Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD Post Issues & Discussion (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD, Post Issues & Discussion

Sometimes miles / segments / flights take longer to post in one's aa.com account.
  • AA miles may post before your flight is over
  • Partner airlines and other sources may post miles periodically, even weekly.
  • AA may run batch processes on weekends including other source miles (occasionally, accounts may appear "zeroed out" at those times).
  • Glitches may occur in posting miles.
Requests for missing miles may be entered on the aa.com webform
here
- at least 15 days after flying (requires ticket number)

For more efficient documentation of missing miles:
  • Retain your boarding passes until all miles, etc. have posted.
  • Retain a copy of your e-ticket or receipt (with ticket numbers - ticket numbers do not recycle, PNRs do)
  • Be aware of miles earning rules, particularly for one world pa enter flights operated by non-one world airlines
    See Link for math & miles Help Desk
    See Link for earning AA miles on partner airlines
Print Wikipost

Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD Post Issues & Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I had some BA ticketed/operated flights from December that never credited. Multiple submissions online and contacts to customer service with no response whatsoever. Finally called, they said it had been resubmitted, and wait 30 days. 30 days passed, no news. Called and they resubmitted again, same thing after 30 days.
Called again last week and told them that enough was enough, I'm not hanging up until you credit them. Supervisor got on the phone and had it worked out in < 5 minutes.

The AA ticketed/operated should credit quickly, but the BA flight can take a few weeks. If it exceeds 30-45 days I'd call and make sure they fix it then.

Don't throw away your ticket info or BP until they are credited
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by puchong
How long does it take nowadays for miles to get credited for
  1. AA domestic flights
  2. AA transatlantic flights originating in the US
  3. OneWorld (BA) flights originating Europe

I have some flights that are about a week old and still no sign of appearing on my AAdvantage account
My AA operated domestic flights from last week have not yet posted,which is the first time this has happened to me ,as they usually post within 2 days. I plan to give it another week before contacting AA
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
My parents just came back from Asia last week and had 8 segments flown on CX and still nothing was credited. The first segment happened 3+ weeks ago.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by freeflyin
My AA operated domestic flights from last week have not yet posted,which is the first time this has happened to me ,as they usually post within 2 days. I plan to give it another week before contacting AA
Same, 1 out of 3 segments did not post yet from last week, which is unusual. They make you wait 15 days before submitting the online form.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: UA
For my last week's flights, the credit from the mainline was posted on the next day, but the credit from the AA express hasn't been posted.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mike_L
For my last week's flights, the credit from the mainline was posted on the next day, but the credit from the AA express hasn't been posted.
Same here. Friday 3/24 mainline posted but nothing for express. Sunday 3/26 both mainline and express posted. Same thing for Mrs. controller1.

Last edited by controller1; Mar 30, 2017 at 12:33 pm Reason: Additional info
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Seems AA is trying to get shady and not award miles.
There's no reason in today's digital world for miles not to post 24-28 hours after you are scanned onto a flight - if not instantly.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
My parents just came back from Asia last week and had 8 segments flown on CX and still nothing was credited. The first segment happened 3+ weeks ago.
Does the fare they purchased earn miles?- Unless they were on full fare or higher CX doesn't give miles- most people buy discount economy and see Y on a boarding pass and think they earn miles.

Check the original receipt with ticket number and fare class- in coach it needs to be Y, B or H only.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:06 pm

If AA flights aren't posing to the account within 48 hours, 99% chance they won't and a call will fix that- no need to wait the 15 days and submit online. 800-882-8880.

I found that when my travel agent or ticket agent changes anything in the rez or I stand by for different flight, my account number can drop off- not always but it has happened. Its only happened when something in my rez changes from original ticket so hopefully down the line their IT dept will fix that issue.

I even swore I put my kids account number on the rez and got made when it didn't credit- my bad- I went back and saw I forgot to add it.

Can't credit miles if account number isn't attached.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin
Flight from Friday posted, Saturday has not yet.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyerguy1975
Does the fare they purchased earn miles?- Unless they were on full fare or higher CX doesn't give miles- most people buy discount economy and see Y on a boarding pass and think they earn miles.

Check the original receipt with ticket number and fare class- in coach it needs to be Y, B or H only.
Their ticket is in Y and according to https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ay-pacific.jsp

they will earn 100% base miles and 1.00 EQM per mile flown.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Their ticket is in Y and according to https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ay-pacific.jsp

they will earn 100% base miles and 1.00 EQM per mile flown.
Have them send bp's and receipt with ticket number to AAdvantage customer service and they'll request them. When they don't post automatically those docs are necessary.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
If AA flights aren't posing to the account within 48 hours, 99% chance they won't and a call will fix that- no need to wait the 15 days and submit online. 800-882-8880.
Thank you - I called and the agent was able to have the miles post within a few minutes. As a data point-the missing miles were on a domestic mainline on Friday.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
miles posting

Flew 3/24 DEN-LAX on Eagle, had to call today to get miles.
3/25 LAX-MIA on AA, miles posted on 3/28
3/25 MIA-DOH-CAI, rtn on 3/28 on QR (QR tkted), miles posted on 3/29
3/28 MIA-DFW-DEN, on AA, not yet posted
Go figure

Last edited by poppabear; Mar 30, 2017 at 9:07 pm Reason: add content
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:19 am

Have them send bp's and receipt with ticket number to AAdvantage customer service and they'll request them. When they don't post automatically those docs are necessary.
I told them to save all of their BP before hand. I had to fight AA in the past to get credit for CX affiliate flights and now try to save all my BP too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.