Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by scubamom
How long does the shuttle usually take from A1 to F?
As the shuttle is not an Admiral's lounge function, I refer you to the thread that discusses all things Philadelphia airport. You will find it most helpful.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-combined-airline-program/958317-aa-guide-phl-philadelphia-international-airport-lus.html

(P.S. Mod updated it to the combined AA forum since it was mentioned two posts up).

Last edited by Segments; Oct 17, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by scubamom
How long does the shuttle usually take from A1 to F?
10 minutes or so. It an vary by other ground vehicular traffic and planes taxiing. The shuttle from C16 to F is a tad shorter, maybe 6-7 minutes. These aren't scientific measurements but are in line with my experience.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:41 am

Thanks! Sounds like we'll just hop the shuttle to F and hang out in that Admirals Club. Wonder if they have sandwiches, etc to order like some of the other clubs?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)

The club has very limited items for purchase. If you want a meal versus the free snacks I'd recommend the food court downstairs. Lot's of good options.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hello! I'll be flying out of PHL monthly, usually on a Monday morning on the way to the West coast. Just looking for a place to hide out for a few mins. I'll try all my options but does anyone have any feedback on which is best? I don't mind a walk.

Thanks for reading!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:06 am

We made it both ways from Corpus Christi Texas to Providence via Philly and all your helpful ideas were great! Once we figured out where the shuttle was, it was a short ride to Terminal F which we LOVED! Central food court with the Admirals Club on second level. Great little club, nice snacks, small bar, and had everything we needed to hang out for an hour. Gate was only a short walk - like being in a small airport.

On the way back, we went from B to A. I found a great map of PHL terminals http://maps.phl.org/phl/ and by zooming in on my iPhone, found everything, including gates, clubs, restaurants, etc. So glad to have found this!

The signage at PHL leaves much to be desired and we ended up with a troup of fellow Texans following us to the flight to DFW - most said they would have been completely lost. Guess we are all used to the DFW airport with signs all over the place, plus a super airport app that can be downloaded.

Overall, our experience was good.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
I dropped in today, my 1st as a AC member, and must say I was pretty impressed !! I did not have much time to dilly dally as I had a connection in 1 hour. It was nice just to have a comfy chair a bagel with cream cheese and a hot coffee while checking email etc on much better internet that "free" one in the airport. I bought a 30 day trial and will be upgrading to a yearly membership as traveling from CRW or HTS I have some long connection times in CLT usually.

I think it will really come in handy when I get delayed for hours somewhere this winter.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond
US Lounges - awful service at PHL

I can't get my head around this, in a country that is so massively service oriented, everything about the lounges in the States is awful, from a service point of view.

Just getting into the Admirals Lounge in PHL was like talking to someone at the post office. I got in thru OW status, and within about 10 seconds she said "you'll have to pay $50 for a daily pass". I politely told her that I had OW status, and on it went. Eventually, she gave me my BP and said "have a nice day" in a tone that wasn't the most pleasant.

At the bar, service is awful. The guy looks like he wants to commit suicide. I asked a question, and he turned around and just bluntly said "what?".

I've had this experience in multiple US lounges. What gives?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jeffers
I can't get my head around this, in a country that is so massively service oriented, everything about the lounges in the States is awful, from a service point of view.
Just getting into the Admirals Lounge in PHL was like talking to someone at the post office. I got in thru OW status, and within about 10 seconds she said "you'll have to pay $50 for a daily pass". I politely told her that I had OW status, and on it went. Eventually, she gave me my BP and said "have a nice day" in a tone that wasn't the most pleasant.
At the bar, service is awful. The guy looks like he wants to commit suicide. I asked a question, and he turned around and just bluntly said "what?".
I've had this experience in multiple US lounges. What gives?
It's Philadelphia. Why would you expect anything different?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
It's Philadelphia. Why would you expect anything different?
Funny, I used to think the same thing when I first came here, but Philly is a really nice city with great service and some of the best food I've come accross in the States.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
I've always found the lounge staff to be excellent in Admiral's Clubs. They've always been polite and helpful, and offered drinks vouchers.

I've never had a problem with the bar staff, even when they've been super busy.

I've never seen this in ACs, but I have seen it and heard of it in bars and restaurants in tourist areas. Staff can be somewhat cold towards people with British accents, in anticipation of being stiffed on the tip. It's happened to them too many times before.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:01 am

Maybe it's just a one off to be this bad, but in general I have found service to be below what you'd expect.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GfL
Maybe my experience a few weeks ago in the "little" Admirals lounge in A-East at PHL can offset this. A friend and I were outside the locked door at 04:30 one morning (which is when the lounge is supposed to open), waiting for our 05:10 flight to DFW and just hoping for a coffee and a yogurt. A back-of-house lounge employee was waiting there with us--whoever was supposed to open the door and sit at the desk had called in sick, but no one had told her, so we were all hanging around waiting with no idea what was going on. Finally, at around 4:45, someone finally came and opened the lounge up. Since our flight was just about to board, we turned away sadly, but she told us to come on in and she'd help us get what we needed. We raced in, and while made ourselves hot drinks in the Keurig, this employee ran into the back and brought us out four yogurts to take with us. She was extremely nice and helpful, and we boarded in good time. So...jeffers may have caught someone having a bad day, but it's not like that every day.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by HilFly
I've never seen this in ACs, but I have seen it and heard of it in bars and restaurants in tourist areas. Staff can be somewhat cold towards people with British accents, in anticipation of being stiffed on the tip. It's happened to them too many times before.
Cause and effect - I'm happy to tip (generously even by US standards) for good service, but I don't tip anything for surly/rude service whatever the local norm may be.

I can't remember any issues at ACs - in fact, the front desk staff have gone above and beyond to help me on multiple occasions when flights have been delayed. If only the staff at BA lounges had the access to offer the same sort of service.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:41 pm

Seems like an anomoly then! I'll be sure to post again next time when I have a good experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.