Just completed an Admirals Club member survey

Old Apr 16, 15, 12:58 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: an inch longer than you. Seriously, this is BS just for bragging.
Posts: 1,176
Just completed an Admirals Club member survey

I'm an AAdmirals Club member and was just sent a survey to complete.
The gist of it was how well they were doing in service, how I liked the new complimentary food offerings, what I'd prefer instead of what they have now, how often I purchase and how I liked the food-for-purchase, and interestingly, if they had more complimentary food would I buy as much food-for-purchase. They wanted me to compare them in several areas to DL and UA clubs. Maybe they do this all the time but I thought at least they are trying to keep on top of service.

Do they send these out all the time?
LovePrunes is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 3:28 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,372
Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
I'm an AAdmirals Club member and was just sent a survey to complete.
The gist of it was how well they were doing in service, how I liked the new complimentary food offerings, what I'd prefer instead of what they have now, how often I purchase and how I liked the food-for-purchase, and interestingly, if they had more complimentary food would I buy as much food-for-purchase. They wanted me to compare them in several areas to DL and UA clubs. Maybe they do this all the time but I thought at least they are trying to keep on top of service.

Do they send these out all the time?
I got one. DL does better on the complimentary food and beer and wine are self serve, which I like. I've seen these AC surveys before.
newyorkgeorge is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 3:49 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SAN
Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Posts: 1,261
Yeah I filled out mine earlier. On the last question I brought up installing showers in the U.S. clubs (particularly those with international connections) and more reclining lounge chairs.
AA-Flyer-SAN is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 3:57 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,372
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN View Post
Yeah I filled out mine earlier. On the last question I brought up installing showers in the U.S. clubs (particularly those with international connections) and more reclining lounge chairs.
From what the agent at CLT told me last night they have been told that at least CLT and PHL will at some point will get remodeled and showers installed. Showers at DCA would be nice too.
newyorkgeorge is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 5:58 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 6,192
Got it too and completed it. I asked for soup to be out earlier than 3pm and to be able to get a tomato juice without a hassle in the morning before the "bar officially opens". For some reason it's such a stretch for the LGA club to get me a tomato juice before 8am :/
AANYC1981 is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 6:03 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,372
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
Got it too and completed it. I asked for soup to be out earlier than 3pm and to be able to get a tomato juice without a hassle in the morning before the "bar officially opens". For some reason it's such a stretch for the LGA club to get me a tomato juice before 8am :/
LGA used to have tomato juice out in the morning, haven't been in LGA for over a year though.
newyorkgeorge is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 8:09 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: PHL, DFW & FLL/PBI
Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 192
I put showers also so good to hear the hubs may have them added.
quattroking is offline  
Old Apr 17, 15, 1:02 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: an inch longer than you. Seriously, this is BS just for bragging.
Posts: 1,176
interesting...i only had a question of whether i used the showers, which i checked yes, but didn't ask my thoughts about more showers at other locations. Do none of the former USAir clubs have showers? They definitely need to fix that at the hubs at least.
LovePrunes is offline  
Old Apr 17, 15, 4:37 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: PHL, DFW & FLL/PBI
Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 192
Definitely no showers in PHL, CLT or PHX.
quattroking is offline  
Old Apr 17, 15, 7:45 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SAN
Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Posts: 1,261
New chairs would be nice. Who ever sat in this one exceeded the weight limitations.......

AA-Flyer-SAN is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 10:31 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 978
Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
how often I purchase and how I liked the food-for-purchase, and interestingly, if they had more complimentary food would I buy as much food-for-purchase.
I marked that I never purchase food in the club. Next they asked me what they could do to encourage me to purchase food, and then about my specific dietary preferences (low sodium, low fat, organic, vegetarian, etc.). So it seems the survey does change depending on your answers to previous questions.

I was glad for the section on "outstanding experiences" because sometimes I don't get around to writing in to commend specific employees who go above and beyond.

Sorry to the soup-lovers: I only marked it as somewhat important
_kurt is offline  
Old Apr 22, 15, 11:42 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,504
Nice that they're getting some feedback on this. Would be great if they had something more substantial in terms of complimentary food during the lunch hours. I often find myself in ACs over lunch doing work between flights and it's the snack-mix-only dead zone. Also would be great in general if ACs had something complimentary and substantial that could serve as an entree-ish item, like the DL chicken salad or AS chili. Sorry, but they're never going to convince me to pay for food in the AC, unless it was priced at some level that undercut the competition elsewhere in terminal (which isn't going to happen).
arlflyer is offline  
Old Apr 22, 15, 4:07 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Posts: 2,174
With the rebanking, does anyone even have time to spend in the ACs anymore?
no1cub17 is offline  
Old Apr 22, 15, 5:54 pm
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,372
Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
With the rebanking, does anyone even have time to spend in the ACs anymore?
I find myself running into the CLT AC for 5 minutes to put some veggies, crackers and cookies into a couple of paper cups for in flight. Might have time for a quick cup of soup.
newyorkgeorge is offline  
Old Apr 22, 15, 8:30 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,504
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge View Post
I find myself running into the CLT AC for 5 minutes
Ah CLT, home of the frighteningly short legal connection. Even before any rebanking or such, I always have found myself with almost nonexistent connecting times on paper. And yet, miraculously, I always end up with enough time to go to the AC as you mention - even if I have a transit to the E terminal! Though I don't do the take-away thing. Gotta love CLT for efficient connections, knock on wood.
arlflyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread