Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MilesAAver award (non-AA airlines) not showing in Trips on aa.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro/ 1MM+, Marriott LT Plat

I booked two one way milesAAver awards on AA.com using AA miles, but on USAir flights from FCO-CLT-DFW. I got a PNR and I can pull it up manually on both AA and USAir sites, but it is now showing in my trip list on AA.com.

I checked the FF numbers and they are correct. The flights are ticketed and my account shows the deduction of miles.

Anyone else experience this? Any way to fix it to track this better? Is it because both flights are USAir metal vs AA?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:47 am

A common issue. Reservations that do not have any flights on AA do not "stick" in your "my reservations" list.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
When you pull up the reservation on usairways.com, are you able to select seats? I have the same situation (booked on aa.com with AA miles, wholly on US, itin not showing under My Trips). When I pull it up on usairways.com, it comes up and shows "active", but if I attempt to select seats it tells me to try again when the tickets have been issued. It's now been over a week since I booked.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: AA, onePass
Had the same with MileSaver OW award LHR-IAH on BA.....called and was told it won't show in My Trips due to having no AA seg but can pull it up independently with Record Locator and it's there.

I also have BA Booking Reference and was able to go into MMB and select my seats.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by akcae
When you pull up the reservation on usairways.com, are you able to select seats? I have the same situation (booked on aa.com with AA miles, wholly on US, itin not showing under My Trips). When I pull it up on usairways.com, it comes up and shows "active", but if I attempt to select seats it tells me to try again when the tickets have been issued. It's now been over a week since I booked.
it took a bit to actually ticket, but once it did, I was able to choose seats on the usair site. So give it another shot.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by geepmaley
it took a bit to actually ticket, but once it did, I was able to choose seats on the usair site. So give it another shot.
How long was "a bit"? I booked mine a week ago this past Fri (so it's over a week now). AA.com shows it as "ticketed", and usairways.com says Status: "active", and Original Issue Date has shown current day every day I checked.

As of a few min ago, I still get the message to wait until the ticket is issued (although my email receipt from AA shows ticket numbers).

The trip is in July so I'm not in a huge rush, but still, seems odd.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by akcae
How long was "a bit"? I booked mine a week ago this past Fri (so it's over a week now). AA.com shows it as "ticketed", and usairways.com says Status: "active", and Original Issue Date has shown current day every day I checked.

As of a few min ago, I still get the message to wait until the ticket is issued (although my email receipt from AA shows ticket numbers).

The trip is in July so I'm not in a huge rush, but still, seems odd.
A bit for me was a few hours. I'd call us air with the PNR from them and ask

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.