Help: Redeeming AA Miles: IST-MIA (OW end of May)

Old Apr 26, 15, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Help: Redeeming AA Miles: IST-MIA (OW end of May)

I am trying to redeem AA miles for May 30 or 31: IST-MIA or FLL.
I need to be back in MIA or FLL by late night of May 31.
AA, BA and Air Berlin does not work.
Iberia is very stingy too.
Qatar fly from SAW in Istanbul and the connection is bad in Doha.
I could not figure out how to check Etihad because seems like IST-MIA is not served or priced.

I am am even willing to fly to MIA from destinations that are within 750 miles (such as Cancun) and thus supplement 4,500 BA Avios to get to either FLL or MIA.

Thanks.

RM

P.S. This is a last minute trip to a wedding.

Last edited by Rumeli; Apr 26, 15 at 12:01 pm
Old Apr 26, 15, 3:41 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Rumeli View Post
I am trying to redeem AA miles for May 30 or 31: IST-MIA or FLL.
The only OW flights are to LHR, MAD, AMM and DOH. Out of those, LHR has zero availability, MAD has business class only, and DOH & AMM are OK. If your dates are fixed and the DOH connection is unacceptable, you might need to look at buying a separate ticket, e.g. fly from AYT and some routes open up such as to VIE.
Old Apr 26, 15, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Note that connecting via DOH, AUH, or AMM would require a lot more miles, as two awards would be required: Europe-Middle East, and Middle East-North America.
Old Apr 26, 15, 9:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Merhaba. AA awards begin becoming available 330 days out; this is frankly quite late to begin searching for these awards, so flexibility and commitment will be necessary to succeed.
Old Apr 26, 15, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by jridge View Post
The only OW flights are to LHR, MAD, AMM and DOH. Out of those, LHR has zero availability, MAD has business class only, and DOH & AMM are OK. If your dates are fixed and the DOH connection is unacceptable, you might need to look at buying a separate ticket, e.g. fly from AYT and some routes open up such as to VIE.
Thank you very much jridge!
AYT is indeed a brilliant idea. VIE does not work because a May 30 departure leads to a June 1 arrival in MIA.
However, Air Berlin via manageable overnight in DUS may do the trick.

I could not figure out a routing through AMM yet but thank you for pointing it out.
RM

Last edited by Rumeli; Apr 26, 15 at 12:47 pm

Search this Thread