Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BA Peak Awards using AA Miles / BA Avios Devaluation & AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know now that the Devaluation has hit and how this will affect redeeming AA awards on peak dates. I read rumors that BA will not make these awards available to partners with their peak calendar. Be curious to hear what things are like now?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That BA is charging more for awards in its own scheme should have no impact on others redeeming on BA.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
That BA is charging more for awards in its own scheme should have no impact on others redeeming on BA.
It certainly would if they took a bunch of seats that they make available for partner redemptions and limited them to redemptions made with extra Avios.

This is pretty consistent with how it works with a lot of other frequent flier progrms--only the cheapest redemption seats are made available for partners (including by AA, which doesn't make AAnytime seats available to partners). So it wouldn't be that surprising if BA only made off-peak awards available through partners, although I have no information one way or the other as to whether that's the case.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by jordyn
It certainly would if they took a bunch of seats that they make available for partner redemptions and limited them to redemptions made with extra Avios.

This is pretty consistent with how it works with a lot of other frequent flier progrms--only the cheapest redemption seats are made available for partners (including by AA, which doesn't make AAnytime seats available to partners). So it wouldn't be that surprising if BA only made off-peak awards available through partners, although I have no information one way or the other as to whether that's the case.
Except this isn't a handful of dates like some other programs do - this is about 150ish days/year. July and August (as well as other times of the year) are only off-peak on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

As of now though, some test searches on aa.com shows BA flights on peak days with availability in all 3 classes.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Instead of asking a question, the OP could have designed an experiment, conducted it, and reported his findings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.