Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined Economy and Business Flight - Priority Check-In & Luggag

Old Apr 6, 15, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K

Hi,

I have an upcoming one-way AA flight booked with my Avios points that has the first segment in economy and the 2nd in business (mixed cabins due to availability issues). The BA agent told me that I would have access to the business class luggage capacity of 3 bags for the whole trip.

But what about priority check-in at the airport? Would I have access to that since I have one segment in Business or not since the first is not.

Thanks in advance

Note: I have no status on AA or BA.
Old Nov 14, 15, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
You won't have priority access as the first leg is in Economy. Same goes for lounge benefits for the first segment of your journey.
BA allow the highest baggage capacity of a segment as the standard for the entire trip which is why you are able to use 3 bags.
Old Nov 14, 15, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
You by all means would have access to the priority check in line and you should be given the business class luggage allowance.
Old Nov 14, 15, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Absolutely use the business class checkin. If your business class flight is eligible for lounge access (not all routes are on AA), then you'll be eligible before your economy segment as well in most cases.

Search this Thread