Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA to embark on Admirals Clubs refurbishment (2015 - consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA to embark on Admirals Clubs refurbishment (2015 - consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:03 pm

Not going to lie, the one picture makes it look a lot like the UA ORD T2 club.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Am I the only one who thinks the renderings of the new club design look sterile and really uncomfortable? I don't want to perch in an uncomfortable bar stool, I want a seat that's comfortable, ideally with power nearby and the ability to break out a laptop and work.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fordan
Am I the only one who thinks the renderings of the new club design look sterile and really uncomfortable? I don't want to perch in an uncomfortable bar stool, I want a seat that's comfortable, ideally with power nearby and the ability to break out a laptop and work.
No, it looks the same way to me. In fact, it looks like they hired whoever was in charge of making over the DL SkyClubs into the Ikea festival they are now.

I want the lounge to be a darker, quiet, relaxing environment with comfortable seating and lots of small separated rooms. The whole bright, modern, open theme should be saved for the terminal.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by remedy
Hope so!! Current PHX clubs are not too bad IMHO...
Am I alone in thinking they are too small? I've been in two of the PHX clubs -- one was upstairs and one was on the terminal level. Both were surprisingly small for a hub.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Am I alone in thinking they are too small? I've been in two of the PHX clubs -- one was upstairs and one was on the terminal level. Both were surprisingly small for a hub.
I noticed the same thing in March. Was shocked how tiny they were. I even left to go to another one thinking I just picked a bad club (not having much PHX experience from pmAA) but the other one was tiny as well.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by fastflyer
No, you're not. The high A gate club is about the size of a broom closet, I think it's rated to hold 30 people. The low A gate club isn't much better and the recently renovated B concourse club(the upstairs one) is only adequate, and still small by native AC standards.

Since everyone is predicting doom and gloom for AA at PHX, this is somewhat fascinating. Since the B club was recently refurbished, this means they must targeting the other two clubs which signals to me they plan to keep them and the operations necessary to sustain two or more clubs.

Honestly, I would have thought the ORD H/K would have demanded more priority beings that it is *tired* and it's the main club at one of AA's hubs.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:08 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
MIA - right about time Maybe Flagship Lounge one day, huh??? OK - stop dreaming...
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
CLT and PHL getting showers will be nice......
I don't know how close the article quotes the actual statements made by the Airline, but it's strange that PHL is not mentioned specifically, particularly since PHX is. This could be interpreted by some as representing a questionable future for PHL's AA Hub status. OTOH, the PHL clubs (except for the lack of showers in A-West), are in (relatively) very good shape.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by perseus11
I don't know how close the article quotes the actual statements made by the Airline, but it's strange that PHL is not mentioned specifically, particularly since PHX is. This could be interpreted by some as representing a questionable future for PHL's AA Hub status. OTOH, the PHL clubs (except for the lack of showers in A-West), are in (relatively) very good shape.
Neither is CLT. Frankly the article doesn't say much all around. A timetable of a couple of years is as vague as it gets.

AA has 4 clubs in PHL. The legacy US clubs in A-west and between B/C are quite spacious, but as mentioned the club in A-west could certainly benefit from the addition of showers. The club in F was renovated just over a year ago in the Terminal F construction.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I'm still trying to get my head around "The" PHX A/C ...

Which one?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by serfty
I'm still trying to get my head around "The" PHX A/C ...

Which one?

There are three: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/phx-club.jsp.

The one above gates A7 and A9closed temporarily effective April 27, 2015. "During this time, please visit our other locations: Concourse A, between Gates A19 and A21 Concourse B, above Gates B5 and B7."
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My guess is the remodel order will be dictated by markets where there is a competitor club first (DL or UA) and then move to cities like PIT and BUF where no one else operates a club.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
My guess is the remodel order will be dictated by markets where there is a competitor club first (DL or UA) and then move to cities like PIT and BUF where no one else operates a club.
But why? In general, Admirals Clubs are superior to DL SkyClubs and UA Clubs. They all have similar crap drink and snack offerings while the SC may be slightly elevated in terms of snacks. Otherwise the AC is a generally less obnoxiously bright and has more comfortable furniture in most circumstances. The AA and DL agents are typically far superior to those at UA, but that isn't going to change with a refurb anyway. IMO priority 1 should be getting showers in PHL and CLT.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by fordan
No. I thought I was looking at pictures of a DL SkyClub, right down to the ridiculously designed and horribly uncomfortable pod/box chairs.

I'm not sure AA feels compelled to be an industry copycat, or if they have to be a copycat why they can't pick someone with a little more taste and concern for comfort.

I agree that some clubs are ripe for refurbishment, but a simple replacement of the furniture and carpet with like colors and styles would accomplish what most customers would want.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by Stripe
No. I thought I was looking at pictures of a DL SkyClub, right down to the ridiculously designed and horribly uncomfortable pod/box chairs.

I'm not sure AA feels compelled to be an industry copycat, or if they have to be a copycat why they can't pick someone with a little more taste and concern for comfort.

I agree that some clubs are ripe for refurbishment, but a simple replacement of the furniture and carpet with like colors and styles would accomplish what most customers would want.
That chair looks horrible. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.