Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Award redemption AMM-DOH-AUH-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
AA Award redemption AMM-DOH-AUH-LHR

Dear all,

I'm trying to book an award ticket AMM-DOH-AUH-LHR in first class and was priced for 62,500 miles (25,000 for business in Middle East and 40,000 for First class to Europe) instead of 40,000 miles like I originally thought.

Is this because that I didn't take the most direct routing? I put 2 Etihad A380 ticket on hold so I have to fly AUH-LHR portion, but also need to get from AMM-AUH (Etihad showed no availability on this route).

Do I have an argument for first class trip originating from Middle East should be 40,000 miles? Or it's up to whatever the computer price it as?

Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by jazzmailman
Dear all,

I'm trying to book an award ticket AMM-DOH-AUH-LHR in first class and was priced for 62,500 miles (25,000 for business in Middle East and 40,000 for First class to Europe) instead of 40,000 miles like I originally thought.

Is this because that I didn't take the most direct routing? I put 2 Etihad A380 ticket on hold so I have to fly AUH-LHR portion, but also need to get from AMM-AUH (Etihad showed no availability on this route).

Do I have an argument for first class trip originating from Middle East should be 40,000 miles? Or it's up to whatever the computer price it as?

Thanks!
There has to be a published fare allowing that routing. I would suggest that there is not, therefore it is split into two. That is not something that can be argued/negotiated, unless you can find a fare that allows your desired routing (or MPM).
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
That does seem to be a non direct routing
Did it come up in a search engine or did you manually enter it?
BA flies nonstop AMM-LHR
AMM-LHR is 2292 miles
AMM-DOH-AUH-LHR is 4679

As noted, there has to be a published fare for the routing

Last edited by mvoight; Mar 19, 2015 at 3:41 am
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:59 am
Suspended

The fact that 2 different OneWorld carrier serve that route non-stop; BA and RJ could most definitely cause problems in getting this issued as desired even if there -is- a published fare that would allow it.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jazzmailman
Dear all,

Thanks!
As mentioned, a governing carrier's fare has to allow it

None of EY's fares allows travel to AMM via DOH to AUH enroute to London
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
As mentioned, a governing carrier's fare has to allow it

None of EY's fares allows travel to AMM via DOH to AUH enroute to London
Thank you guys for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.