Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Latest merger updates: FFP merged 28 Mar. Updates, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

US Dividend Miles Successfully Merged Into AA AAdvantage March 2015

AA spokesperson Laura Nedbal states all USDM accounts have been ported over to AAdvantage as of 31 March. Further work to be done on accounts members matched. There will be a method on aa.com soon for members to merge accounts. Link to Dallas Morning News Aviation Blog by Terry Maxon.
Members stating employees say the conversion began the night of the 25th, CPs first and on down the status line, expected processing to complete Saturday. USDM status is now reflected in AA accounts. CP->EXP SWUs are showing up in accounts as well.
mmthomas44 reports in post #90 migation did not extend the original DM expiration.
aa.com: We know 500-mile upgrades are new for Dividend Miles Preferred members. So we'll add four 500-mile upgrades for every 10,000 Preferred qualifying miles earned from March 1, 2014 (or the date you qualified for Preferred status) through February 28, 2015 (maximum of 24). You can use these upgrades on flights over 500 miles or to upgrade a travel companion.

What to expect Link to this page (24 March 2015)

On March 28, we’ll begin transitioning to a single loyalty program and bringing millions of Dividend Miles members into the AAdvantage program. This process will take several days.

If you have a Dividend Miles account or if you matched your accounts, there’s nothing you need to do. Soon you’ll get an email with your new AAdvantage number or an email to let you know we’ve combined your accounts. Until then, you can continue to use your Dividend Miles number.
  • You can still book, check in and log in on aa.com and usairways.com
  • Some functionality like the ability to make Dividend Miles profile and notification updates will be unavailable for a few days
  • You’ll continue to earn miles and your new activity will post to your AAdvantage account on aa.com when the programs have combined
Want to book Dividend Miles award travel?

March 25 is the last day to book Dividend Miles award travel; redemption will be unavailable while we work to combine loyalty programs. Once we’ve combined loyalty programs, you can book award travel with your miles on aa.com.
28 March: Account merger; US Dividend Miles begin becoming AAdvantage miles. (US e-mail)

Major AA batch processes typically occur on weekends, and can take a day or two (perhaps longer this mother of all batches?) During processing time, accounts often are "zeroed out"(see thread), usually with an annotation:

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

-or-

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."
25 March midnight: End of new USDM award redemptions. (US e-mail)

20 Mar: Accounts can no longer be matched; USDM missing mile request link no longer appears on US site.

18 Mar: Attempt to sign up for USDM directs you to AAdvantage signup.

FFP merger: stated by 11 Mar, 2015.

See: Combining our loyalty programs in 2015 on aa.com for details.

Miles and Status
  • AA and USDM accounts should be matched by 20 March 2015.
  • USDM members have all PQM / RDM merged into AAdvantage accounts on 1:1 basis. (Those without existing or matched AAdvantage accounts will be assigned new accounts.)
  • USDM elite status level based on combined EQ activity for 2014.
  • AA status for 2016 based on combined 2015 YTD AA / US elite-qualifying activity.
  • AAdvantage miles earned and redeemable on all AA, US and stipulated partner flights.
Upgrades:
  • Merged FFP, different elite benefits on AA and US for an interim.
  • AA upgrade process adopted universally "when we have a single (Sabre) reservation system" "later this year".
  • Until then, "to upgrade, you should book flights that are marketed and operated by the same airline."
Credit cards with early boarding and free domestic bag privileges
  • Once FFPs combine, one free domestic checked bag and priority boarding will apply on AA and US for those with card privileges.
USDM awards bookings
  • Dividend Miles award bookings and mileage upgrade requests will be disabled a few days before we combine programs to allow us to integrate your accounts.
Some useful resources:

FT:Airport Terminal, Gate & Counter Changes

Link to Gary Leff's "View from the Wing" interview with AA's Suzanne Rubin

Link to TravelingBetter with JonNYC's information.

MODERATOR NOTE (Please do not alter.)

Q. My posts are missing! What happened?

Your posts have been moved, not deleted; please read on.[

We're trying to keep this thread super streamlined for announced and reported changes as they occur. Many of us from both sides of the "airline divide" have questions and concerns, and some of our most knowledgeable members are weighing with answers.

We've relocated questions and answers here to the JUST THE FACTS sticky thread, which has become the de facto thread for these many questions and has been slightly renamed: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fp-2014-a.html

Questions regarding upgrades have moved to the existing thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-threads.html.

