need suggestion - schedule change

Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yes, but that is not what the OP wants. The OP wants to resolve the schedule change on CPH-LHR or LHR-SEA (btw you do not say which changed nor what were your original timings, but given what you describe I imagine that you are currently to be on the Thursday 8.50 from LHR, arriving at 8.25 from CPH?) by a change of route: CPH-LHR, LHR-LAX. The OP is correct that BA will most certainly refuse to create award space on LHR-LAX, which sells extremely well in F in the first place, where it can instead offer a later LHR-SEA.

BA may also be amenable to letting you fly on another day (on the same route) if it is of interest as the SEA flight only goes at 8.50 one day a week.

Unfortunately, both airlines tend to be rather narrow minded when one seeks to resolve a timetable change through a rerouting on a different origin or destination, but if you want to go that way, I would suggest pushing the AA flight option as it is (in my view) slightly less unlikely that they will say yes compared to BA.
Depending how the agent reads BA's re-booking guidelines it still may be possible. Re-booking into the lowest available booking class applies to both commercial and redemption bookings. So, that's taken care of, and no award space needs to be created, as I mentioned before. And then there is this langauge:

If the passenger declines the options to rebook or refund, then they may be offered the option to reroute to an alternative gateway following the guidelines below.

Rebook onto the next available flight on BA, (if JB routing also use BA*AA/AA, BA*US/US, BA*AY/AY, BA*EC or BA*JL/JL), to the nearest alternative gateway within a max 300 miles radius.

I know that the last segment is operated by AS and I am not sure whether the final destination counts or SEA but it is worth calling back and enquiring. I have come across quite a few agents who are not familiar with the re-booking rules and insist that award travel can only be re-booked using redemption seats which is not correct, at least not with BA.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:08 am

Well, I heard back from AA yesterday. We now have a completely different routing. SMF-DFW-MAD-CPH. All except MAD-CPH on AA metal. MAD-CPH on IB Express. We get into CPH 4.5 hours later, but at least we have flights. All flights are in J, with seat assignments made when AA rebooked. I am not thrilled with the DFW-MAD flight as it is not a retrofitted 767, so lost our lay flat pod seats we had previously, but I can live with the new flights.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
I am still stuck with AA not being willing to do anything. Have one sent emails to the AA executive team outlining the problem and asking that they look at the situation and see if they think it is reasonable that we get delayed 3.5 and are also downgraded on a major flight segment.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:48 am

deant: Did you ever get this resolved?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Goldiemom
I can live with the new flights.
Enjoy your IB Express flight. 30" (lack of) pitch in J.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldiemom
deant: Did you ever get this resolved?
Yes I did. Sent an email to Doug Parker's office and the next morning I received a call from his office. They apologized for the problem and stated that it should never have happened. AA should have taken care of the problem. Just because it was a BA schedule change does not take AA off the hook. Parker's office immediately rebooked me on the AA non-stop LHR to LAX. Not as good as being on the BA non-stop but perfectly acceptable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.