Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by florens
The lounge proposition at PHL is a joke for longhaul premium customers. The food is not adequate at all for longhaul customers who want to dine before the flight. AA really needs to open that Flagship Lounge ASAP.
Going to ZRH soon from PHL, I can't agree more and still don't understand why it is not the priority.
florens likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Going to ZRH soon from PHL, I can't agree more and still don't understand why it is not the priority.
Now if you were THE AC, we might have some leverage
Old May 12, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by perseus11
Now if you were THE AC, we might have some leverage
If I were THE AC I would have flown private.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Terminal F Admirals Club Lounge Closed for Repairs

Apologies if I missed this announcement elsewhere: the lounge in Terminal F at PHL is closed except for "limited" amenities, which consist of a table with some bottles of water and some bags of chips and I'm not sure what else. A representative is there to hand out the refreshments and answer questions. The lounge is curtained off, and there is some kind of repair work or construction going on behind the curtains. Hope it's the promised upgrading.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Joanna2360
Apologies if I missed this announcement elsewhere: the lounge in Terminal F at PHL is closed except for "limited" amenities, which consist of a table with some bottles of water and some bags of chips and I'm not sure what else. A representative is there to hand out the refreshments and answer questions. The lounge is curtained off, and there is some kind of repair work or construction going on behind the curtains. Hope it's the promised upgrading.
Thanks for posting this. I'll have to get breakfast at B/C and then bus it over to F tomorrow morning. I'll try to check in on Friday when I return to see if I can pump the club rep for more info for the thread.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Thanks for posting this. I'll have to get breakfast at B/C and then bus it over to F tomorrow morning. I'll try to check in on Friday when I return to see if I can pump the club rep for more info for the thread.
Hopefully they're expanding it. I know it's the RJ terminal but I still think the F AC is way small. Great location, though.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by travelmad478
I would not call the BA lounge food "poor." It's actually quite decent. Bear in mind that while as a Gold you will be able to access the F side of the lounge, you will not be able to eat dinner there unless you are ticketed in F. There is, however, a very passable dinner buffet on the J side which you will have access to for pre-flight dining. Proper plates/cutlery/glassware etc. as well as nice choices for food. Is it a sit-down restaurant with waiter service? No, but it's certainly as good as the Flounge at LHR--except for the wine, unfortunately.

Avoid the AA lounge if you want to eat real food. It's as bad as every other AA lounge.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
I would agree with this post. Always try to get into the BA lounge. As stated earlier. Not always able if not on BA. Also agree that the old Envoy lounge was nice.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Joanna2360
Have we heard any more on this, and what the timeline to finish is if still closed? Loungebuddy app is saying closed, but AA’s site doesn’t show it as closed...
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by fordan
Have we heard any more on this, and what the timeline to finish is if still closed? Loungebuddy app is saying closed, but AA’s site doesn’t show it as closed...
It was still closed when I went through PHL this week. Curtained off, but it didn't look like any work was happening. I was having the agent switch my flights and forgot to ask about timeline.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by fordan
The Club in terminal F is fully open again with all usual AC services available.

I was there Monday and it appeared to have been given a (very) light refurbishment. I didn't see any truly major changes, but I'm not in that lounge often so there may be changes I missed.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Many thanks for the update. At the same time, well, heck--I was hoping for a real upgrade. Being in an Express town, I cannot avoid Terminal F. But, again, thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
I was in the A-West AC yesterday and the AAngels told me that it was closing completely in January for the conversion to Flagship lounge.
travelmad478 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Clark Casual
I was in the A-West AC yesterday and the AAngels told me that it was closing completely in January for the conversion to Flagship lounge.
Great news, only down fall is B/C is a little of a trek and the little basement AC is awful.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Pasqualle7
Great news, only down fall is B/C is a little of a trek and the little basement AC is awful.
I assume you're talking about the (little) A-East Club.
Pasqualle7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.