Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

US Airways and LAA plane repainting / new livery

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways and LAA plane repainting / new livery

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Cargojon
My office is about 3 miles from PHL airport, and when I get on 95 to go home, I get a decent view of Terminal A. Last week I was really surprised to see almost 100% of the planes painted.

I saw a couple of Dash 8's taking off that were already painted too.
I've had the great (mis)fortune to encounter about a half dozen repainted Dash-8s so far this year. Hadn't US (Piedmont) announced that they'd be retiring all of that fleet within the next few years, or am I misremembering something? If so, I wouldn't have expected them to be repainted at all, let alone so relatively quickly.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
I've had the great (mis)fortune to encounter about a half dozen repainted Dash-8s so far this year. Hadn't US (Piedmont) announced that they'd be retiring all of that fleet within the next few years, or am I misremembering something? If so, I wouldn't have expected them to be repainted at all, let alone so relatively quickly.
Not sure about the DASH8 but retirement plans seem to shift sometimes. I recall the Enovy (nee Eagle) E140s were supposed to retire by the end of 2014. Not only are they still in the fleet today but they've even painted at least one in the new livery.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by ty97
Not sure about the DASH8 but retirement plans seem to shift sometimes. I recall the Enovy (nee Eagle) E140s were supposed to retire by the end of 2014. Not only are they still in the fleet today but they've even painted at least one in the new livery.
Just as an observation - all planes need to be repainted periodically. If you have a new livery, why wouldn't you use it? To use the old livery instead would require stocking two sets of paints.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
I asked my friend about the livery painting and he sent me this pic

Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
I asked my friend about the livery painting and he sent me this pic

I'm assuming that Q4 2017 figure takes into account by then the retirement of all MD80s and whatever PM AA 757s and 763s that will be taken out of service by the end of 2017. I wonder if the A320s that will be retired during 2016 and 2017 will remain with the US livery.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Any idea what the percentage of US planes painted is now? I was at CLT this am and only saw one mainline 321 in US colors - every other one in all terminals was new livery.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by morrisunc
Any idea what the percentage of US planes painted is now? I was at CLT this am and only saw one mainline 321 in US colors - every other one in all terminals was new livery.
This page tracks reprinting to the new livery from both legacy AA and US:
https://sites.google.com/site/newamericanfleet/
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by phlwookie
This page tracks reprinting to the new livery from both legacy AA and US:
https://sites.google.com/site/newamericanfleet/
I think the 321s are down to less than 15. Saw a few last week at both PHL and CLT. A few more 190s still in the US livery as well as a bunch of RJs. Originally the repainting for LUS was suppose to be completed by mid year, or now. I'm not sure if AA can take a/c offline for repainting in the busier summer travel season. Might be seeing the US livery through near year end.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by morrisunc
I was in PHL last week and saw few US livery mainline aircraft, more than a few regionals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.