Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: free agent
What is it with WiFi and data connections in general at PHL? Anyone else experienced any issues recently?

The PHL B/C club has the worst WiFi I've experienced in a while. 0.5Mbps at best. But even my AT&T LTE is only about 2.5Mbps in here. When GoGo is faster, you know it's bad!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:09 pm

My wife and i are fly F class on Lufthansa to FRA, what lounges are we allowed to access and which one is the best. Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Vballer73
My wife and i are fly F class on Lufthansa to FRA, what lounges are we allowed to access and which one is the best. Thanks
Probably not the best forum for that question since this is the AA forum -- and you will not have access to the Admirals Clubs (unless you are an AC member) or the BA Lounge.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
What is it with WiFi and data connections in general at PHL? Anyone else experienced any issues recently?

The PHL B/C club has the worst WiFi I've experienced in a while. 0.5Mbps at best. But even my AT&T LTE is only about 2.5Mbps in here. When GoGo is faster, you know it's bad!
I was badly disappointed with the WIFI & free food offering at this location yesterday. This club does not seem to be keeping the same standards as other Admirals Clubs.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:59 am

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/

Shows the BA lounge and AA clubs open.

Departing to VCE on the 10th Sep - Am one world Sapphire so have access to both lounges.

Which is better the BA or Admirals or am I asking a rhetorical question and should just go to the BA lounge?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by BigGrecian
am I asking a rhetorical question and should just go to the BA lounge?
^
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by BigGrecian
Which is better the BA or Admirals or am I asking a rhetorical question and should just go to the BA lounge?
Yes, the BA lounge is a little nicer, with better food and beverage. But not dramatically so; it's a small room with views of the inside of the terminal. (It's on the departures level with glass separating the lounge from the walkway.) In practice, BA may not even let you in if you're not on BA metal, citing capacity issues.

If you get turned away from the BA lounge, the largeish former US lounge in B/C is fine (good views of the airfield and not very crowded in my experience). It will be a bit of a walk to the A gates where the VCE flight will depart from. The A West East US/AA lounge is small and dark. I've not been in A East West.

None of the lounges in PHL (BA or AA/US) are special (and none have showers), but none of them are all that bad either. (If the AA/US lounges in A West or F are special, I stand corrected, but I'd be very surprised.)

Last edited by ashill; Aug 24, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
I think you have A-East and A-West reversed. A-East is dark and tiny, located on the lower level by gate A6. The lounge in A-West is expansive, (by gate A15) but does get busy with the outbound international flights. At one time this was the Envoy lounge (at least part of it was); but now food and beverage are pretty much the same.

If your departure gate is A14 or higher, you are on the A-West side.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Flyer78
I think you have A-East and A-West reversed. A-East is dark and tiny, located on the lower level by gate A6. The lounge in A-West is expansive, (by gate A15) but does get busy with the outbound international flights. At one time this was the Envoy lounge (at least part of it was); but now food and beverage are pretty much the same.

If your departure gate is A14 or higher, you are on the A-West side.
Thanks, you're right. Fixed.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by ashill
Thanks, you're right. Fixed.
You meant "if the A-West is special, you'd be surprised" !

Personally, I think A-West is actually the nicest of all of the US lounges in PHL, but as noted above it can get very busy with int'l pax around the early evening departure slot.

Most people turn right into the section that has the bar; I always turn left where it's usually quieter. There is food on both sides and the soups are usually different on both sides, too. Also, on the left side is a fridge with self-serve sodas; a remnant of the club's former use.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:00 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Personally, I think A-West is actually the nicest of all of the US lounges in PHL, but as noted above it can get very busy with int'l pax around the early evening departure slot.
+1
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:28 am

We have a "milk run" from Corpus Christi via DFW to PHL to PVD on Tuesday.... never connected through PHL (tried to avoid it by going through CLT, but schedule change threw us via PHL. Flying a 319 into PHL so assume it goes into B? Flying out of dreaded F. Have a 3 (ACK) hour layover and am wondering which Admirals Club to hang out in and if there's any decent restaurants for afternoon food.

ANY help/advice would be appreciated.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)

F terminal is fine due to recent upgrades throughout terminal and refresh to Admirals Club. It is smaller than the B/C club but offerings are the same. With a 3 hour layover you could use either club but remember you must take a shuttle bus to F to stay airside.

Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by scubamom
Have a 3 (ACK) hour layover and am wondering which Admirals Club to hang out in and if there's any decent restaurants for afternoon food.

ANY help/advice would be appreciated.
For meal and long layover options see the PHL thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation/958317-us-guide-phl-philadelphia-international-airport.html
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:25 pm

How long does the shuttle usually take from A1 to F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.