Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old May 3, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jiburi
JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B Flagship Lounge
Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 8 Concourse B Admirals Cub
Link to JFK Flagship Dining reviews thread.

Link to aa.com information for JFK.

Link to JFK website.

LOCATION: Airside beyond the Security checkpoint, Mezzanine level. Request proximity card from agent for access.

NOTE: The renovated Lounge has now reopened as the "Flagship Lounge" (having temporarily operated as "International First Class Lounge"). See below for detailed access rules. Qualifying oneworld First Class and Business Class flyers and Emerald and Sapphire members bring one guest to the Flagship Lounge.

Only qualifying AA Flagship First flyers have access to Flagship First Dining. One guest permitted for international flyers, no guest for transcon flyers.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Flat screen TVs
    • Private shower suites (shared with adjacent Admirals Club)
      • Premium liquor, beer and wine
        • Meal service throughout the day
          • Computers with Internet access

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)
FULL Flagship First Dining ACCESS RULES (Link)

Complimentary access to the Flagship Lounge is offered if you are:
  • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment
    • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
      • An American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro or Platinum customer departing on or connecting to or from an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld airline, regardless of cabin flown (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld airline)
        • A oneworld First Class or Business Class international* customer departing on or connecting to or from a oneworld marketed and operated flight (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld airline)
          • A oneworld Emerald or Sapphire elite customer** (whose Emerald or Sapphire status does not come from AA) departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary

Complimentary access to Flagship First Dining is only offered if you are:
  • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. You are permitted one guest. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment in Flagship First.
    • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). No guests permitted. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment in Flagship First

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald/Platinum Pro/Platinum/Sapphire customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access

Links to other JFK Lounges threads:

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B by Gate 12 Admirals Club

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse C Gate C-42 Admirals Club

List of airlines using JFK Terminal 8:
airberlin
American Airlines / American Eagle
Cathay Pacific
Finnair
LAN / TAM
Qatar Airways

Eligible departing oneworld passengers may access the Admirals Clubs or Flagship Lounges, as listed above.

List of oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 7:
Alaska
British Airways
Iberia
Qantas
Departing eligible oneworld Emerald and First Class passengers may access:

British Airways First Lounge
LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00
NOTE: Access to First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

Departing oneworld Sapphires and Business Class passengers may access:

British Airways Galleries Lounge
LOCATION:: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00

Alaska Lounge

LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departure security
HOURS: 05:00-20:00

List of AA partner airlines using JFK Terminal 4:
El Al
Etihad Airways

List of AA / oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 1:
Japan Airlines Departing eligible passengers flying on Japan Airlines may access:

Air France Lounge
HOURS: Daily: 06:00-02:00
NOTE: The lounge is arranged over two levels. The second floor is exclusively for the use of First Class customers, JML, JGP and oneworld Emerald members. Eligible customers will be directed to the second floor by staff at reception.
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Japan Airlines

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com

Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)

Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Older posts are archived to: ARCHIVE: JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T8 Flagship Lounge / FL (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:25 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Re tipping: bartenders sometimes leave a glass with several $1 prominently sitting on the bar...a hint that they are expecting a tip.
It's a good thing that AA has no (FL) lounges in Las Vegas...the whole city revolves around tipping, when one stays there, there are magazines left in each room, noting info about shows, restaurants etc., one page is devoted to suggested tips.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
The Bridge is...fine. There's no one here now, but the menu is pretty bleh. Ambience is definitely more restaurant than a place you should stay a long time.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
The Bridge is...fine. There's no one here now, but the menu is pretty bleh. Ambience is definitely more restaurant than a place you should stay a long time.
My daughter was there around the same time. She said you took her seat! She had about the same reaction to the lounge as you, but said the service was very good.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by pmblinn
My daughter was there around the same time. She said you took her seat! She had about the same reaction to the lounge as you, but said the service was very good.
No female travelers in the Bridge while I was there, but hopefully she found a different seat.

Service was good.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
On an 8pm flight next week. I am right in assuming that the lounge will be a bit less crowded after 5-6pm?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Goodbye Term B AC hello larger Flagship. Not sure how I feel about this.

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...jfk-expanding/
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:58 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just received an email from aa, the ENTIRE b lounge at jfk will be designated a fl lounge. I'm not sure how they will merge the two current spaces?

Last edited by nrr; Aug 20, 2018 at 5:03 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
I just received an email from aa, the ENTIRE b lounge at jfk will be designated a fl lounge. I'm not sure how they will merge the two current spaces?
For now its just going to be an extension.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:10 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used the b fl on Fri, Aug 17, I took a seat near the entrance (under the current config.) The lounge was too saturated with pax; I recollected to the old fl (without expanded access), i felt the old fl was a more pleasant experience.
maybe the current AC part of b could be exp/owe/co ONLY.
ps: with lots of n/s jfk intl service gone, it shouldn't be too difficult to use gates 1-14 for intl ONLY dep.

Last edited by nrr; Aug 30, 2018 at 8:18 am Reason: spelling errors
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nrr
I used the b fl on Fri, Aug 17, I took a seat near the entrance (under the current config.) The lounge wax too saturated with pax; I recollected to the old fl (without expanded access), i felt the old fl was a more pleasant experience.
maybe the current AC part of b could be exp/owe/co ONLY.
ps: with lots of n/s jfk intl service gone, it shouldn't be too difficult to use gartes 1-14 for intl ONLY dep.
Honestly, I agree with you. Back in 2010-2013 when I'd use the former JFK FL I always found it a quiet, tranquil space and the food and drink were perfectly acceptable. These days it's unpleasant to use due to the crowding and I don't find the physical changes make up for that.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:26 am

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Went through about a week ago, my first time through any JFK lounge in several years. Sat at the bar in the annex from about 4:30PM to 6:30PM. It was quite pleasant, but was busy because everyone came in watching the Serena Williams final. Lovely bartender and assistant, always hustled over to the other bar when I asked for bourbon (I find it odd that liquor isn't stocked at that bar). I really do wish they had that burger everyone talks about, it was a menu of 4 small plates: waldorf salad, italian sausage and pepper mini sandwich, margarita like flatbread and for the life of me can't remember the fourth. The sandwich and the "fourth" were really good albeit small. The flatbread was what you'd expect from cheese pizza. Left a nice gratuity and happily hopped off to about 5 hours of sleep JFK-DUB having had plenty of food for dinner.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by gwade
Went through about a week ago, my first time through any JFK lounge in several years. Sat at the bar in the annex from about 4:30PM to 6:30PM. It was quite pleasant, but was busy because everyone came in watching the Serena Williams final. Lovely bartender and assistant, always hustled over to the other bar when I asked for bourbon (I find it odd that liquor isn't stocked at that bar). I really do wish they had that burger everyone talks about, it was a menu of 4 small plates: waldorf salad, italian sausage and pepper mini sandwich, margarita like flatbread and for the life of me can't remember the fourth. The sandwich and the "fourth" were really good albeit small. The flatbread was what you'd expect from cheese pizza. Left a nice gratuity and happily hopped off to about 5 hours of sleep JFK-DUB having had plenty of food for dinner.
Tacos?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:10 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Tacos?
Yeah...that was it...Korean BBQ tacos, very tasty!
pmblinn likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:22 pm

Is it fairly obvious how to get to the Bridge from the primary FL lounge entrance? Would the front desk just direct you or do you need to go to another entrance?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Joseliz
Is it fairly obvious how to get to the Bridge from the primary FL lounge entrance? Would the front desk just direct you or do you need to go to another entrance?
No. You need to ask for it specifically. Ask to go to the "Flagship Bridge." It appears to be staffed in the peak afternoon/evening hours only. If you don't ask, they will direct you through the automatic sliding door to the left into the main FL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.