Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA flight DFW-HKG-DFW experiences, questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
(LAA) 777-300ER / "77W" Experiences & Questions AA 137 / AA 138 DFW-HKG-DFW
NOTE: Changing to AA 125 and 126 Nov 2016

(with thanks to Dr. HFH for starting this thread)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
There's a thread for upgrade experiences on these flights, but none for experiences actually taking these flights, so I thought that I'd start one. These are arguably AA's premier flights right now, -- longest route, new aircraft, etc. So share your onboard experiences here, good, bad and otherwise!!
Discussion about the DFW-HKG route is here: DFW-PVG and DFW-HKG Starting Summer 2014 [route discussion]
Discussion about upgrades on the DFW-HKG flights are here: 77W DFW-HKG AA 137 / 138 Upgrade & Waitlist Discussion

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

AA flight DFW-HKG-DFW experiences, questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
[QUOTE=jlin011;23862792]
Originally Posted by frudd38

You heard on the thread or in person at the airport?

I'd posted a few pages back asking if it could be done and I asked at Airport Express Kowloon - consensus seemed to be no and that's the answer I got in person as well. Must use the shared AA desk.

FWIW the agent I regularly see at AE Kowloon (middle aged guy) seems ok but I got a pretty rude agent at the airport my last trip.
I heard from people chatting on the plane. So there is AE Kowloon check in for AA? I walked up and down the aisle twice and didn't see it, asked around and no one seemed to know what AA is lol.. It was pretty close to the 1.5 hr cutoff so I'm guessing he just took off early.

I'm curious does United or Delta use that hired agency as well?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
[QUOTE=frudd38;23863273]
Originally Posted by jlin011

I heard from people chatting on the plane. So there is AE Kowloon check in for AA? I walked up and down the aisle twice and didn't see it, asked around and no one seemed to know what AA is lol.. It was pretty close to the 1.5 hr cutoff so I'm guessing he just took off early.
It took me a few minutes to find it when I flew out in late Sept.

Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:55 am

[QUOTE=FriendlySkies;23863282]

Thanks, I probably just missed it as I was in a rush, but funny how no one can point me to the AA stand..
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
What I found odd about my round trip was that I was unable to OLCI DFW-HKG, but I was able to OLCI HKG-DFW.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
What I found odd about my round trip was that I was unable to OLCI DFW-HKG, but I was able to OLCI HKG-DFW.
assume they didn't have all your passport info in before first flight so couldn't do OLCI. Then agent put that all in so was available for OLCI for return. Have had same thing happen to me on UA to Asia
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
*snip ... whether AA has gotten off the pot and joined the e-channel program, etc.).
I can take this one - as of 11/7 it was still a big fat nope. Joined e-channel via APEC instead.... you can also do it on your fourth entry to HKG within a 12 month period.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
A few weeks ago we flew over in F using eVPs from I fares. I was not impressed with AA’s choice of seat nor service.

Flown AA’s 77W back from HKG in J a few times. The product is okay for the price but the service is woefully lacking.

I recommend that if you want to fly in the “premium” cabin that you purchase a business class ticket or, if your EXP, purchase your economy ticket months in advance and fly on a Tu/Wed.

The upgrade cue in HKG is really sad.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mad4Miles
A few weeks ago we flew over in F using eVPs from I fares. I was not impressed with AA’s choice of seat nor service.

Flown AA’s 77W back from HKG in J a few times. The product is okay for the price but the service is woefully lacking.

I recommend that if you want to fly in the “premium” cabin that you purchase a business class ticket or, if your EXP, purchase your economy ticket months in advance and fly on a Tu/Wed.

The upgrade cue in HKG is really sad.
How does the word "sad" fit this?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
The long upgrade list makes me sad.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Lots of sad faces.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Since there is no AC in HKG...who do you ask to try to block off seats next to you to get 3 together?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:55 pm

Anybody on 11/29's 137?

Last edited by frudd38; Nov 24, 2014 at 6:12 pm
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:07 pm

HKG check-in Counter

Good evening,

I am wondering what time the check-in starts for AA138 at HKG? Would it be exactly 10:40a.m. HKT, three hours before departure?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Ticket counter opens at 9:30am.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...kg-airport.jsp
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:38 am

[QUOTE=FriendlySkies;23863282]

Coincidently, Hong Kong AE AA check-in is also #14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.