Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:50 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
I certainly will miss the BA lounge.

Same here - that was the jewel of the system. It will be missed for sure.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by perseus11
BA does not share lounges with any other carrier.

I really doubt the new AA lounge is anything other than a temporary measure until they decide what to do with PHL in the long term. It'll be interesting to see if top OW carriers like QR are going to want something a bit better than the standard domestic lounges.
They actually do share a lounge with AA in Denver.

As for Qatar, it has decided to build a dedicated lounge in Miami. No idea about Dallas and Philadelphia.

Originally Posted by Majuki
It's why there are no Flagship Lounges at DFW or MIA even though both airports have planes with 3-class service with international first class.
There is no Flagship lounge at MIA because, due to construction, the Flagship lounge was turned into a combined IB-BA-AA lounge, which AA premium long-haul passengers (but not AC members unless your flight leaves from Concourse E) can use.

A new Flagship lounge will be opening at MIA's gate D37, while BA opens a new lounge near gate D16.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
It is an AC in name only at this point. But I don't think there's any reason to panic yet w/r/t aesthetics and amenities (for either side). US probably had plans for this club in place long before the airlines officially merged. As for what a "true" New AA club will look like, I don't think anyone outside of AA really knows.
What's the beer/wine selection in this club. Is it the Bud/Bud lite and cheap wine that US Airways Club has or the AC selection including free booze as well?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:33 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by Speedracer2
What's the beer/wine selection in this club. Is it the Bud/Bud lite and cheap wine that US Airways Club has or the AC selection including free booze as well?
As opposed to the top shelf beer and wine that is free in the AC?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
As opposed to the top shelf beer and wine that is free in the AC?
LOL!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: American AAdvantage ExecPlat, Former DL Skymiles Diamond (MM), Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Looks to be the old DL SC. Good to see it back in operation.
You mean the DL Skyclub in PHL wasn't always the size of a closet?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I'm in the PHL Admirals Club now. I agree that this is an Admirals Club in name only. Even the AT&T WiFi comes up to usairways.com after you login. The staff from the front desk at the co-located Admirals Club / BA Galleries Lounge has moved over. The lounge is small but adequate. I think seating could be problematic during peak times if people are able to find the lounge. It's well hidden!

Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Thanks for the photos, I'm hoping to have time to check it out tomorrow.

I have to admit to being surprised that they put it in with the proximity of the A-West US club, which is about a 5 minute walk from there. Not complaining though as it should reduce the risk of club overcrowding.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Reserved

Last edited by JDiver; May 8, 2015 at 6:01 pm
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:15 am
Original Poster

It's time to start a new master thread, since there have been changes in lounges And Clubs (as well as rebranding) for PHL. I'll add thread links to existing threads of interest.
Old May 11, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Do any of the PHL lounges have a kid's area or an area that will be relatively out of the way to avoid bothering others and minimize distractions as we try to get the little one down before the flight?

We'll be flying PHL-FRA (20:35 departure) on US in coach with a one-year-old (Sapphire status-based lounge access). Planning to get to the airport with tons of time to spare, but lounge-hopping is not high on my priority list. I've been in the B/C lounge a few times, but never in the others.

Based on the wiki, the BA lounge will close too long before a 20:35 flight to be useful, right?

Last edited by ashill; May 11, 2015 at 2:23 pm
Old May 11, 2015, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashill
Do any of the PHL lounges have a kid's area or an area that will be relatively out of the way to avoid bothering others and minimize distractions as we try to get the little one down before the flight?

We'll be flying PHL-FRA (20:35 departure) on US in coach with a one-year-old (Sapphire status-based lounge access). Planning to get to the airport with tons of time to spare, but lounge-hopping is not high on my priority list. I've been in the B/C lounge a few times, but never in the others.

Based on the wiki, the BA lounge will close too long before a 20:35 flight to be useful, right?
I researched the lounges whilst writing the wiki iirc this weekend; these are US Clubs that are rebranded, and as the wiki reflects they don't seem to have a Childrens Room in any.

There's a link in the wiki to the PHL website - maybe there'll be a children's' area at PHL?

The link in the Hours: leads to the oneworld lounge access and lounges pages; BA itself refers you there for hours of their own lounges, so I'd check there.

Happy travels!
Old May 11, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
There is a children's play area between where the A and B terminal are in PHL. Within the lounges, there is none.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by perseus11
The BA Galleries Lounge was NEVER intended to serve both BA and AA. AA arranged an interim agreement with BA to Temporarily use the lounge while they were constructing a new AA lounge in Terminal "D", where they were to move (from A-East). After US/AA merger mania started, the move to "D" was canceled and so was the new AA lounge. BA does not share lounges with any other carrier. This was a special, temporary case, which was to last only a few months, but was extended because of the merger.

I really doubt the new AA lounge is anything other than a temporary measure until they decide what to do with PHL in the long term. It'll be interesting to see if top OW carriers like QR are going to want something a bit better than the standard domestic lounges.
I can't imagine they would dump PHL.

Anyway, the BA lounge - when it is functioning as the BA lounge and not open exclusively for QR - is still a OW lounge and subject to the OW agreement. The staff might try and push you elsewhere, but you can just push back.

Originally Posted by Majuki
Yeah, but even with an international F cabin there is still little incentive for AA to put in a Flagship Lounge in PHL, which is precisely the reason they don't have one in DFW or MIA.
Except that DFW and MIA both have more reason for them.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

BA Galleries and First are indeed oneworld lounges, which pretty much means C or F, Sapphrire or Emerald, departing on a wialifying flight. There is no qualifying domestic or short haul (Canada, Caribbean etc.) flight that would work currently, and Club membership won't either.

As was said, the access for AA / US was an interim measure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.