Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Award travel ticketed but not enough seats on on leg--strategy advice request

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

So next week flying ORD-MIA-LIR and return. Party is two adults and a six year old.

We're golden on 3 of the 4 legs. Concern is MIA-LIR. We're ticketed, but there are only 2 individual seats (far apart) available to selection at present. I'm fairly comfortable knowing the seats for that leg will be check-in or gate assigned, thinking that agent will make sure the 6 year old is not by her lonesome. If one of the adults has to sit solo for that leg, so be it.

I guess my nagging concern is: does being "seat unassigned" make one more likely or at risk of being bumped? I have no idea about that, maybe it's a crazy thought. But if that is the case maybe we're better off selecting the 2 seats for the adults, with the thinking that they won't leave the child behind?

AAdvice or perspective on this situation much appreciate!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:21 pm

you should be good. gate will still have some unassigned seats at their discretion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.