Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wlp07
Wiki needs to be updated to show that Cathay operates out of terminal 8 now, no longer from T7. This was effective as of 1/15/17.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...er-15-jan.html

I'd update the wiki myself, but I have not the requisite posts to allow me to do so.
Done!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:41 am

Admirals Club JFK Situation

Hello, I am arriving off an international business class flight and connecting at JFK in economy but I believe I still have access. Is the Admirals Club still under renovation? Are there 2 lounges still or just 1? Has the food been enhanced at all in the meantime?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hello, I am arriving off an international business class flight and connecting at JFK in economy but I believe I still have access. Is the Admirals Club still under renovation? Are there 2 lounges still or just 1? Has the food been enhanced at all in the meantime?
There are still two ACs. One in the main terminal which has moved slightly but still accessible from the same entrance, it is under renovation. The other is in the satellite where it's always been.

Can't speak for the food as I have Flagship Lounge access, sorry.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:05 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
"In the meantime"...do you mean compared to just before the renovations? If so - no, the food is still the usual "brand standard" that is the same across all Admirals Clubs.

(I do appreciate that the Clubs have finally started catching up to their competitors over the last few years. Better late than never.)
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by wlp07
Wiki needs to be updated to show that Cathay operates out of terminal 8 now, no longer from T7. This was effective as of 1/15/17.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...er-15-jan.html

I'd update the wiki myself, but I have not the requisite posts to allow me to do so.
This is a dead link on the Cathay Pacific website.

Below is another link announcing the move on their website.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...rk-JFK-T8.html

Last edited by george 3; Feb 17, 2017 at 2:13 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:41 pm

State of Concourse B Lounge

I'll be flying in next week from South America and connecting. Can anybody who has been there the past few days tell me whether the renovation of Admirals Club in concourse B is complete or if there is a firm opening date?

Thanks,
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Gold
Has anyone been to the main/Concourse B lounge at JFK Terminal 8 recently? Next Thurs, Mar 16, I'll be flying JFK-EZE in J and am wondering whether it's worth arriving a little early to enjoy - or if the lounge still is in the temporary space on the "catwalk". Thanks for any insights!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by GManko
Has anyone been to the main/Concourse B lounge at JFK Terminal 8 recently? Next Thurs, Mar 16, I'll be flying JFK-EZE in J and am wondering whether it's worth arriving a little early to enjoy - or if the lounge still is in the temporary space on the "catwalk". Thanks for any insights!
I was there about 2 weeks ago. It's very impressive although the morning food was just okay. I think it's worth checking out.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks, @mmgm! Since you're EXP, seems like you'd get to access the First lounge. Now sure whether they might already have converted that to Flagship? I'm Plat and will be flying in business on a 2-class plane.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by GManko
I don't think it is worth arriving early to go to an AC. You are travelling in biz, so you will get plenty of service on board.
Old May 6, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EX PLAT
Long layover at JFK. Lounge hop recommendations?

Greetings all,

Have a very long layover tomorrow at JFK. Flying BNA-JFK-LHR. Flying F on AA first leg and then J on BA. Any recommendations on a good lounge (am Plat/sapphire) where I can get some quiet rest? Perhaps even sleep a bit.

Many thanks in advance.
Old May 6, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by airmarc
Greetings all,

Have a very long layover tomorrow at JFK. Flying BNA-JFK-LHR. Flying F on AA first leg and then J on BA. Any recommendations on a good lounge (am Plat/sapphire) where I can get some quiet rest? Perhaps even sleep a bit.

Many thanks in advance.
Maybe the link below is what you are looking for. There is only 1 BA lounge in terminal 7, but I think it beat the two AC in T8 (AC lounge, since you would have AC access, not first class), so probably save some time on T8, go straight to T7. Also, holding a BA J ticket allows you book a massage (walk in), which usually need to wait for hours.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html
Old May 6, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
The wife is flying JFK-LHR full fare J, bought yesterday, on AA tonight, and the lounge in T-8 gave her two alcoholic beverage tickets. Apparently there is a limit to how many drinks you can consume while you wait. She doesn't have the time to have more that one, or even the inclination, but if it were me, I'd be unhappy to be rationed for a paid Business class ticket.

Perhaps she misunderstood.

Last edited by knit-in; May 6, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Old May 6, 2017, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by knit-in
The wife is flying JFK-LHR full fare J, bought yesterday, on AA tonight, and the lounge in T-8 gave her two alcoholic beverage tickets. Apparently there is a limit to how many drinks you can consume while you wait. She doesn't have the time to have more that one, or even the inclination, but if it were me, I'd be unhappy to be rationed for a paid Business class ticket.

Perhaps she misunderstood.
You can come back for more drink chits.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Last year as part of the PTY business class deal that was popular on here, I had a long layover in JFK. I actually thought the corner of the normal AC (the one that faces the LATAM planes) was a great place for a nap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.