Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
Still no Flagship Lounge updates? It's hard to understand how their main TATL hub doesn't have this amenity. Could the lack of action end up being a good thing - maybe they're going more ambitious than what was previously reported in TPG - hence the delays?
PHL had an awesome Envoy lounge--on par if not better than the AA Flagship lounges (at least the 3 I've been to)--but that went away around the time of the merger. There weren't showers, but otherwise I'd say similar offerings.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage
Top 3 Lounges at PHL?

I'm traveling to DBV soon and I was wondering what the best lounge is at PHL? I would like to have a little something to eat too. So I was wondering what the top THREE lounges in PHL. Because I do have a longer layover then usual. I am a AMEX Plat cardholder too if that lounge is any good.

P.S. Anyone know what terminal the PHL-DBV flight operates out of? Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
AMEX lounge is way too crowded and loud, I’d avoid; BA lounge usually will deny access if you are not flying BA (> 90% denial for me even though I’m a BA gold/emerald member and trying to access when flying AA operated flights); AA lounge is your best choice ... actually I do think the AA lounge is quite decent as it is still quite new.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage
Ok thanks. So which admirals club do you think I should go to? Which terminal? Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AALGoldFlyer
I'm traveling to DBV soon and I was wondering what the best lounge is at PHL? I would like to have a little something to eat too. So I was wondering what the top THREE lounges in PHL. Because I do have a longer layover then usual. I am a AMEX Plat cardholder too if that lounge is any good.

P.S. Anyone know what terminal the PHL-DBV flight operates out of? Thanks.
DBV will operate out of A-East or A-West. There are Admirals Clubs in both. They offer the same in terms of food and beverage (which is not up to par with what I expect from lounges in international terminals). The only other options you will have is the Centurion Lounge in A-West, but it does get crowded. AA also has a much larger lounge in the B-C connector. You get more space but nothing more in terms of food and beverage. Only other lounged in PHL are the BA, UA and DL lounges. For you need to have day of use flights to access.

My advice is to eat in the terminal if you are looking for better food options and then find your way to a lounge.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Sounds like the A-West AC has closed for upgrade. Received the email below for today’s flight.

Temporary club closure

Philadelphia International (PHL) Terminal A

The A-West Admirals Club® lounge will be undergoing renovations to make room for a new Flagship Lounge.

During this time, please enjoy the clubs in:
  • Terminal A East club (between gates A15 and A16)
  • Terminal B/C club (between Terminals B and C)
  • Terminal F (on level 2 above food court)

Last edited by Mr. BoH; Oct 1, 2019 at 11:10 am
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Sounds like the A-West AC has closed for upgrade. Received the email below for today’s flight.

Temporary club closure

The A-West Admirals Club® lounge will be undergoing renovations to make room for a new Flagship Lounge.

https://viewfromthewing.com/camerica...bout-to-begin/
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH

Temporary club closure

So the more I read this message the more confused I get. It says to go to “A-East between gates A15 and A16”. But isn’t A-West between A15 and A16?

Are they really closing the large A-West club and cram everyone into A-East? That is going to be tight.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Yes, their messaging is wrong. A-West, at gates A15 and A16 is closed. The A-East club, below A6A is still open.

Reports have been that both A-East and B/C are standing-room only. I used Centurion on Monday evening, and it was its usual pre-TATL rush; still space to have a seat.

I don't recall which thread or blog, but have heard the target reopening is July 2020.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:34 pm

I was in B/C today, and it was only ~60% full. I did notice the “no day passes available” sign posted. I guess that will be up indefinitely.

I would expect B/C will be manageable, as it is fairly large, and a bit of a walk from A anyway. But it sounds like A-East will be a zoo for the next nine months.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I really don't understand PHL.....most flights have no entertainment and no power, and even the AC's are severly lacking in power. I'm at the B/C PHL club right now and trying to find a spot to charge my laptop is like a scavenger hunt. I see the plug on the lamps but most people are completely hogging both the USB and laptop plugs.....then there are all these random chairs just sitting around with no charging possible whatsoever.

Who designs a network in 2019 with poor pre-flight charging in a premium club I am paying for and no power on your flight? It's like intended torture to a traveler.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I really don't understand PHL.....most flights have no entertainment and no power, and even the AC's are severly lacking in power. I'm at the B/C PHL club right now and trying to find a spot to charge my laptop is like a scavenger hunt. I see the plug on the lamps but most people are completely hogging both the USB and laptop plugs.....then there are all these random chairs just sitting around with no charging possible whatsoever.

Who designs a network in 2019 with poor pre-flight charging in a premium club I am paying for and no power on your flight? It's like intended torture to a traveler.
Try also looking on the sides of those tables. Usually the tables along the walkway has an outlet and sometimes the corner tables. Plus check the multiple cubicles / business workspaces. Often those seats fill up last. Yes, lack of power at the tables in bistro seating area or random chairs is an annoyance. This lounge hasn’t been updated in years and won’t be until after Flagship remodel in terminal A.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AANYC1981

Just our very special way of saying Welcome!
Segments and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Sitting in the B/C AC right now and there's 8 USB and 8 outlets within 10 feet of me. I'm not sure what you're powering up but most here seem to get by just fine.
McSam18 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Sitting in the B/C AC right now and there's 8 USB and 8 outlets within 10 feet of me. I'm not sure what you're powering up but most here seem to get by just fine.
You do realize that New Yorkers take every opportunity to trash ANYTHING Philadelphia. It's part of their culture
AANYC1981 likes this.

Last edited by perseus11; Oct 18, 2019 at 10:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.