Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having trouble calling EXP desk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold

When I call the EXP desk the system told me to hold but my phone call keeps on disconnect around 3 minutes into the call. Is anyone else having this issue?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Just got the call through. That was weird.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

There were issues this morning with dropped calls and callers were also being connected to agents that were talking to other callers mid-conversation. I was told that they were working on resolving the issue. (This was around 5AM EST)

Safe Travels
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
yesterday, it took about 4 minutes to be put thru... but that was using the call back feature
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
I've had some longer than normal wait times lately, but I've been getting through. I feel like winter is always a bit tougher because it seems like some large swath of the country is somewhere in the middle of a major weather blowup.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AA exp
I have had a lot of wait times recently, must be weather related
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pandaren
When I call the EXP desk the system told me to hold but my phone call keeps on disconnect around 3 minutes into the call. Is anyone else having this issue?
I had 2 calls yesterday drop right after saying Hello and getting started with a representative... but my 3rd call (just minutes later) worked just fine. Haven't need to call since.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
I called last night around midnight and kept getting the "Thank you for calling the Executive Platinum line" message every two seconds, then the call dropped after about 3 minutes. I called again this morning and everything seemed to be fine.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA
no joking, i had better luck dealing with the plat desk than the exp. seems wait times for exp are higher on a fairly regular basis.

maybe i should just go back to calling the plat desk....
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by teevee
no joking, i had better luck dealing with the plat desk than the exp. seems wait times for exp are higher on a fairly regular basis.

maybe i should just go back to calling the plat desk....
I think a few of my calls have been getting redirected to other Elite desks (or general reservations) because the EXP line is saturated. About 25% of the time, AAgents don't say "Executive Platinum" before introducing themselves.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I think a few of my calls have been getting redirected to other Elite desks (or general reservations) because the EXP line is saturated. About 25% of the time, AAgents don't say "Executive Platinum" before introducing themselves.
I had to cancel and award reservation this evening and I was on hold for about 5 minutes (pretty long for EXP line)... and same experience; no "Executive Platinum, [insert name here]" greeting. That said, the agent was sharp and was able to get things handled very quickly and efficiently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.