Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Long Refund Delays - 2015 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Long Refund Delays - 2015 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; UA Gold
So, I contacted American Airlines via twitter, and the asked me to DM the details, and said that they had asked the Refunds Department to investigate, and that they would get back to me when they got any news. However, a very short time after the contact via Twitter, I got another email from AA Customer Relations in which they apologized and claimed the following:

"We have contacted our accounting department and they have issued an adjustment for the taxes to the credit card account used to purchase the tickets. A credit has been posted and should appear on one of your next two billing statements. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.

You can track the status of your refund via AA.com at the following link:

https://www.refunds.aa.com/"

Now, this is definitely better news that what the previous message mentioned in my original post conveyed, however I am not sure whether I am out of the wood yet. I have heard very similar claims by AA in the last six months, and I am still waiting for my refund. Moreover, when I check the status of the tickets at refunds.aa.com, both my wife's and mine still show as "refund not requested".

So, do you advise me to give AA the benefit of the doubt (once again) and wait a few weeks to see if this time this has actually been properly resolved, or to nonetheless complaint through the DOT about the delay in processing the refund?

Once again thank you very much to everyone for your help.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
I had to change a ticket early March for a later date. Luckily for me, I got a big refund coming due to fare change. Problem is I still haven't gotten refund nor has the tickets (three of them) been ticketed yet. They all still state "Ticket Pending". A little worried because my impression was is they cannot issue a SWU unless it's ticketed. The JFK - GRU flights never seem to have C awards until two weeks out but I just hit the 4 week mark. Should I be worried? I've called twice but informed they are way behind on refunds and reticketing.
Old May 8, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum; UA Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Markam
So, I contacted American Airlines via twitter, and the asked me to DM the details, and said that they had asked the Refunds Department to investigate, and that they would get back to me when they got any news. However, a very short time after the contact via Twitter, I got another email from AA Customer Relations in which they apologized and claimed the following:

"We have contacted our accounting department and they have issued an adjustment for the taxes to the credit card account used to purchase the tickets. A credit has been posted and should appear on one of your next two billing statements. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.

You can track the status of your refund via AA.com at the following link:

https://www.refunds.aa.com/"

Now, this is definitely better news that what the previous message mentioned in my original post conveyed, however I am not sure whether I am out of the wood yet. I have heard very similar claims by AA in the last six months, and I am still waiting for my refund. Moreover, when I check the status of the tickets at refunds.aa.com, both my wife's and mine still show as "refund not requested".

So, do you advise me to give AA the benefit of the doubt (once again) and wait a few weeks to see if this time this has actually been properly resolved, or to nonetheless complaint through the DOT about the delay in processing the refund?

Once again thank you very much to everyone for your help.
Victory, at last! After six months of wasting my time making calls and writing complaints, I just received the refund on my credit card. I am not sure whether it was the guys over at AA Twitter, or the very last agent from AA Customer Service quoted above, who actually took the time to look into the issue and resolve it directly with accounting instead of forwarding it to the black hole of the refunds department, but one way or another... it worked!

My advice for anyone in a similar situation would be to contact AA via Twitter, but also to try to get an AA Agent to solve the issue through accounting, instead of through refunds, just in case.

Again thank you very much to everyone for your help and advice! ^
Old May 24, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
When I input my ticket number into the aa refunds website I get an error 404? Anyone else getting this?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:44 am

Has anyone been having problems with the refund site? It has been giving me errors for the past 2 days (telling me to try again later). Extremely frustrating
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I am able to get in just fine but unfortunately my refund still hasn't processed.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by mrow
Have you tried twitter?

I had an issue a while back where AA.com generated an error during the purchase process so I ended up buying 3 tickets for identical flights. EXP line managed to cancel 1 of the duplicates before ticketing, but the 2nd slipped through before he could catch it.

As part of the refund process, I was asked to mail in a paper copy of the ticket (this didn't exist as I had purchased on AA.com!) and after about a week of running around in circles I ended up contacting AA through twitter. Refund was sorted 2 days later.
Ugh, this happened to me last week. Tried buying a ticket, said there was an error and to try again later. Went through the process again and said there was an error. Started going through a third, and got an email of my pending reservation, followed 10 minutes or so by another reservation (identical). Immediately called up AA ex plat line, but both reservations got ticketed. I was hoping the $1200 (each) wouldn't post, but it did.

The ex plat agent did submit my cancellation request but I think it's insane that canceling a ticket within 10 minutes Of actually ticketing would still post the actual charge, and that I have to now chase down my money. I would like to not be without that money as I could use it for the holidays. This was all over a week ago, still no update.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:20 am

Call the card company. They can read you the ticket numbers then contest the incorrect one. If you need the money I wouldn't wait.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Perfectly reasonable for a credit card authorization to become a posted transaction if ticket was issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.