The original thread, discussing the facts of the upcoming Frequent Flyer Program merger (U S Dividend Miles into AAdvantage) as announced in October, 2014, is JUST THE FACTS: Combined AA/US AAdvantage FFP Oct 2014 – details & facts only. This thread deals with more recent announcements (13 March 2015) relating to timelines and related changes (expected to take place in "under thirty days").

We've been discussing these issues in several threads, but recent AA and US e-mails certainly clinch some of those discussions. The first post contains the full contents of both e-mails.

Print Wikipost

Latest merger updates: FFP merged 28 Mar. Updates, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
A new award chart published?

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...iondefinitions

Just a layout change?

Last edited by O Sora; Mar 24, 2015 at 6:51 pm Reason: mistake
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by O Sora
I noticed several hikes.
For example? The ones I recall are unchanged.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Originally Posted by SJC AA
For example? The ones I recall are unchanged.
Sorry. I made a mistake.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
My AA status was just updated to Executive Platinum but my miles have not come over yet (and SWUs and stickers haven't been posted).
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Organgrinder
My AA status was just updated to Executive Platinum but my miles have not come over yet (and SWUs and stickers haven't been posted).
I'm now a Platinum on AA - wish they did this before last Sunday when an AA rep tried to charge me $60 for luggage.

Anyways, so far so good!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Good find! I'm now listed as PLT (also with no miles or other info). It wasn't this way a few hours earlier, as I was doing some award searching (SO MUCH EASIER AND FASTER than on the US site) and the $75 fee was showing. Woohoo! Onwards.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Mrs. OG's silver status has been transferred too, over to AA Gold, so looks like all statuses are transferring over today
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:43 am
Suspended

Mrs. OG's silver status has been transferred too, over to AA Gold, so looks like all statuses are transferring over today
Won't be complete today
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Some hopefully helpful, not sure how much of it new, info

How was THAT for worst thread title ever??

In any case, an omnibus post with some new (I think/hope some of it is new) info for you folks:

http://www.travelingbetter.com/showt...3271#post43271

I'd offer to summarize it, but maybe someone else can take a swing at that! I'm a little lost on some/much of it.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation

Q. My posts are missing! What happened?

Your posts have been moved, not deleted; please read on.[

We're trying to keep this thread super streamlined for announced and reported changes as they occur. Many of us from both sides of the "airline divide" have questions and concerns, and some of our most knowledgeable members are weighing with answers.

We've relocated questions and answers here to the JUST THE FACTS sticky thread, which has become the de facto thread for these many questions and has been slightly renamed: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fp-2014-a.html

Questions regarding upgrades have moved to the existing thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-threads.html.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 27, 2015 at 1:16 pm
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:23 am
Suspended

At midnight CDT tonight, we’ll begin the process of moving our Dividend Miles customers into the AAdvantage program, as well as making all related systems updates. While the entire process of combining accounts will take a few days, the majority of changes will be completed by Saturday afternoon, 28MAR15.

...during SFFP cutover, Ventana, the system that houses AAdvantage miles, will be unavailable between 2400CT until approximately 0400CT on Saturday 28MAR15. The following AAdvantage functionality may return an error (sample error responses include; Unable to verify balance mileage may not be current...

...Shortly after Ventana has completed their migration, AACoRN will release a new version which will include the:

Updates made to the 500-mile upgrade product

Ability to upgrade US marketed and operated flights using mileage/systemwide upgrades

Option to input a DM number to locate the corresponding AAdvantage number
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Excellent! Thanks for sharing that.

From a link posted in the USpc forum, Dallas Morning News published an internal message:

Here’s the Jetwire message:

“Since the merger closed, we’ve been working steadily towards a Single Operating Certificate, or SOC. On April 8 we expect to receive our SOC from the Federal Aviation Administration.

“Today, both American and US Airways operate under their own certificates. With SOC, the FAA recognizes American can legally operate as a single airline.

“Achieving SOC is a major milestone, but it does not mean that our integration is complete. While some of our operating policies and procedures will remain separate at SOC, the majority of our flight, maintenance and dispatch procedures will be identical for all flights that we operate.”
Booking systems merger still announced as Q4.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 28, 2015 at 4:01 am
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
As of 0511 CDT AAdvatage Login is still down (still up---damn Super Rugby - Warratahs vs Blues)...I'm sure there are colleagues who can keep track of when the process is completed.

Regards and Good night!

Shawn
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Everything up at 7:40am eastern... profile summary page looks quite a bit different although the layout is similar.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I like the new look, seems "cleaner". Also noticed last name is now required at log-in in addition to # and password.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.