Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
HOURS: Current hours for all PHL Admirals Clubs are posted on aa.com here.

Admirals Club, Terminal A East
LOCATION: After clearing security at the Terminal A-East checkpoint, continue straight ahead. The lounge is located on the right side.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access

Admirals Club, Terminal A West
LOCATION: Terminal A West, mezzanine level between Gates A15 and A16.
CLOSED September 2019 for conversion to Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club - Terminal B / C
LOCATION: Third floor between B and C terminals. Access via escalator at center of food court, or elevator on concourse B side

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase
  • Conference Room

Admirals Club - Terminal F

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary light food, beverages and alcohol
  • Food for Purchase

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge and First Lounge (Restricted Access)
HOURS: Daily 15:15 to 20:20

NOTE: Access to Galleries First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in intercontinental) First Class.

Galleries Club (Business) and First Lounges restricted to BA, QR and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald traveling qualifying oneworld flights. (See here for oneworld access criteria). Admirals Club members do not have access unless meeting above criteria.

Access to both lounges is often capacity managed prioritising those travelling on BA services to LHR and QR services to DOH. As the BA flights are premium heavy, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald passengers travelling on AA flights may be directed to the Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Clubs & Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by perseus11
I assume you're talking about the (little) A-East Club.
I believe that would be it!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Clark Casual
I was in the A-West AC yesterday and the AAngels told me that it was closing completely in January for the conversion to Flagship lounge.
So only a year behind schedule!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL
So only a year behind schedule!
Believe it or not (I sure do), I've been told by reliable sources, It's not AA's fault for the FS delays, it's the multi County construction Unions (A-West is located in Delaware County, the rest of the airport is located in Philadelphia). Supposedly, its taken the Airport all this time to resolve the politics of who does what. I posted about this previously.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
This is more a general AC question but we are flying through PHL. I was able to book J OMA -PHL-EDI but decided to use my wife’s last 30k + 30k of my miles (so 2 separate PNR’s) in coach for the return - AA is letting her sit next to me in the bulkhead for free. There is like a 6 hour layover - will we have a problem when we get to the AC? I checked with CS; they said she would have no problem because of my status - just checking with you guys.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:52 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kmandrew
This is more a general AC question but we are flying through PHL. I was able to book J OMA -PHL-EDI but decided to use my wife’s last 30k + 30k of my miles (so 2 separate PNR’s) in coach for the return - AA is letting her sit next to me in the bulkhead for free. There is like a 6 hour layover - will we have a problem when we get to the AC? I checked with CS; they said she would have no problem because of my status - just checking with you guys.
I assume you are talking about on the return.

What's your status?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stc
I assume you are talking about on the return.

What's your status?
kmandrew's status appears to be Lifetime Platinum and there should be no problem, a guest only has to be on a OW flight.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by perseus11
Believe it or not (I sure do), I've been told by reliable sources, It's not AA's fault for the FS delays, it's the multi County construction Unions (A-West is located in Delaware County, the rest of the airport is located in Philadelphia). Supposedly, its taken the Airport all this time to resolve the politics of who does what. I posted about this previously.
Oh I completely believe you. I was just saying it, regardless of who is responsible for the delay. Glad it's finally getting done!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Bad news again. I talked to the AAngel on duty in the A West Admiral's Club this morning and it looks like the Flagship Lounge project has been delayed until March. Reason given is about financing. I was told that this conversion (BTW, half Flagship, half AC) will be very expensive because the club sits on top of the Immigration and Customs area, so all workers that will be working on the second floor (the AC is on the third) have to be vetted by the US government.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Clark Casual
Bad news again. I talked to the AAngel on duty in the A West Admiral's Club this morning and it looks like the Flagship Lounge project has been delayed until March. Reason given is about financing. I was told that this conversion (BTW, half Flagship, half AC) will be very expensive because the club sits on top of the Immigration and Customs area, so all workers that will be working on the second floor (the AC is on the third) have to be vetted by the US government.
I don't know why they bother with half-AC, half Flagship. Back when it opened it was half-Envoy, half-US Airways Club, and they closed off Club access after a year or two and made the whole third floor an Envoy lounge in the evenings due to overcrowding (it was still half-club in the mornings - till 1pm if I remember). Look at what they've done at JFK in closing off Admirals access to the B lounge...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Hey folks, flying AA transatlantic ex PHL next week, hoping some of you can give me some advice.

I'm OW Sapphire & hold an Amex Platinum so I understand the following should in theory be open to me;

(1) Admirals Club(s)
(2) BA Lounge
(3) Centurion (3hrs prior to departure)

My flight is at 9pm, however I'm coming from DC. I'm considering heading mid morning and working from one of the lounges from approx 1pm to my flight time. I know that's a non runner with the new Centurion rules but I'm happy to pick one of the others until 6pm and then head into Centurion.

So I guess my questions are as follows;
(1) Do AA/BA enforce any entry rules similar to Amex? (Bearing in mind I'm an O&D flight, I'm not connecting)
(2) Which is the best lounge for working in?

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
There is a thread about BA lounge access - if you are not flying on BA they will likely tell you to go to one of the Admirals Clubs instead. The lounge in A-West around gate A16 is the largest, and in my experience quietest, thought it will get busy as the international flight banks ramp up. The lounge in B/C I don't think I've noticed as loud, but I usually am not trying to get work done in it. There are carols for working off the main room. The Centurion lounge is above the BA lounge, and is usually quite busy in the evenings. I would consider that the nosiest lounge.

There two additional Admirals Clubs in A-East (under gate A6) and in the F terminal. Unless you are looking to tick off "visiting all lounges" it is not really worth using either. I don't believe AA enforces a time-before-departure rule for entry.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:22 am

Flying to LHR on AA tonight, Ticket is BA codeshare on AA metal. I have OW sapphire and Amex platinum. What is the best lounge at PHL for a meal and drinks before my flight? I've only been to the centurion here.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:09 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gbc9174
Flying to LHR on AA tonight, Ticket is BA codeshare on AA metal. I have OW sapphire and Amex platinum. What is the best lounge at PHL for a meal and drinks before my flight? I've only been to the centurion here.
I realize it is too late for you, but I would say Centurion, followed by BA, with AA (all locations) a distant last. Although there are things about BA that are probably better than Centurion (pour own liquor, different snacks, not as crowded. Etc.)
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Deleted

Last edited by Namaste1; Apr 12, 2019 at 8:28 am
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
The Wiki says the BA lounge opens at 3pm, and the OW website says 4:15pm ( https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=PHL ). Anyone know which is correct?

I'm AA PLT flying AA metal in Y, which means my wife and I *should* be entitled to use the BA lounge. If they try to turn me away and I politely insist, will they back down?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.