Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Flying out of PHL later this week (21:30 to AMS) with my 12 year old. What are most folks using for lounge now? I presume A-East is packed most days, is BA letting folks in (I am AA EXP)?

We will be getting to the airport pretty early I presume, and I don't love the idea of hanging out at the gate for 3 hours. We will plan on dinner in the airport so we can get right to sleep on the plane - previously would have ordered food in A-West. Does A-East offer a menu. If not, is there anyplace that's a decent sit-down that I am unaware of (like in D or F - I expect to have plenty of time for walking around).
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Cant speak to BA lounge but best Admirals Club option is B/C lounge. It is large and food can be ordered from the menu. Another option is Centurion Lounge if you have access.

Several sit down restaurant options in B / C connector and terminals.
Dad to Rei likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
Flying out of PHL later this week (21:30 to AMS) with my 12 year old. What are most folks using for lounge now? I presume A-East is packed most days, is BA letting folks in (I am AA EXP)?

We will be getting to the airport pretty early I presume, and I don't love the idea of hanging out at the gate for 3 hours. We will plan on dinner in the airport so we can get right to sleep on the plane - previously would have ordered food in A-West. Does A-East offer a menu. If not, is there anyplace that's a decent sit-down that I am unaware of (like in D or F - I expect to have plenty of time for walking around).
BA let me in without a blink of an eye a few months ago while on an AA intl itinerary.
Dad to Rei likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
BA let me in without a blink of an eye a few months ago while on an AA intl itinerary.
It may be easier on days when BA doesn't have the late flight. They keep the lounge open for a while, presumably for BA connecting passengers, and it is quiet. I had no trouble on a Saturday, in September though they seemed to attach some weight to my having BA status.
Dad to Rei likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Segments
Cant speak to BA lounge but best Admirals Club option is B/C lounge. It is large and food can be ordered from the menu. Another option is Centurion Lounge if you have access.

Several sit down restaurant options in B / C connector and terminals.
Thanks, there's nothing that I consider particularly good there though. I think the Sky Asian place may be the best option, its serviceable.

I don't know D / E / F terminals well though.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I had no problem accessing the BA lounge when on an international itinerary but it was packed to the gills. This was around 6 pm. Although the food and drink were a bit better than the AC we quickly decamped to there.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei

A-East has actually not been that bad recently. I think most folks have figured out that B/C is just as close to the A-West gates as A-East is, so there is not much reason to go to A-East unless you are flying out of A1-A13.

I have never had good experience with ordered meals in AC personally, so I would always opt for a restaurant. I would recommend Legal Seafood as a good sit down dining option in B/C. D through F does not have many good sit down options, at least not since Cantina Laredo closed. Chickies and Petes in E is good if you want bar food (get the crab fries).
Dad to Rei likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:02 am

Anyone know if the PHL Flagship lounge will be open by May 2020?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Jeremy3292
Anyone know if the PHL Flagship lounge will be open by May 2020?
Unlikely. Forecast has been for late 2020.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Segments
Unlikely. Forecast has been for late 2020.
Dang. I'm working on planning my flights to India for May and will likely be using Qatar Airways. Looks like I'll be using another connection point! Perhaps ATL, JFK, or DFW.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Dang. I'm working on planning my flights to India for May and will likely be using Qatar Airways. Looks like I'll be using another connection point! Perhaps ATL, JFK, or DFW.
If you're planning your routing solely around which gateway has a Flagship Lounge, you do know that ATL doesn't have one either of course...
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:40 am

I'm working on planning my flights to India for May and will likely be using Qatar Airways. Looks like I'll be using another connection point! Perhaps ATL, JFK, or DFW.
Would suggest DOH, personally.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
If you're planning your routing solely around which gateway has a Flagship Lounge, you do know that ATL doesn't have one either of course...
Yes, thank you. However, the "Club at ATL" is available for Qatar Airways travelers and it has showers, which I generally look for in a lounge. I can use different inbound/outbound USA positioning points, based upon price and amenity combos as Qatar flies through numerous east coast cities.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Would suggest DOH, personally.
Yes, all Qatar Airways flights go through Doha I believe. I'm trying to find the best USA positioning point for the flight to/from Doha. I don't live next to a major airport so I can position at numerous USA cities as Qatar flies through multiple east coast cities.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:46 pm

Yes, all Qatar Airways flights go through Doha I believe. I'm trying to find the best USA positioning point for the flight to/from Doha. I don't live next to a major airport so I can position at numerous USA cities as Qatar flies through multiple east coast cities.
Humor fail...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.