Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA rebanked DFW and ORD today [29 Mar 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA rebanked DFW and ORD today [29 Mar 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by moki1
everyone be careful checking the schedule changes AA is sending out. In the past it was just flight number or a few minutes change in flight time, but now with the merger and banking it seems sometimes it is significant. I was on AA to PHL with connection to US Air to TLV. I got notice about schedule change and luckily looked close. They had actually re-scheduled me on a flight that arrived in PHL 1 1/2 hours after the departure of the flight to TLV so obviously systems are not talking to each other yet.
I've just had a notification from TripIt that I'm in the same boat on Thursday. Inbound connecting flight to DFW arrives one hour after outbound departs.

No word yet from AA (operator of the changed connecting flight) or BA (ticketing carrier). Not even sure who I'm to be angry with--TripIt, who could be wrong although it would be a first, AA for changing the schedules, BA for not taking the time to notify me or rectify the situation, or maybe all three?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Great, lines at Frontera are going to be even longer
why would you care if you are a connecting passenger .... you're too late for your connection and the next bank is 4 hours later ..... sit back relax and enjoy a couple of margaritas and a cochinita pibil torta
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320

As bad as DFW may be though, ORD is going to become an absolute massacre. Only a slight dusting of snow and people will be IRROPSed for days!
only if the snow and the banked times coincide .... sort of like a snowstorm during rush hour
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Arsey00
I've just had a notification from TripIt that I'm in the same boat on Thursday. Inbound connecting flight to DFW arrives one hour after outbound departs.

No word yet from AA (operator of the changed connecting flight) or BA (ticketing carrier). Not even sure who I'm to be angry with--TripIt, who could be wrong although it would be a first, AA for changing the schedules, BA for not taking the time to notify me or rectify the situation, or maybe all three?
Have you pulled up your PNR to see if those changes have actually been reflected? In the past, BA only called about a week in advance for schedule changes that were made months prior, so it's possible that they're working through the backlog AA handed them when they made all the changes last week (although with 24 hours to go you figure you would've heard by now).
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Have you pulled up your PNR to see if those changes have actually been reflected? In the past, BA only called about a week in advance for schedule changes that were made months prior, so it's possible that they're working through the backlog AA handed them when they made all the changes last week (although with 24 hours to go you figure you would've heard by now).
I have been, PNR still reflects an earlier flight. But I've had a few experiences now where TripIt and my PNR had differing views on when I'd be flying, and to date TripIt has been proven correct in the end each time.

I actually booked this last year before AA/US made the Big Changes to the schedule aligning their flights in November so it's the second time the timings have had to be adjusted. BA took their time in notifying me the first time, but that was five months out so I'd agree they were working through a backlog and there was nothing urgent about my booking.

This notification is making me much more nervous. I have two trips on separate PNRs very quickly after the end of this one for which I may find myself responsible.

Are the DFW schedules still in flux? Or would the rebanking have resulted in one large schedule change on the day, and this is just random occurrence?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:40 am

I have been, PNR still reflects an earlier flight. But I've had a few experiences now where TripIt and my PNR had differing views on when I'd be flying, and to date TripIt has been proven correct in the end each time.

I actually booked this last year before AA/US made the Big Changes to the schedule aligning their flights in November so it's the second time the timings have had to be adjusted. BA took their time in notifying me the first time, but that was five months out so I'd agree they were working through a backlog and there was nothing urgent about my booking.

This notification is making me much more nervous. I have two trips on separate PNRs very quickly after the end of this one for which I may find myself responsible.

Are the DFW schedules still in flux? Or would the rebanking have resulted in one large schedule change on the day, and this is just random occurrence?
Are you checking your BA or your AA PNR?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:49 am

BA, although I have an AA PNR. I doubt the AA is relevant though, as if AA makes a change and forwards the info to BA, even AA would have to wait until BA's system catches up and reflects the changes. AA has tried to help over the phone but says all they can do with the AA PNR is view BA's current screen.

If this is a schedule change due to the recent rebanking, shouldn't I have had notification on or around the 28th? Email came yesterday. My confusion mounts!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:04 am

BA, although I have an AA PNR. I doubt the AA is relevant though, as if AA makes a change and forwards the info to BA, even AA would have to wait until BA's system catches up and reflects the changes. AA has tried to help over the phone but says all they can do with the AA PNR is view BA's current screen.

If this is a schedule change due to the recent rebanking, shouldn't I have had notification on or around the 28th? Email came yesterday. My confusion mounts!
Has your itinerary changed in anyway as far as you can tell, or is it exactly the same? Wondering if AA switched flight numbers on you, and TripIt is picking up the new schedule with the old flight number.

In general, if checking the PNR on the operating carrier shows what you expect, I wouldn't be worried about it.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:22 am

I've looked back, and I think you might have hit it. Original PNR had me on AA1300, later changed to 1298. It is 1300 that has changed times.

So my recent problem may not be related at all, and therefore quite off topic. Apologies, and thank you for your help!

I'm still leaning away from booking banked hubs when possible after difficulties last week, and will see how tomorrow goes. I have much more padding on this connection than on the outbound so my hopes are higher.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by chiil1974
I flew out of ORD last week and according to a co-worker Frontera was quoting 20-30 minute wait times at the time of ordering (lunch). She said she got hers food in 15-20 minutes but many people walked away as soon as they heard 20-30 minutes.
Heck, I've been regularly quoted 30 minute waits back two years ago when flying home from ORD on Thursday evenings.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Ugh, just got the reschedule notice from AA for the flights I had booked for July. Count me as one who hates the re-banked schedule. The new flight times suck.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:37 am

Aaaaand....I've just received an email about my July flights through ORD.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:04 am

Changes keep messing with my schedules

Every summer for the last 3 summers I have been working to visit all the MLB parks. Last year AA removed the last flight out from PIT to AUS (or technically DFW) that I was on, it was my flight home and after 14 days didn't want to have to spend an extra night in a hotel, so instead of leaving at 6:30 pm I had to leave at 1:30 pm, no time to sightsee.

This year they cancelled the first flight of the day on Saturday from AUS to STL (again technically DFW), this time my first day of a 15-day trip, so instead of getting in at 8:43 am, I now arrive at 11:59 am. Thing is I have a ballpark tour schedule at 12:30, latest time that day. I now have to either try to adjust my plans for the next 3 days to accommodate event tickets I'be already purchased, or take a red-eye Friday night through PHX to get into STL at 4:47 am. Called and complained which did no good, they did say if I couldn't work it out they'd refund it. But planning a 9-city trip for 15 days is not an easy juggle.

Side note, I always try to book a longer layover at DFW, saves me from running through it like a crazy person and gives me a chance to hit the Centrioun lounge for some food, drinks, massage or manicure - also less stressful.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JENinATX
Side note, I always try to book a longer layover at DFW, saves me from running through it like a crazy person and gives me a chance to hit the Centrioun lounge for some food, drinks, massage or manicure - also less stressful.
This.^

These 40-50 minute connection times at DFW/ORD severely impact my ability to utilize the AC. Not sure I'll renew my membership in June when it expires. On the contrary, the AC membership will become quite useful when things become all cattywampus at the hubs due to IRROPS
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:21 pm

Today's connection not near as hectic as last week, I'm actually sitting in the AC. I did, however, book a 6 hour layover with the intention of meeting my mum for lunch...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.