and watch TV I'd be sitting a good 20 feet away (as it is I moved a chair and have a cable across what would otherwise be a walking route...)

Last edited by lorcancoyle; Dec 22, 2014 at 9:11 pm
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
One major design flaw IMO (in First lounge) a shocking lack of power points. A few scattered around on some pillars and walls, but nothing like what you see in many other lounges where there's one per seat petty much.

If I wanted to easily charge and watch TV I'd be sitting a good 20 feet away (as it is I moved a chair and have a cable across what would otherwise be a walking route...)
I found this similar issue in the J lounge proper. Quite surprising for a new lounge, and when you've got two or three devices that need a few electrons before a long Pacific sector.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

On a long pacific sector , most flights do have power sockets these days though, so would think power ports at the airport is not that big an issue to most

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.