Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD Post Issues & Discussion (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD, Post Issues & Discussion

Sometimes miles / segments / flights take longer to post in one's aa.com account.
  • AA miles may post before your flight is over
  • Partner airlines and other sources may post miles periodically, even weekly.
  • AA may run batch processes on weekends including other source miles (occasionally, accounts may appear "zeroed out" at those times).
  • Glitches may occur in posting miles.
Requests for missing miles may be entered on the aa.com webform
here
- at least 15 days after flying (requires ticket number)

For more efficient documentation of missing miles:
  • Retain your boarding passes until all miles, etc. have posted.
  • Retain a copy of your e-ticket or receipt (with ticket numbers - ticket numbers do not recycle, PNRs do)
  • Be aware of miles earning rules, particularly for one world pa enter flights operated by non-one world airlines
    See Link for math & miles Help Desk
    See Link for earning AA miles on partner airlines
Print Wikipost

Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD Post Issues & Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by steves
So what is the consensus on how long to wait prior to requesting missing miles. Flying on US metal and waiting the 15 days the site requests seem a bit long.
aa.com won't allow you to request credit before the 15 days.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Wow, this seems to be a bigger problem than I thought as several here have posted missing mileage. My Monday flights posted today, now I wait on my Wednesday flights and my missing mileage from March and early April. I agree the US system and website for looking at your account I think was better.

Question- Do we still get 500 miles min? One of my segments on Monday was CLT-BWI.
I checked my account on AA.com. It says, Mileage 360, Bonus 600. How much of that is EQM and what about the 500 min?
Added to my other segment, it says Total Mileage posted 1087, when I think it should be 727+500= 1227 vs. their 1087.
The AA site doesn't breakdown EQM credited vs. non EQM.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Yep, same for me. Day three since flying and no credits. My US flights were marked as Flown that day, so I'm not concerned about credit.

Conversely, my first Aviator Red statement closed that same day, and the miles posted in < 24 hours. That quickness really surprised me.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:29 pm

Mileage Posting

I am having random flights post in random order. Keeping track of this is going to be a problem if they don't fix it soon
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I flew IB, IB as BA and AA as BA on April 23rd. I'm interested in seeing when those will post! (I generally try to avoid codeshares, but this purchase allowed me to buy one way travel LIS-MAD-JFK-SFO for much, much less than J any other way, and even most coach and all premium economy flights - we traveled SXM-LIS via motorsailing vessel, so no open jaw possible and needed the single / one way tickets.)
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
Just to followup from above - I flew US metal Tuesday afternoon and posted today - Saturday - for both myself and companion. YMMV.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Ah. My BA codeshares flown by IB and AA on 23 April have posted this weeken (this weekend's batch posting, I suspect); my LIS-MAD IB flown as IB, the least complicated as it involved no codeshares - have not posted. How weird!

May 3 update: no Iberia LIS-MAD flight miles yet. It's only 500 miles, but...

Last edited by JDiver; May 3, 2015 at 9:11 am
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I flew AS on Weds (4/22) with my AA FF# and nothing yet as of Monday; anyone seeing AS miles posting recently?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
I flew R/T leaving on 4/16, returning on 4/19. My 4/16 points posted, but not the 4/19. I flew this past weekend leaving on 4/23, returning on 4/26, and none of them are there either.... but the 4/19 ones should have posted long before now.

I'm a little extra concerned, because I'm close to hitting my status challenge, and the date deadline is getting close, although with the flights that are waiting to be posted should have enough EQM to get me there on my status challenge.

Edit: AA Status challenge, with most flown on AA, except these last two trips flown on US metal, booked on US, although the livery was actually AA on one of the many legs.

Last edited by ohange; Apr 27, 2015 at 12:30 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by ckendall
I flew AS on Weds (4/22) with my AA FF# and nothing yet as of Monday; anyone seeing AS miles posting recently?
Both my 4/22 and 4/24 flights posted on my account today so all is well for now.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:03 am
SK

Thumbs down Finnair codeshares

I flew two Finnair coded flights, operated by AA, on April 4 and April 14.
Neither has posted yet. I should probably start thinking of submitting a missing mileage claim soon.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Delete

Last edited by MarkP24; Apr 29, 2015 at 10:07 pm Reason: delete
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
I flew AA flights (first ones credited to AAdvantage since 1990) on Monday morning, and they posted later that same day! Conversely, my US flights from last Saturday didn't post to AAdvantage until today.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
Mileage Posting Times

Hi all,
Before the merger of my Dividend Miles # to a AAdvantage # miles would post to my account after a few days. Since the merger when my DM# was converted to an AA # and as of today, I've flew 6 segments booked through US Airways. None of those miles have posted yet and the earliest flight was on 01-Apr-2015 (PHL to SFO).

Booking through US Airways, does it really take 30 days or more for the miles to post or should I file a missing miles claim?

From those flights I finally have enough miles to the first elite status (and avoiding being stuck in the later zones!).

Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks.

Last edited by belmate85; May 1, 2015 at 6:37 pm
Old May 1, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by belmate85
Hi all,
Before the merger of my Dividend Miles # to a AAdvantage # miles would post to my account after a few days. Since the merger when my DM# was converted to an AA # and as of today, I've flew 6 segments booked through US Airways. None of those miles have posted yet and the earliest flight was on 29-May.
Welcome to FT. Do you mean your earliest flight was March 29?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.