Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Deciphering Account Activity on AA.com March 28th Forward

Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat

Did a DCA-JFK RT over the weekend on AA ticket/metal in addition to a GNV-DCA RT on US ticket/metal. The AA flight has posted to my now merged account on AA.com but the US portion hasn't. I'm sure it will eventually.

However the account activity that posted makes no sense to me.
mileage bonus
AMERICAN AIRLINES 3230 Y JFK DCA 213 787 1,000
AMERICAN AIRLINES 3378 Y DCA JFK 213 787 1,000
Transaction Posted 389 611 1,000
Transaction Posted 330 670 1,000

Can someone help me decipher this? Is mileage the elite qualifying miles and bonus is merely my 100% bonus as a CP/EP? I assume we get minimum 500 miles EQM per segment but these segments add up to something greater than 1,000. What does transaction posted mean? Can someone help decipher please. Thanks.

Also my EQPs are now 200 greater than my EQMs. They transferred over as the same amount from my DM account. I have no idea what any of this means.

Go Gators

Edit: I can't get the columns to line up, so apologies for the presentation. Mileage should line up with the far left numerical column, bonus should line up with the middle column, and total on the far left.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by GNVGator
Did a DCA-JFK RT over the weekend on AA ticket/metal in addition to a GNV-DCA RT on US ticket/metal. The AA flight has posted to my now merged account on AA.com but the US portion hasn't. I'm sure it will eventually.

mileage bonus

Can someone help me decipher this? Is mileage the elite qualifying miles and bonus is merely my 100% bonus as a CP/EP? I assume we get minimum 500 miles EQM per segment but these segments add up to something greater than 1,000. What does transaction posted mean? Can someone help decipher please. Thanks.

Also my EQPs are now 200 greater than my EQMs. They transferred over as the same amount from my DM account. I have no idea what any of this means.

Go Gators

Edit: I can't get the columns to line up, so apologies for the presentation. Mileage should line up with the far left numerical column, bonus should line up with the middle column, and total on the far left.
Did you go via CLT on the way to GNV? Looks like one direction of that trip has posted, as "Transaction Posted", and the details will appear at some point.

The EQM never appears unfortunately. I was hoping they'd display that, but you'll have to work that out for yourself. What posted there for you was the base miles, plus the "bonus" which incorporates the minimum 500 miles (287 miles in this case) plus the 100% bonus of an additional 500 miles.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by deeruck
Did you go via CLT on the way to GNV? Looks like one direction of that trip has posted, as "Transaction Posted", and the details will appear at some point.

The EQM never appears unfortunately. I was hoping they'd display that, but you'll have to work that out for yourself. What posted there for you was the base miles, plus the "bonus" which incorporates the minimum 500 miles (287 miles in this case) plus the 100% bonus of an additional 500 miles.
Yeah plans changed on me so I had to nest DCA-JFK-DCA within GNV-CLT-DCA-CLT-GNV. As I understand it I should have received 3,000 EQMs for the 6 segments flown. Did I receive that? Or has only the DCA-JFK-DCA part posted?

Go Gators
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by GNVGator

mileage bonus

Go Gators

The AA portion is pretty easy once you get to know it:
JFK-DCA = 213 miles then they bundle a) the bonus for the 500 mile minimum (287 in this case) with b) your ExpPlat 100% bonus (on the 500 mile min) together for the 787 total bonus.

My guess is that the other two entries are for the 2 US flights GNV - CLT - DCA using the same math.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.